Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Next Up: FC Halifax Town (H)
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 15:53

have just viewed the 8 min highlights of the Halifax game on you tube. I could only see 8 mins but we seemed to play some decent stuff. nice build up play to norwoods first goal and great run n goal from DMH, reminiscent of Michael owen, burst of energy , quick into the box and great finish.

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 16:42

Funny old game. Looked like we were going to score at will whilst Norwood was on the field. After that it went a bit flat. The Cole goal was key, and DMH's finish the icing on the cake. Great to see 4 goals but we have played better and lost.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 17:28

Quote:
roger mellie
Funny old game. Looked like we were going to score at will whilst Norwood was on the field. After that it went a bit flat. The Cole goal was key, and DMH's finish the icing on the cake. Great to see 4 goals but we have played better and lost.

+1

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 00:09

Quote:
roger mellie
Funny old game. Looked like we were going to score at will whilst Norwood was on the field.

Interestingly though, having looked at those highlights and seeing one of Norwood's goals again, I noticed that I think after the second one he leaned over towards a Halifax player who was lying on the ground and then grimaced and fist pumped in his face, which I felt was a tad unprofessional, considering it looked like their player was suffering brief moment or two of pain.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 12:47

Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
roger mellie
Funny old game. Looked like we were going to score at will whilst Norwood was on the field.

Interestingly though, having looked at those highlights and seeing one of Norwood's goals again, I noticed that I think after the second one he leaned over towards a Halifax player who was lying on the ground and then grimaced and fist pumped in his face, which I felt was a tad unprofessional, considering it looked like their player was suffering brief moment or two of pain.

I had to read that twice as I thought you said he pumped (farted) in his face lmao!

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2017 00:09

That would have been adding insult to injury. The guy's lying on the ground feeling a bit the worse for wear and then he gets dealt a sly toot right up his hooter.

He might have tried to claim a foul for that.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2017 17:23

Norwood's reaction might have been a consequence of a cynical foul on him a little earlier. There were also a few verbals taking place so his celebration could well have been a release of frustration built up from this. I think they were relieved to see Norwood go off as he was creating havoc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 19:05 by Phil65.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2017 18:09

Quote:
Phil65
Norwood's reaction might have been a consequence of a cynical foul on him a little earlier. There were also a few verbals taking place so his celebration could well have been a release of frustration built up from this. I think they were relived to see Norwood go off as he was creating havoc.

Didn't the Halifax captain say after the cup tie that Tranmere were ''nothing special'' or words to that effect? Maybe Norwood was querying those remarks.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net