Your favourite live match
Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2020 14:51

What was your favourite live at the stadium match. Often, for me, they are the ones when you just see sublime football and are wowed, or you are behind for a long time but win.

Re: Your favourite live match
Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2020 16:44

Mine was at Wembley for the 79 FA Cup Final against Man Utd.
From going from sheer delight after going 2 up and then what the hells happening after they scored twice in a minute or so to equalize towards the end.
And then Alan Sunderland scored in the last minute to win 3 - 2.
It was absolute mayhem.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2020 16:48

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Mine was at Wembley for the 79 FA Cup Final against Man Utd.
From going from sheer delight after going 2 up and then what the hells happening after they scored twice in a minute or so to equalize towards the end.
And then Alan Sunderland scored in the last minute to win 3 - 2.
It was absolute mayhem.
That's brilliant, better than mine. I watched that match on tv.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2020 19:30

Mine was at Highbury end of 1970 season when we beat Anderlecht in the Fairs Cup. We started 3-1 down but won 3-0 to win our first major trophy for 17 years and I had followed them for most of those 17 years. It was brilliant and carthatic and we all ended up on the pitch. The next year we won the double.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2020 20:38

Probably beating Hull 3:2 in the Cup Final, closely followed by Exeter 3 Carlisle 2 in the league 2 play off semi final

Posted by: Lewis_198four (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2020 12:36

Arsenal2-1Barcelona.
Especially as the last time I saw us play Barca live we got smashed 4-1 at Wembley in 1999 champions league group stage

AFC
RULE!

Posted by: Lewis_198four (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2020 12:38

Arsenal vs inter 1995 pre season friendly at Highbury bergkamps first game for us against his old club it was also the first time I saw roberto Carlos live and Paul ince first game for inter
Bloody hell I miss arsenal

AFC
RULE!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net