2019-20 Season Preview
Posted by: Sapra (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2019 00:41

Hi, I have written a preview for the 2019-20 season at Football League FC please give it a quick read and have a nice day.

Re: 2019-20 Season Preview
Posted by: Gunslinger (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2019 05:46

If you are indeed the author, I think you have to be very careful what you write:
1.Quote: "As you can see from the above-attached file, owners have pumped in close to £9.5 million into the club." You evidently don't know how to read a summary balance sheet. The company's called-up share capital simply increased by £500K between 2017 to 2018 from £4.5M to £5.0M, meaning an additional £500K was injected into the club.
Quote: "To give further clarity to the situation". What a joke (apologies for my sarcasm) - it seems that you have taken isolated sources of documentation and bundled them together (deliberate scare-mongering?). Section B1 is simply a statement of share capital (10 million shares, each with a nominal/par value of 50 pence = £5 million share capital).
Quote: "The second investment...". How do you arrive at that conclusion? You have simply sourced or used a piece of information, as of 1 May 2018, showing that Mark and Nicola hold a (just under) £4.9 million stake in the club.
Next paragraph. Quote: "never a bad sign", "never a good sign". Such naive, non-contextual statements are the epitome of poor journalism. It's like saying "I eat an orange a day so I'm really healthy and I eat 3 Mars bars a week so I'm really unhealthy"!
And then, next paragraph, you naively and confusingly bundle together three years of solidarity payments into a short paragraph. Remember that you are attempting to discuss the financial aspects of the club. Each financial year should be treated separately and a clear comparison made from one year to the next.
Moving on very briefly to the footballing section. Some interesting facts that we all knew from Wiki but your interpretation is risible. The following comment about George Ray is ludicrous: "He was an integral part of the way Crewe Alexandra way of football, meaning he can pass the ball from the back and make runs carrying the ball forward." How can you make such an assumption? (hope you're right by the way!).
In conclusion, this is really naive and, in the financial section, misleading journalism. Given the literary style employed, you are clearly not a Rovers fan. Are you trying to make a bob or two on the back of your 'knowledge' of the club?
Enough said.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2019 17:28

Bloody hell gunslinger if I need an accountant I will be in touch 👍😁👍

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2019 17:51

I enjoyed reading it,

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2019 19:29

effing heck gunslinger.

"But apart from the assassination of your husband, Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?"

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2019 04:12

Well that’s told me, quite what I’m 🤔

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net