Current Page: 1 of 2
Arteta cost us this match
Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 22:21

Pepe shouod have started.

What the hell is Arteta trying to do with him. He's at his most confidant since he's been here and Arteta doesn't even use him.

Poor management from Arteta am afraid, especially with Chillwell injured, Pepe wouod have cashed in.

Use Saka as right wing back and be brave ffs!

Re: Arteta cost us this match
Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 22:23

Get a grip, Pepe's wife had a baby, he s not been in for training, plus no doubt some sleepless nights

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Date: 07 July, 2020 22:38

So Pepe who was on the bench couldn't have played 25 minhtes when Saka went off because his wife had a baby?

The bottom line is Arteta cost us this match. He tried to sit on a 1 goal lead with poor defenders who will always let you down.

Arteta has a lot to learn. This was a time to just go for it.

Posted by: Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 22:39

Nonsense. Saka had his man on toast all first half.

Look I know you love complaining. But some games you just have to accept the result.

Probably our best half of football in 1st half all season bar Laca missing that guilt held chance. Red card and we got a draw. It's a shame, but it happens.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 22:56

Exactly Gooner Sod, we could have had three in first half. I also think Eddy was very unlucky to be sent off. Why didnt Vardy get sent of for his foul on Mustafi? Leicester didnt get one yellow, and their goal was dodgy

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 23:09

If Pepe wasn't ready then he wasn't ready. The coaches are in the best position to judge that. But we should have taken aubameyang off as soon as we went down to 10.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 23:21

Gs you come out with some shite.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Date: 07 July, 2020 23:25

And if anyone was to blame it's Nketiah .

Date: 07 July, 2020 23:43

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Gs you come out with some shite.

So you're saying Pepe wouldn't have made no difference?

As soon as we found out Chillwell wasn't playing Pepe should have played.

Anyone who thinks Pepe couldn't have played 25 minutes at his current fitness level and a lack of sleep maybe, doesn't know anything about fitness.

I've ran a half marathon at 6.30 pace on only a few hours of sleep!

Date: 08 July, 2020 00:08

I don't think Pepe would have made any difference.
And obviously Arteta doesn't either.

You want to get more sleep you'll be able to do a full marathon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 00:11 by Boston Gooner.

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 01:24

Chrissake, 3 weeks ago, I would have written off this game.
Ia m happy with a point now.

Get a grip.
Tactics correct, Auba scored and Laca missed.
What more do you expect?

“The transition from defence to build-up must be executed very quickly. The team tactical manpower in the centre of the field(central defenders, midfielders and striker) is of great importance.”
Renus Michels: “Team Building - The Road to Success”

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 08:40

I agree that Nketiah cost us the 3 points - maybe. It was a rash challenge and he's going to get sent off all day for that with VAR. Truth is, our levels had dropped in the second half, with or without the red card, the result may have been the same.

On to the Totts - we really, really have to win this one.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 09:24

Pepe has been a huge waste of money and mainly crap

Under new managment

Date: 08 July, 2020 09:36

Quote:
Bergmars

Posted by: Willy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 10:23

Yeah, Nketiah cost us with naivety - but also Laca with missing chances. For their goal we were too slow to press (Xhaka lack of pace) so allowed a quality cross and then Mustafi/Bellerin were both outwitted by Vardy's movement as pointed out by none other than Ashley Cole. To be fair to Cash he did have a knack of anticipating movement and being there for a last ditch clearance.

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 11:12

Quote:
Bergmars
Sadly, he is not living up to his 70 mil price tag. Do our scouts only watch compilataions on Youtube? I look like Messi if you look at my best clips. All two of 'em.

Posted by: Lewis_198four (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 14:53

There’s no one to blame except the ref and I’m not just saying that
Shocking
Mustafi genuinely looks like he’s been beaten up

AFC
RULE!

Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 18:04

I mean I find this a little bizarre if I'm being honest.

Were it not for Nketiah getting (rightly) sent off, or had Lacazette scored one of those two chances (especially the header), we'd be sat here with 6 points from two league games, which a few weeks ago none of us thought we'd get anything from.

I went to bed right on full time last night. 1-1 but really felt like a defeat after we'd led for so long and after we'd done well for most of the game. Really frustrating/ disappointing and I can totally relate. Important to keep some perspective though. We've made great strides already in such little time under Arteta, and if he is backed in the summer we can go even further beyond.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 03:16

Quote:
MattySadler
I mean I find this a little bizarre if I'm being honest.
Were it not for Nketiah getting (rightly) sent off, or had Lacazette scored one of those two chances (especially the header), we'd be sat here with 6 points from two league games, which a few weeks ago none of us thought we'd get anything from.

I went to bed right on full time last night. 1-1 but really felt like a defeat after we'd led for so long and after we'd done well for most of the game. Really frustrating/ disappointing and I can totally relate. Important to keep some perspective though. We've made great strides already in such little time under Arteta, and if he is backed in the summer we can go even further beyond.
Its not just that, Leicester were slightly conservative but not like they weren't physically up for it as has been the case in most of our good wins in the past 3 years. I have nt seen is move the ball so quickly to the front 3 so then combine with devastating passing (by our standards in the past 5-6 years) to cut a top quality side like that. That wasn't really fulham that we were cutting open in the first half. Look at Saka's fake move and then use his wrong foot to pass it to Auba, sending a top CB in soyuncu almost off balance.

This was the most exciting first half i have seen in a long long time. Results don't matter as long as the process is showing visible improvements. Under wenger we had forgotten how to counter attack. Under emery we could only win with transitions and pushing men up high and using counter attacks. Under Arteta we are able to keep possession, carve chances as well as be direct line we were against leicester and cut teams open. I'm very very excited for the next session.

Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 06:35

Quote:
CazOnARola
Its not just that, Leicester were slightly conservative but not like they weren't physically up for it as has been the case in most of our good wins in the past 3 years. I have nt seen is move the ball so quickly to the front 3 so then combine with devastating passing (by our standards in the past 5-6 years) to cut a top quality side like that. That wasn't really fulham that we were cutting open in the first half. Look at Saka's fake move and then use his wrong foot to pass it to Auba, sending a top CB in soyuncu almost off balance.
This was the most exciting first half i have seen in a long long time. Results don't matter as long as the process is showing visible improvements. Under wenger we had forgotten how to counter attack. Under emery we could only win with transitions and pushing men up high and using counter attacks. Under Arteta we are able to keep possession, carve chances as well as be direct line we were against leicester and cut teams open. I'm very very excited for the next session.

Agreed mate.

My love of Arsenal/ football in general took such a battering over the last few years. I felt the team that Wenger was supposed to be, building, which I believed in strongly, started to go awry and let us down. For me this started in the summer of 2015 when I expected us to sign at least one more outfielder of Ozil and Alexis's ilk, but we didn't. Things have got progressively worse since then.

Under Arteta we're seeing discipline and purpose. No Ozil. Players who want to play for the club and buy into the coaches vision. When was the last time we saw our forward line play like that? Not sure but for some reason the 3-0 against Man United when Alexis, Walcott, Ramsey and Ozil ran riot springs to mind.

Anyway back him in the summer and this can continue.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net