football league - slow response
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 08:01

when it comes to the football league etc punishing teams I have always thought that they are very slow in coming to their final decisions. even though the teams involved are bury fc and Bolton wanderers I would say this even if those two teams were not involved. last week Bolton wanderers called off their home match v Doncaster rovers behind the backs of the football league and we have not even heard a squeak from the league in order to find out what the punishment will be. how long does it take. Bolton should of got their punishment within 48 hours- plus when is this match going to be played. going onto bury fc- I know they have not called off any matches ( it was the league who called off all their games) but that was only because they had no Wonga. so what is their punishment going to be. again - they will now have to find space in the season to play the 5 matches that have been called off because one of them is v Tranmere at prenton park. the football league should have the balls to make a stand and give their punishment within 48 hours.

Re: football league - slow response
Posted by: GeordieRover (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 10:46

Imagine the final day if the season. Bury and Bolton both getting reprieves and the bottom 5

Tranmere 38 pts
Bury 36 pts
Bolton 36 pts
Xxx relegated
Xxx relegated

Tranmere go 1 down, bury and bolton both ahead. Norwood has just scored a hat-trick to guarantee Ipswich promotion.

How would you feel about the EFL?

Posted by: paulbyron (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 10:46

to be fair baldy one the league may be waiting until those takeovers do/don,t take place before deciding what if any further punishment will be handed down for not fulfilling their fixtures we wait and see

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 12:05

Sure i read somewhere that punishment will be delayed as an extra ‘X’ amount of points deducted make the clubs a less attractive purchase. Surely the buyers know its in the pipeline though?

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 12:08

I don’t think that this situation would be tolerated in, for example, the Premier League. Both Bolton & Bury are undermining the integrity of the competition. There are also dangerous precedents being set where any club, faced with expulsion, could argue that they need to be shown the same leniency as both clubs have now. This means that we could see this kind of thing more often in the future.

Drinking sessions in breweries spring to mind and the lack thereof of organisational skills on the part of EFL.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 13:13

Quote:
Uptonrover
Sure i read somewhere that punishment will be delayed as an extra ‘X’ amount of points deducted make the clubs a less attractive purchase. Surely the buyers know its in the pipeline though?

The point about being a less attractive purchase was in connection with Bolton's decision whether to postpone both our game and the Doncaster game. The point being that a postponement would incur a penalty that might deter a buyer.

The reason the disciplinaries with Bolton and Bury haven't taken place yet is because neither club is yet assured of continued membership of the EFL or even their existence. Not much point in incurring all the cost and time of holding a disciplinary of it all turned out to be academic. If and when either club is saved then they'll get their punishments.

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 15:47

The punishment should be that both teams will be relagated to league two next season. .by deducting them a further 20 points from Tuesday if the survive .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/08/2019 15:49 by gary anderson.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 26 August, 2019 11:31

this is just a big matter of fate that the 2 clubs in dire straights are our big local rivals Bolton wanderers and bury fc. i do not want to slag them both off again because i have done that many times already but we all now know that Tuesday august 27th 2019 at 5.00pm is the cut off point for both teams. the football league cannot now grant any more extensions in order to sort this out. it has gone on far to long and it is spoiling league 1. we all say to Bolton wanderers and bury fc - GET IT SORTED OR GET OUT OF LEAGUE 1.

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 26 August, 2019 11:49

You’re dead macho you baldy one! I’d hate to push into you in the ‘baskets only’ line at Morrison’s 😁😁😁

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/08/2019 11:49 by Zint.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net