joey barton in trouble again
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 11:39

I see bad boy joey barton has been charged by the football league today with sticking one on the Barnsley manager Daniel stendel at the end of their league match at oakwell a couple of months ago. its about time he got a long ban as we do not want his type in football. I see amir khan is trying to fix up a fight with manny pacquiao in a few months. maybe instead the 2 north west stars could fix up a fight together to see who would come out on top.

Re: joey barton in trouble again
Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 11:51

He wasn't a bad player, he isn't a bad manager, unfortunately he is pretty bad as being a human.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 12:07

That news certainly doesnt come as any surprise...He is a thug, PERIOD.

Date: 17 July, 2019 12:32

hong kong rover - 100 per cent correct. if you think about it - how on earth can Fleetwood town go from micky mellon to joey barton- it does not make any sense. if you want a manager who will get you promotion you choose micky mellon, if you want a manager who will ruin the reputation of your club you choose joey barton. Fleetwood town made a massive mistake getting rid of micky mellon. their loss is our gain.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 12:48

He has been charged with actual bodily harm and I believe the Barnsley manager lost a couple of teeth in the incident..you just simply cannot do that..Shame on Barton and if the Fleetwood chairman continues to employ him after this latest episode then shame on him too.

Date: 17 July, 2019 13:38

over the years there has been some very good scouse boxers so why does joey barton not retire and change to being a boxer. do not forget - a few years ago footballer Curtis woodhouse retired and became a boxer so why not barton. I just wonder what weight he would be in boxing.

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 15:18

Joey Barton is a thug always has been always will be .a nasty piece of work who should never be allowed near a football club .I hope they throw the book at him and lock him away .

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 16:03

He has previously and if found guilty this time, surely a custodial sentence will follow no suspended sentence this time.

Fleetwood, you would have thought, will then have no option but, to terminate his contract for gross misconduct?

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2019 16:30

Think he’s made of Teflon nothing sticks in any other walk of life he’d have been f****d a long time ago 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net