Torreira makes debut.
Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 15:40

Athletic Madrid won 2 nil.

Torreira was named in the starting line-up for the game and partnered Koke in central midfield, with Angel Correa and Thomas Lemar in the wide positions in a 4-4-2 formation.

It was a decent performance for the Gunners loanee, who was given a 7.4 rating by Whoscored.
Best marks for outfield player.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Torreira makes debut.
Posted by: TheReMarkable (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 15:51

I watched bits of the game. He looked good, which I expected. He’s very suited to that simeone system. If they start to tick a bit better in the final third which they should do when Joao Felix and Suarez starting playing together then I expect them to win la Liga.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 15:58

Quote:
TheReMarkable
I watched bits of the game. He looked good, which I expected. He’s very suited to that simeone system. If they start to tick a bit better in the final third which they should do when Joao Felix and Suarez starting playing together then I expect them to win la Liga.

Good day for them yesterday with Barcelona and Real slipping up.
On another note he can make a debut after very little football and Thomas can't.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Posted by: TheReMarkable (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 17:20

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
TheReMarkable

Good day for them yesterday with Barcelona and Real slipping up.
On another note he can make a debut after very little football and Thomas can't.

Yep good point. We always seem to overprotect players.

Posted by: mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 20:07

Torreira's lack of height puts him at a disadvantage in the EPL where the ball is in the air more often than in La Liga. He will do very well in AM and Edu should be asking for a hefty transfer fee for him at the end of the season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net