Arsenal's Wages.
Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 22:53

Sporting Intelligence have published the global sports salaries survey for 2019.

[www.football.london]

Rank // Club // Average annual pay

1 // Manchester City // £6,987,500

2 // Manchester United // £6,125,600

3 // Liverpool // £5,537,600

4 // Arsenal // £4,790,240

5 // Chelsea // £4,774,000

6 // Everton // £4,101,760

7 // Tottenham Hotspur // £3,961,043

8 // Leicester City // £3,352,960

9 // West Ham // £3,022,240

10 // Crystal Palace // £2,887,500

11 // Southampton // £2,299,440

12 // Wolves // £2,197,565

13 // Newcastle // £2,086,240

14 // Watford // £2,025,111

15 // Aston Villa // £1,965,600

16 // Bournemouth // £1,917,760

17 // Burnley // £1,915,333

18 // Brighton // £1,805,304

19 // Norwich City // £991,000

20 // Sheffield United // £728,000

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Arsenal's Wages.
Posted by: plonky (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 23:18

You can see why Kroenke may be hesitant about throwing even more money at the club. He is not getting many bangs to the buck at the moment.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 23:22

When a team is several places below teams that have a smaller wages bill its serious mismanagement.
A sign of players not worth they are paid, or the wrong players, or poor motivational skills of manager, or even a combination of two or three of these factors.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 23:39

I think were still paying the price of IGs management.
Merlion lays the blame on RSs leadership on another post, but I suggest that that fire has been going on for much longer.
IMO we've never recovered from missing out on the CL 3 seasons ago. Our club openly state we're paying CL wages and playing in the Euro L.
Too much sitting on the hands and not being pro-active enough from our board in getting our finances in order is more the point.
As for our owner having a reason not to invest? He never was/is going to invest.
Think back to when it all started to fall apart. Exactly the time when SS took control of our club.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Posted by: sinpa01 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 23:39

Jesus they not worth it !! Arsenal not run good...

Posted by: sinpa01 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 23:42

DEADWOOD FC

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 00:07

Quote:
sinpa01
DEADWOOD FC
r
At the moment, you are correct.
I've followed Arsenal thru the 60s, 70s, 80s till now and there have been many occasions when this has been the case.
Part of being a fan is the ups and downs of your club. It makes us all stronger to come thru it and find that oz of glory on the other side. It's why we do it.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Date: 13 February, 2020 09:27

Quote:
weedz
Quote:
sinpa01
DEADWOOD FC
r
At the moment, you are correct.
I've followed Arsenal thru the 60s, 70s, 80s till now and there have been many occasions when this has been the case.
Part of being a fan is the ups and downs of your club. It makes us all stronger to come thru it and find that oz of glory on the other side. It's why we do it.
Absolutely agree, but we are going to have to dig in for quite a while this time, unles the unexpected happens.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 10:10

This I would suggest goes back as far as the move from Highbury.Its a tale of mismanagement and diabolical recruitment allied to the people running the club happy to stagnate whilst all taking fabulous wages.

Under new managment

Posted by: plonky (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 12:48

David Dein.

Shareholder, Director and Arsenal fan on the board. He left and we started our decline.

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 14:35

I hate to blame Wenger again, I think this was his policy, but he used to pay 'social' wages. The kids got too much and the stars got too little compared with other clubs, thus the wage bill was high but along with other reasons, we couldn't keep our best players because the wanted more money in line with other big players.

Date: 13 February, 2020 15:03

Quote:
goonerred
I hate to blame Wenger again, I think this was his policy, but he used to pay 'social' wages. The kids got too much and the stars got too little compared with other clubs, thus the wage bill was high but along with other reasons, we couldn't keep our best players because the wanted more money in line with other big players.

I await Shanes reply. (Sm22)

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 18:21

Why would I disagree with that? Some of our nothing players were on too much money, some of our best players like Monreal were criminally underpaid, and it was down to Wenger. Open and shut case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 18:22 by Shane.

Date: 13 February, 2020 18:43

Quote:
plonky
David Dein.
Shareholder, Director and Arsenal fan on the board. He left and we started our decline.

And then he sold his shares

Date: 15 February, 2020 09:37

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

Did you see the post below? (Insert s friendly stick tongue out. I'm in bed sick and typing from my phone, I can't find any emojis!)

Date: 15 February, 2020 11:11

Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

Did you see the post below? (Insert s friendly stick tongue out. I'm in bed sick and typing from my phone, I can't find any emojis!)

😷😷😷
Get well soon.

Date: 15 February, 2020 11:24

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

😷😷😷

Get well soon.
Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net