Back him
Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 22:07

I had my doubts, but let's back Arteta to the hills.

Anyone who wins a major competition this early in their managerial career is going places. He's savvy tactically - very much so, actually - but more importantly, the players would go to war for him. Under Emery, they might've gone to war, but they would've just sat in the trenches, taking selfies with their Thompsons or something and accidentally taking the pins out of their grenades, but they're willing to spill their guts on the battlefield for Arteta - and that's a lot of guts.

Beating Liverpool, Manchester City and coming from behind to beat Chelsea in a cup final, is the gutsiest thing I've seen from any Arsenal team in a long time.

Well done Arteta. Well done Arsenal. Back him to the f*cking hills.

Re: Back him
Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 22:14

Agreed mate

Posted by: AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 22:36

Arteta 1st In History of Arsenal To Win The FA Cup as a Captain/Player 2014 & To Win FA Cup as Boss 2020.

Thank you @mikelarteta in spite of inheriting a team at it's lowest totally decimated by Emery, in spite of the disappointments, slip up's and sometimes wrong team selections that cost us, you won us a Trophy ๐Ÿ† in your debut season. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ

Praying the club back him in his transfers.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 00:25

Well said Shane.
Totally agree.
I hope our club backs him as well.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 04:11

Like i said a few days back, it is Arteta and not Aubameyang that we did be worried about losing.

It didn't matter to me if we won the FA cup of not. The guy built his own support team in a week or so from whoever was available to join him midway through a season at a club in crisis. A lot of the squad injured and a lot more not interested.. Captain in the sin bin and removed from captaincy.

Then battled the coronavirus and a few red cards and disasters post restart beat city, pool and now Chelsea.

More importantly has tweaked his formations at least twice depending on his team's strengths and gotten the best out of everyone.

I'm not worried about who we sign as long as we keep auba as i can see how comfortably we are passing out from the back with the same set of players as emery. That alone tells you how solid his teaching and managing methods are.

He will end up at city in 3 years when pep goes.

Posted by: plonky (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 05:59

We are still winning cups as Tottenham's golden era slips onto oblivion.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 06:54

Quote:
Shane
I had my doubts, but let's back Arteta to the hills.
Anyone who wins a major competition this early in their managerial career is going places. He's savvy tactically - very much so, actually - but more importantly, the players would go to war for him. Under Emery, they might've gone to war, but they would've just sat in the trenches, taking selfies with their Thompsons or something and accidentally taking the pins out of their grenades, but they're willing to spill their guts on the battlefield for Arteta - and that's a lot of guts.

Beating Liverpool, Manchester City and coming from behind to beat Chelsea in a cup final, is the gutsiest thing I've seen from any Arsenal team in a long time.

Well done Arteta. Well done Arsenal. Back him to the f*cking hills.

Under new managment

Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 11:37

He'll have identified who he wants to bring in, who he wants to keep and who he wants gone. Get it done!

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 11:48

You have to back a new manager otherwise what do we want? a revolving door for several new managers? He 's doing OK, just getting us to the final was an achievement. Next season and a couple of transfer windows are the time to start judging him. We were in awful mess when he took over, I was surprised he wanted the job, if it had gone wrong, it could have tarnsihed his fledging managerial career. He's won a cup in his first few weeks as manager, that will keep in good stead for a while.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 14:35

Think the fans will totally back him.
Most have since his arrival.
The backing has to come from the board now to provide the money for him.
Board will come out with some shite like we managed to win the cup with these players.
Actually how Arteta has changed some of these players we may not need as many players bought in.
As things stand now the board will feel the fans pressure well before Arteta.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 16:04

Let's not get the hope too high.
De Matteo won the European League Cup in his first season as an interim manager.
Raineri won the title for Leicester City in his first season.

What happened to them in their 2nd season?

We will know how good Arteta is during his 2nd season with one hand tied behind his back by the Board who will not back him with 100 to 150-mil to buy the 2 crucial players value at 40 to 50-mil each.

With lack of major spending, we will know how good Arteta is when he needed to work with existing squad and groove in another 2 to 3 youngsters into 1st team.

Most interesting 2020/21 season with plenty of emotional coaster-roller rides.

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 18:29

Arsenal transfer spending in the last few seasons:

19/20 - ยฃ144m
18/19 - ยฃ72m
17/18 - ยฃ137m
16/17 - ยฃ101m

So I'd expect us to spend in the region of ยฃ100m - ยฃ150m again this summer, depending on who we can sell and how much we can get for them.

[www.transfermarkt.co.uk]

Posted by: no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 06:33

You should probably factor loss of revenue Due to coronavirus. Iโ€™d expect every Prem club to spend significantly less than they would have maybe budgeted to pre CoVID

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 08:13

Quote:
no1 gazza fan
You should probably factor loss of revenue Due to coronavirus. Iโ€™d expect every Prem club to spend significantly less than they would have maybe budgeted to pre CoVID

I think you are right, Arsenal has one of the highest match day revenues in World football, and indeed some of the highest ticket prices. Arsenal, and I assume other clubs, have not yet sold next year's season tickets (20/21) of which there are 40,000. Normally by the end of May that money would be in the bank, now in August they dont even know how many they can sell.
TV revenue has also got to be paid back for the season just ended, about ยฃ25 milion by Arsenal. Being in the Cup Final will help out on that a bit.
Its not a good situation. Some of us warned they would kill the golden goose and we were not agreed with. None of us realised that a pandemic would kill the Goose. I suspect transfer fees are about to drop when the penny does.

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 19:17

Quote:
no1 gazza fan

Hello Mt Gazza Fan, hope youโ€™re keeping well mate.

Totally agree. Everyone needs to be realistic about what can be done. Teams are going to have to get creative in order to generate funds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net