Cazorla as Player-Coach for 2 seasons?
Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 03:28

[www.sportsmole.co.uk]

I really don't mind Cazorla returning for 2 seasons as player-coach with the future of Ceballos, Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi uncertainly whether they will sold or decided to leave in summer 2020.

With Joe Willock being so-so and Ozil needed someone solid behind him that can play as an alternative deep-lying playmaker, then Cazorla is the perfect backup who may not demand more playing time and contented to be benchwarmer, playing regularly in cup games and guiding and mentoring all those up-and-coming youngsters.

Face it, we are stuck with Ozil.
An a pragmatic approach is to build a team around Ozil as No. 10 in a free-ranging role between the lines but with a solid "2" in 4-2-3-1 riding shotgun behind Ozil to breakup fast counterattacks and to win balls in midfield battles.

Most interesting to see during this summer who are staying and who are leaving; and what kind of new buys that Arteta will be bringing in to rebuild Arsenal FC.

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Re: Cazorla as Player-Coach for 2 seasons?
Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 05:39

As s coach he's. As a player, it's just not possible anymore in the Premier League

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2020 05:39 by CazOnARola.

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 08:23

Quote:
CazOnARola
As s coach he's. As a player, it's just not possible anymore in the Premier League

Totally agree Caz, but Merl is suggesting your names sake used in cup comps and possibly the Euro comp, which is totally plausible IMO.
I've never met him, but even from the other side of our rock, I can see his passion for our club. And his skill set is still great enough to be playing for Spain last season.
I'm quite sure, with his engaging personality , his pretty good English, his obvious passion and his pure ability, he would be a asset in our present setup.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 08:42

Let's see. I'm totally onboard in terms of bringing him back. He is also extremely professional.. Never once moaned about playing this position or that position. Just wanted to be on the football pitch.

Posted by: djarse (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 11:28

Was playing well enough this season in Spain to have made our first team

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net