Current Page: 1 of 3
Andy cook ....bring him back
Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2019 18:05

I would bring him back soon as we can....i know he is out injured now but we need him

Re: Andy cook ....bring him back
Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2019 19:42

Told ya he wont come back. He was well hacked off at being dropped for Stockton then alabi .....

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2019 20:57

We cant afford his wages anymore than we can afford Sergio Augero’s

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2019 20:58

Anything is possible and we have investors to back us

Date: 14 September, 2019 21:07

Quote:
trfc-boi
Anything is possible and we have investors to back us

I invested 100 pounds last week in premium
Bonds.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2019 21:28

Quote:
the kav
Told ya he wont come back. He was well hacked off at being dropped for Stockton then alabi .....

If he's carrying a grudge over something as petty as that then we're well rid. And, even though Mellon did get arguably the best football of his career out of him, that was in non-league.

Changing tack, Norwood missed two one on ones today. Now if he can just add a couple of own goals to his repertoire we might get something down there in a fortnight...

Date: 14 September, 2019 21:34

I would have him back in a heartbeat....better than what we have now ....if ferrier is in and out with injuries too

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2019 22:38

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
the kav

If he's carrying a grudge over something as petty as that then we're well rid. And, even though Mellon did get arguably the best football of his career out of him, that was in non-league.

To be honest though, it is irrelevant really what grudge(s) he may still hold from his time at Tranmere and whether they may seem legitimate or silly; however I would expect Tranmere to have more spending power in league one than Walsall have in league 2, even without a modest budget top-up, because Walsall are not backed by Russian oligarchs and Saudi royals, but it wouldn't matter if Tranmere offered Cook 20% or 30% more to come back at the first opportunity, because if Cook retains grudges with Mellon, Mellon would have to leave, die or be sacked for Cook to consider coming back, but if the grudge(s) extend to the owners they would need to sell up or die for him to consider it.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 14 September, 2019 22:48

Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
the kav

To be honest though, it is irrelevant really what grudge(s) he may still hold from his time at Tranmere and whether they may seem legitimate or silly; however I would expect Tranmere to have more spending power in league one than Walsall have in league 2, even without a modest budget top-up, because Walsall are not backed by Russian oligarchs and Saudi royals, but it wouldn't matter if Tranmere offered Cook 20% or 30% more to come back at the first opportunity, because if Cook retains grudges with Mellon, Mellon would have to leave, die or be sacked for Cook to consider coming back, but if the grudge(s) extend to the owners they would need to sell up or die for him to consider it.

Hes playing for Mansfield Matt,

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2019 22:50

It's irrelevant because we've moved on as a club and, for me, he doesn't fit the profile of what we need in L1. Plus he's under contract and I doubt any L1 club would pay a fee to get him out of that.
But fwiw I don't believe he does have a grudge.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2019 23:08

If we were going to bring him back it would have been instead of Ferrier. Will not happen

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 00:03

Not a chance in a million years. Cook when he left was never going to come back - his fault/ MM's fault does not matter either way....

Date: 15 September, 2019 10:24

Im sorry but without goals wer gona get relegated

Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 12:55

I would look at building from the back first. Full-backs who can defend and shut out teams. And then put a rod of iron through the midfield. We need draws and 1-0 wins. Fix the defence and midfield

Date: 15 September, 2019 16:00

Wer are our goals gona come from ?

Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 16:26

I'd rather a steady and reliable full-back to stem the goals we are conceding. He doesn't have to get forward, be a brilliant crosser of the ball, just someone who can sure up the defence. It's pointless our scoring goals if they're only going to serve as consolation goals as we get trounced each and every game because we can't even have a workable full-back. No tricks, no fancy balls, just boring and workmanlike at the back. Maybe someone who can pass the ball in midfield. The goals would inevitably come just through shutting the back door.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 16:38

Quote:
goosed
Wer are our goals gona come from ?

We’ve scored more goals than we’ve played, albeit half in one game but the record still stands.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 18:28

The Bolton game distorts all the figures. Take it out of the equation and our record is poor with a lack of strike power and some poor defending.Sadly it adds up to a poor team.It may only be six real games gone but our fixtures have included sides like Gillingham and Rochdale at home, as likely as any games over the season to give you points.
Signings have been at best ordinary and I am pushed to identify any that strengthen the team over that which finished last season.. I do not think it an either a defender or a Foward signing scenario we need additions in both area.

Posted by: mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 20:14

we have enough talent up front, but no settled team.

it's the defence that is the worry, but again, no settled team

that will come.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 20:39

Quote:
DevonExile
Signings have been at best ordinary and I am pushed to identify any that strengthen the team over that which finished last season..

However when you lose a very potent striker that you cannot replace too easily owing to mild budgeting, you could bring in players, some of which offer an improvement over others, but if that improvement isn't equal to or better than the benefit of the lost player that team goes backwards.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net