Ratings V City
Posted by: TheReMarkable (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 18:33

Leno 5 - should have done better on the goal but did make some good saves and I thought his distribution was better today.

Bellerin 4.5 - very disappointing going forward and terrible defending for the goal.
Luiz 6 - almost put it in his own net but lead us well throughout I thought. Never shys aways from responsibilities which I like. I think he was a better option to holding to be honest.
Gabriel 6 - looks like he’s being playing for us for years. Delighted we signed him. He has to be one of the first names on the team sheet each week.
Tierney 5 - Mahrez had the beating of him all game when he was 1v1. He also needs to get better at playing out. Too much booting it upfield.

Xhaka 6 - actually thought he played well. Seemed more mobile than normal.
Ceballos 6 - also thought he played well. One of our better players on the night.
Saka 6.5 - our best player by a mile. Gabriel second best player on the night. Should have scored but the keeper got lucky with the save too to be fair.

Pepe 5 - poor, so disappointing. You can see the ability but it just doesn’t materialize.
Auba 5 - very poor I thought and he’s my fav player. Was missing today big time. Head went down anytime we missed a chance which wasn’t great to see.
Willian 5 poor. Some bad corners. He also doesn’t really look to go past players. I always thought he did this at Chelsea? Maybe I was wrong.

Subs gave us nothing and we’re way too late anyway. Hugely frustrating as Padre said we always seem to be the team who gives teams a goal when they are in bad form or give them a clean sheet when they need it. How can Leicester score 5 against them and we look so toothless in attack? I said pre game I don’t want to lose 3 nil but losing one nil almost felt worse as how do you not really try going for it at some stage to get a point?

As I said pre game, I don’t care if we lose here as long as we win the games we should be winning. I still don’t see why we can’t shoot for top 4. Only thing is if others are beating Liverpool and City, this might change the dynamic. Leicester next week feels like a huge game.

Re: Ratings V City
Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 18:45

4 of our first 6 away games are against Liverpool, City, utd and spurs. That's tough for anyone, especially a team that doesn't have a good record in away games against the big 6. Hopefully we'll come on strong in the second half of the season

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 18:48

1:0 is better than we usually do and we did nullify them for long periods

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 18:52

Fien margins in that game.

Saka and auba both had excellent chances saved by Ederson. If one of those goes in, it's a different game. foden had an excellent chance saved by Leno and other than that, there weren't that many good chances for either team. Could have been 1-1 on another day. We should take the positives from that performance

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 18:59

My problem was that we lacked any kind of game plan going forward. Nobody knew what they were doing and ppl are passing on the wrong lanes. Xhaka playing passes back to defenders 90% of the time didn't help either.
We have played badly against low blocks, but this time we lacked any kind of ideas to beat the city press in the first half.

Is not about driving signing Auoar either, the team looked disjointed, there weren't enough off the ball runs to create triangles. Laboured performance. Not having elneny was a pbm for me.

We had 0 ball winners on the field in the front 5. That never seems to work imho. Without Lacazette and Elneny, we hardly won any balls to catch them in transition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2020 03:36 by CazOnARola.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 20:06

Poor performance today.
Not sure what Arteta was trying to achieve.

Leno messed up again.
Tierney can't defend.
Saka best player again.
Upfront was bloody poor. Not one of them capable of holding the ball up. Couldn't go past players.
Lacca may be slow but you need him upfront unless we get someone else.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 20:40 by Boston Gooner.

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 20:29

We were not on point tonight.
Tactically we were forced to play too narrow, which took away our pace out wide and prevented much in the way of short sharp passing in the MF.
Our MF were well short in the transition because they had little room in which to pass and no one was willing enough, apart from Saka, to drive thru with the ball. No box to box play, just long balls.
Leno and Bellerin were both at fault for the goal.
On a positive note, we were more competitive and better defensively than what we have been when visiting the Etihad in recent times. It’s good to see Tierney back at FB.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Posted by: djarse (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 08:53

Thought Saka was easily our best player

Luiz and Gabriel good too

Rest all petty average

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net