Current Page: 1 of 2
Team against Newcastle - time to drop Lacazette?
Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 14:22

The option of Mari, Xhaka and Saka ta left flank will boost our left-side defensive and attacking threats to no end.

Saka is the future and Kolasinac is yesterday news.
Tierney and Saka are the new LB.
And with Soares who can play LB as well, we are well-stocked at left side and during summer, Kolasinac will most likely to be sold to boost transfer funds and also to reduce our salary bill.
Arsene Wenger had loaded our salary bill since 2013 in a desperate attempt to maintain Top-4 and chasing a pipe-dream of winning his 4th title by throwing money at it.

Lacazette?
To accommodate Martinelli, Pepe and Aubameyang, Lacazette is the sacrificial goat due to his impotence in front of goal and so lacking in confidence that he always tried to take an extra touch, an extra step and an extra turn to find his "perfect" angle to shoot, resulting being closed down and blocked by defenders.
Worse, he has no link-up plays and no peripheral vision and tactical awareness to play quick one-two and to find an open midfield player driving in from outside the box.

At least Martinelli will never drop his head and has the energy to chase after lost cause throughout 90+ minutes of the game. Lacazette gave up too easily early in the game.

….. ….. ….. ….. ….. Leno

… Bellerin ….. Luiz ….. Mari ….. Saka

….. ….. Torreira ….. ….. ….. Xhaka

… Pepe ….. ….. … Ozil … ….. ….. Aubameyang

….. ….. ….. ….. Lacazette

That is my pipe dream.
Arteta believes in continuity and players are given all the chances to bond on the pitch and intensive training in Dubai is aimed to accompany that … telepathic communication between players working around the rigid discipline imposed by Arteta on his tactical discipline.

He needed Luiz as the dominant leader who can lead and organise his defence with both Bellerin and Saka providing stability having play together with Torriera-Xhaka-Ozil-Laca-Auba for so many games.

Martinelli is still young and has yet to develop their peripheral vision to link up well with Laca and Auba. Most of his goals are predatory with him having the knack to appear at the right place right time for a tap-in. But he struggles to link-up with Auba. Laca is a better partner for Auba having played together for more than a year.

Pepe?
He is the joker in the pack.
Perhaps the Dubai training stint had improved his integration within the team and it will bring out the best in him?
Worth a punt at home against Newcastle with his direct running against a dodgy Back-4.

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Re: Team against Newcastle - time to drop Lacazette?
Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 14:44

Lacazette will score this weekend.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Posted by: sinpa01 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 23:42

DROP LACA? Sell man he rubbish

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 02:04

Bench him in the EPL.
Play him in the Euro and FA cup.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 09:10

Quote:
weedz
Bench him in the EPL.
Play him in the Euro and FA cup.

Other way round. Those comps we've got a chance in so Laca shouldn't be starting them. He's finished as a Arsenal player.

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 10:32

I don't get Lacazette. I think he is a good player and is strong, but he's just not playing to his potential at the moment. What has gone wrong?

Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 21:00

He's got a poor first touch. He can't dribble and is very slow. His away form has been truely shocking.

He needs to be let go in the summer.

Posted by: plonky (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 01:42

Laca has allegedly been playing hide the salami with a woman who is not his long term girlfriend so he is still scoring away from home on a regular basis.

Date: 14 February, 2020 06:44

Quote:
plonky
Laca has allegedly been playing hide the salami with a woman who is not his long term girlfriend so he is still scoring away from home on a regular basis.

He still cannot scored.
Bet she is crying out aloud: "Not fair! I need a microscope to find it!"

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 16:26

Must win game if we have European dreams.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Date: 15 February, 2020 16:33

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Must win game if we have European dreams.
All our games are must win games, but we seem to keep drawing them.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 17:10

Because of the break, there are great expectations from this one.

Some knives will be out if we don't win this one even though it's actually too early to ask Arteta.

Have a feeling we will get the win in the first half and have our usual second half display & hang on for the win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2020 01:55 by CazOnARola.

Date: 15 February, 2020 18:04

I think the break has been good from an arsenal perspective. Arteta has had the chance to get to know the squad and get his ideas across. Let's hope it translates into results.

Date: 16 February, 2020 00:01

On more "if" and no more "but".
If Arteta can't win this game at home, knives will be out.

The buck stops at his table if he still cannot find a winning combination to beat Newcastle.

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 01:35

We're going to win this by four or five you know.

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 01:43

We must all be confident of a home win, going by the prediction league. 8/8.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2020 01:46 by weedz.

Date: 16 February, 2020 11:33

Somebody stop me from being excited and optimistic. I'm feeling a bit better so I'll be able to get up and watch the match. I could barely open my eyes yesterday.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 11:52

Quote:
goonerred
Somebody stop me from being excited and optimistic. I'm feeling a bit better so I'll be able to get up and watch the match. I could barely open my eyes yesterday.
15 days of no arsenal can do that. smiling smiley get well soon.

Date: 16 February, 2020 11:59

Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
goonerred
15 days of no arsenal can do that. smiling smiley get well soon.
Thanks, I'm on the mend I think. I have a bad cold or 'flu, those symptoms. I had a day in bed yesterday but I couldn't read my book, I couldn't bare the light on my eyes, it was awful. I've also missed gym and I should be running today. Never mind, I'll be back on it in a few days.

Date: 16 February, 2020 14:15

Villa 1 Spurs 0. The race is on for that top 5 finish!!!!

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net