Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Match 8 Discussion: Aldershot (A)
Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 15:51

It was always going to happen, takes a bit of the pressure off. Today was always going to be hard, just look at the predictions.

No need to go into melt down.

Although you have to ask why a defensive midfielder was replaced for a winger?

We pick ourselves up again and move on as a team.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 15:51

Never change a winning side unless it is a struggling winning side.The defeat is no surprise after the last couple of games.Is this just a brief dip or have early results been the typical early season freak? September could be a defining month for us

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 15:56

Quote:
DevonExile
Never change a winning side unless it is a struggling winning side.The defeat is no surprise after the last couple of games.Is this just a brief dip or have early results been the typical early season freak? September could be a defining month for us
not an early season freak for me, simply the fact we've had the rub of the green with a couple of late winners and mostly played sides that have no intention of attacking us. No suprise for me this. I personally think we are in trouble and all the signs have been there from the games I have watched at PP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 15:57 by 2 the moon.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 15:58

Quote:
Deadly Submarine
Never change a winning team. I Always say it and stick by it now.
No coincidence that today happened after the change in starting XI for me.

To a team that could only get a draw at southport. That told us everything we needed to know, but then again I am stupid because I beleave we need to score more goals are according to you.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 15:58

we need to bounce back next week vs Lincoln.. about to watch torquay v Lincoln soon.

Posted by: bumhobo33 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 15:59

The next 3 games will tell a lot about our actual chances this year. Easy to see this one coming unfortunately...need to respond as a team. And for f--ks sake can we score some damn goals!

Posted by: LongTimeRover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 16:00

Rubbish. Last 2 games awful we need to add more depth in midfield LB snd RB simply not good enough and a wake up call to all who think we'll @#$%& this league

Posted by: TT Admin (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 16:02

Haha one defeat and the meltdown begins! We played well today st times but just wasn't to be!

To one end the defeat takes off the pressure of the winning run and we can now go again. It should also give our fans who gain thought we might walk it that perhaps we won't!

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 16:04

I don't understand the logic of switching to 2 wingers away from home against a strong side. To me this was a game tailor made for the way we have been setting up.

Date: 03 September, 2016 16:05

Why shouldn't we walk the league? Is that not a positive.

Date: 03 September, 2016 16:05

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
I don't understand the logic of switching to 2 wingers away from home against a strong side. To me this was a game tailor made for the way we have been setting up.

Don't worry Doogie at least certain groups of fans will have been pleased we went with width at least. Look where that got us though!

Date: 03 September, 2016 16:07

Quote:
aktrfc
Why shouldn't we walk the league? Is that not a positive.

I didn't say we shouldn't I'm saying it's reality that we won't necessarily do so and maybe now people
Will realise it's going to be a battle not a walkover which I've been saying for weeks!

Date: 03 September, 2016 16:08

Wasn't there, but Wirral fm said Mekki was playing down the middle? Not a big fan of him, but the kids love him

Posted by: AccountLogicsllDeleted (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 16:10

Quote:
LongTimeRover
Rubbish. Last 2 games awful we need to add more depth in midfield LB snd RB simply not good enough and a wake up call to all who think we'll @#$%& this league
oh, for heaven's sake. Alder shot are now 3rd so hardly a bad team. I would have thought a long time rover would have more patience , I have been following them for over 50 years. Still, there are a lot on here who aren't happy unless complaining. Note the lack of posts on the manager of month thread.....

Date: 03 September, 2016 16:10

Quote:
aktrfc
Wasn't there, but Wirral fm said Mekki was playing down the middle? Not a big fan of him, but the kids love him

A bit of both I think to be honest.

Date: 03 September, 2016 16:16

Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
LongTimeRover
oh, for heaven's sake. Alder shot are now 3rd so hardly a bad team. I would have thought a long time rover would have more patience , I have been following them for over 50 years. Still, there are a lot on here who aren't happy unless complaining. Note the lack of posts on the manager of month thread.....

Careful, that might be construed as bashing the negative posters. Can't have that!! I've been on this forum since its early days. It has always been far more busy when we lose than when we win.

Date: 03 September, 2016 16:18

Quote:
Deadly Submarine
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost

Don't worry Doogie at least certain groups of fans will have been pleased we went with width at least. Look where that got us though!

Exactly where I suspected it would Sub.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 16:19

At last a reality check. I actually think this was needed to put things in to some perspective and that we are not invincible. Our recent performances have not been exceptional and a result like this was always possible against a side who wanted to win and wanted to win well; no sitting back after the second goal and no parking the bus. Some lessons to be learnt as some have already alluded to. Aldershot in third place and deservedly so; three goals, what's that like? Not the end of the world but we must regroup quickly as Lincoln next week is another tough game. With Forest Green flying at the moment I think we need another good run of wins to keep it competitive for top spot. On a humane level, good to see Scott Rendell playing again(and scoring, damn it!) after his season ending injury against us last season when playing for Woking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 22:20 by Phil65.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 16:22

Changed too much for this one and unsettled the team against half decent opposition.

Referee didn't help the situation and we've been pretty poor the last few games ( Southport & Guisely ) .

We've been lucky up until today, but we got found out big time!

Time to reflect on the last 3 performances and sort things out while we're still in a strong position.

We were always there to be shot at, but Aldershot have done to us what we should have done to Southport and Guiseley.

Let's hope the players are hurting and they give the 300+ supporters who made the long journey something to cheer about in the next match?

Bad result, but not a disaster yet!

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2016 16:25

We haven't been good the last 3 games, We have had a few hairy moments in games we won too. We have gotthe best set of players in the division but it means nothing if they aren't lead properly or properly used. This is the test of the coachingbstaff now and the manger, 3 poor showings if we go on another drop of form like last season off the back of this defeat then things have to change at the top, if its simply a defeat and we can move on great.

Current Page: 3 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net