Current Page: 1 of 3
It could be time to Partey (merged thread)
Posted by: Arsenal Times (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 16:41

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2020 18:22 by Padre Pio.

Re: It could be time to Partey
Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 16:49

Xhaka would not be starting in the PL matches even without signing Partey.
I would like to believe we would move him on in Jan and move for Auoar/other targets.

Posted by: younghansolo (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 17:00

Article syndicated on NewsNow. Great for the site.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 17:01

Merge 2 threads.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2020 17:03 by Boston Gooner.

Date: 05 October, 2020 17:05

Have always said Xhaka should never be here anyway after what happened.

Time to Partey
Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 13:15

Deal looks on.

Hopefully this happens and we get another attacker in too.

Keep the kettle on it's going to be a late one!!

Re: Time to Partey
Date: 05 October, 2020 13:33

That's the signing I wanted all along.
With the sacking of Gunnersaurus we need this.

Think there may be another signing maybe a loan or just a squad player.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2020 13:35 by Boston Gooner.

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 13:36

I can't honestly remember seeing him play but he has to be better than the chumps we've got already.

Posted by: Willy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 13:46

Isn't the Partey release clause of 50m euros the same as what Lyon wanted for Aouar?

If we have that much payable upfront, surely we could have got Aouar for that? We were going to them with instalments and swaps, so they say.

I won't pine for Aouar if we sign Partey but the strategy seems confusing. Also the recruitment plan in general given how different the two players are

Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 14:04

Think Arteta is trying to sort us out defensively and then he'll move to attacking areas over the next few windows.

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 14:05

Quote:
Willy
Isn't the Partey release clause of 50m euros the same as what Lyon wanted for Aouar?
If we have that much payable upfront, surely we could have got Aouar for that? We were going to them with instalments and swaps, so they say.

I won't pine for Aouar if we sign Partey but the strategy seems confusing. Also the recruitment plan in general given how different the two players are

With Aouar, it was a negotiation. With Partey it isn't. I suspect they have around £80m available to spend and they know they have to spend £45m on Partey so they were trying to negotiate to get Aouar for £35m. Then once that was agreed they knew they could trigger Partey's release clause. But they couldn't get a deal for Aouar for that price, so they've chosen Partey as the first priority over Aouar. Personally, I've said all along that I don't think we could get the best out of a player like Aouar, without having a player like Partey behind him, so i do agree that if we can't get both, we should prioritise partey.

On the recruitment strategy, Partey is the replacement for Torriera, Elneny is the replacement for Guendouzi. Aouar would have been the replacement for Ozil, so I expect we'll be back in for him next summer when Ozil is no longer at the club, or in January if we can get him off the wage bill 6 months early

all speculation of course, but I refuse to believe we will make 0 marquee signings this window.

Posted by: TheReMarkable (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 14:09

Quote:
Boston Gooner

Signing I wanted too and yep agreed!

Posted by: TheReMarkable (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 14:11

Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
Willy

With Aouar, it was a negotiation. With Partey it isn't. I suspect they have around £80m available to spend and they know they have to spend £45m on Partey so they were trying to negotiate to get Aouar for £35m. Then once that was agreed they knew they could trigger Partey's release clause. But they couldn't get a deal for Aouar for that price, so they've chosen Partey as the first priority over Aouar. Personally, I've said all along that I don't think we could get the best out of a player like Aouar, without having a player like Partey behind him, so i do agree that if we can't get both, we should prioritise partey.

On the recruitment strategy, Partey is the replacement for Torriera, Elneny is the replacement for Guendouzi. Aouar would have been the replacement for Ozil, so I expect we'll be back in for him next summer when Ozil is no longer at the club, or in January if we can get him off the wage bill 6 months early

all speculation of course, but I refuse to believe we will make 0 marquee signings this window.

Maybe re back in for Auour. He could have also missed his opportunity to move like Nabil Fekir and a few others. He won’t have champs league this year. I think he was silly not to push for it

Date: 05 October, 2020 14:24

Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
Willy

This is sounds logical. I said the same thing on my Partey thread. Although Partey also not change as much without an Auoar. You beg both to get the best out of each other. But Partey can still play in the current formation, while Auoar would have to be pushed to the wings. He will certainly not agree to playing like Saka who is a play maker in possesion but a left back while defending.

If we get only Partey, it might be a blessing in disguise. Saka is absolutely capable to make that step up, it's just a question of application and time.

It looks like he will get a lot of game time in that role, so Saka may well be a completely different player in 7 months time.

Date: 05 October, 2020 14:25

If PArtey allows us to play an extra attacker\midfielder then fantastic. Rewatch the first goal, who was breaking into the box for the first goal? Super Mo. Sometimes you need to get extra bodies into the box. Create a bit of confusion.

Date: 05 October, 2020 14:31

Quote:
Flava
If PArtey allows us to play an extra attacker\midfielder then fantastic. Rewatch the first goal, who was breaking into the box for the first goal? Super Mo. Sometimes you need to get extra bodies into the box. Create a bit of confusion.
He did that vs fulham as well. He was involved in all 3 goals. You can rewatch the match of if you want and see who is directing players to switch wings. It's easy for us to do it from our Tv sets cause we get the whole picture, but elneny was doing that all game. He has his limitations passing and shooting wise, but he has a much better football brain than most players currently at the club including xhaka and Ceballos.

Date: 05 October, 2020 14:58

[mobile.twitter.com]

The Ornacle saying we will activate the release clause. Now it's all about the Partey camp. I'm hoping we had the wages etc worked out already. This would be a big signing. He can start along side Ceballos. When you add Saka and willian on left in possession, that's a decent midfield.

Posted by: Jonny Bravo (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2020 15:07

Some good points being made about the relationship between the Partey and Aouar deals.
We knew from the start what it would require to get Partey and how such a deal would need to be paid upfront, where as Rob said, the Aouar deal was a negotiation, albeit it with one of the biggest transfer hard asses in world football.

Whether we had the cash to both deals, even with the payments for Aouar spread out, I am not so sure. Surely the inability to attract interest in and generate concrete transfer fees now for the likes of Torreira and Guendouzi, has hampered what we could have done in this window.

It may well have been the case that Aouar was Arteta's main target given our lack of creativity in the final 3rd, apparently we offered £32m plus Guendouzi, but Aulas wanted closer to €50m. Same price as we would have to pay for Partey, but it I suppose it comes down to what the Arsenal's valuation of Aouar is and how difficult it would be to get that deal done with the clock ticking.

Date: 05 October, 2020 15:10

Quote:
Boston Gooner

This is win win for me and GS. If he's fantastic Arsenal get a superb central midfielder and if he's rubbish we get to go on and on and on and on and on and on at how we overpaid for him and how we don't rate him.

Please let this signing happen.

PS Did I mention Ollie Watkins scored a hat trick against the Champions (Sm122)

Date: 05 October, 2020 15:32

Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Boston Gooner

This is win win for me and GS. If he's fantastic Arsenal get a superb central midfielder and if he's rubbish we get to go on and on and on and on and on and on at how we overpaid for him and how we don't rate him.

Please let this signing happen.

PS Did I mention Ollie Watkins scored a hat trick against the Champions (Sm122)

You 2 Getting nice and cosy~ ❓

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net