Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Melon on the brink?
Posted by: Tranman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 10:36

Quote:
Tranman
Three reasons why the answer may be yes. Very poor Summer recruitment (again). Team selection all over the place. (Including too many favourites). Thoroughly repetitive and boring interviews. (Totally uninspiring If that's how he talks to the players).

OK, he may not be on the brink but is there any argument about the three points I have made?

PS. Apologies to Micky, his name is Mellon.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 10:42

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2019 10:43 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 10:45

Quote:
Tranman
Quote:
Tranman
Three reasons why the answer may be yes. Very poor Summer recruitment (again). Team selection all over the place. (Including too many favourites). Thoroughly repetitive and boring interviews. (Totally uninspiring If that's how he talks to the players).

OK, he may not be on the brink but is there any argument about the three points I have made?

No.

Team selection is all over the place due to injuries
Interviews don’t win matches (and compared to Micky Adams he’s a poet)
Summer recruitment reflects the financial position we are in.

Date: 15 September, 2019 10:52

Mellon's interview on the Oxford defeat is a prime example of his uninspiring and repetitive style and there is no self blame apparent.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 10:58

As I've said before I support him till end of season however Shrewsbury comments that he was out of his depth at league 1 level scare me to death

Date: 15 September, 2019 11:19

Quote:
Zint
Quote:
Tranman
Quote:
Tranman

No.

Micky made his point with Banks who changed the Gillingham game, so why was he benched again at Oxford?

Posted by: Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 11:40

We've been in this position before under Mellon (remember Mansfield away) which this game reminded me of. We came good then so why not this season?
We do seem to be suffering from poor reffing decisions and woeful officials, injuries don't help and poor decisions by players in all departments.
As said before here, what's needed is to make ourselves hard to beat for a few games. Maybe go 5 at the back away and a solid 4-4-2 at home. Just stop conceding goals, pick up some points and eak out a few 1-0's.
Where is Jacob Maddox, does anyone know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2019 11:42 by Prenton Pirate.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 11:44

Quote:
Zint
Quote:
Tranman
Quote:
Tranman

No.

Just what happened to the top third budget that was put about what ever league we are in?

Posted by: dnors (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 12:49

Out of his depth or not I haven't seen one realistic suggestion for someone who could replace him, haven't got the budget, simple enough really

Posted by: prentonpete1 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 12:54

What's wrong with Kevin Nolan locally born must be worth considering.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 13:01

tranman - firstly you have spelt micky mellons name wrongly to start your thread. then why on earth have this thread - micky mellon has only been manager for approx. 3 years and we have had 3 trips to Wembley and 2 promotions. what on earth do you want. your thread - mellon on the brink is absolutely laughable. in the past 10 years we have had some of the worst managers ever - rob Edwards, micky adams, john barnes, gary brabin, etc. micky mellon has now got 3 teams promoted - Fleetwood town, shrewsbury town and Tranmere rovers. he knows what it takes to get promoted. at this moment in time micky mellon should stay as manager for at least the end of the season.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 13:16

Quote:
prentonpete1
What's wrong with Kevin Nolan locally born must be worth considering.

For what? We dont have any coaching vacancies and he has retired from football? Head groundman is going i saw but apart from that im stuck

Date: 15 September, 2019 14:42

Quote:
the baldy one
tranman - firstly you have spelt micky mellons name wrongly to start your thread. then why on earth have this thread - micky mellon has only been manager for approx. 3 years and we have had 3 trips to Wembley and 2 promotions. what on earth do you want. your thread - mellon on the brink is absolutely laughable. in the past 10 years we have had some of the worst managers ever - rob Edwards, micky adams, john barnes, gary brabin, etc. micky mellon has now got 3 teams promoted - Fleetwood town, shrewsbury town and Tranmere rovers. he knows what it takes to get promoted. at this moment in time micky mellon should stay as manager for at least the end of the season.

See my post at 10:36

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 17:04

Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Zint
Quote:
Tranman
Quote:
Tranman

No.

Just what happened to the top third budget that was put about what ever league we are in?

It was a political statement to keep fans engaged whilst we were cut adrift in the NL, and now reality has bitten, I'm sure if he was to be interviewed he would regret saying it or phrase it different

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 17:37

The top third budget quote was an aim, an aspiration, an objective, not a promise or a statement of fact. It was - and presumably still is - part and parcel of his 'back to L1 within five years' vision and longer term vision of a self-sustainable Championship club.

Palios' quote was spot on but obviously there isn't a magic money tree that you just shake when you get a promotion that'll immediately catapult you into the top third payers. That's why at this level we now need external investment to help move us towards these aspirations.

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 18:24

Quote:
Tranman

We don't know what he says to the players. He will speak to the press. To them he will say whatever. I hope he can inspire the players but when doing so he's not doing an interview.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 19:05

Well said baldy .don't often agree with you.the micky bashing is uncalled for keep the faith

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 19:41

loyden 1 - thanks for your comment. there is absolutely no other manager out there at the moment who should be Tranmere manager than micky mellon. he played for us for nearly 5 years so knows exactly was is needed etc. for all the other Tranmere fans I will repeat what I said before- 3 Wembley trips and 2 promotions with micky mellon. also last season we beat mk dons 2-1 at home in a top of the table clash. what fans do not relise is - of course this season is going to be harder for us because the teams in league 1 are of a better standard. keep the faith.

Posted by: mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 20:11

the savvy among us predicted this start.

we lost a huge player in norwood [not the goals, but the style of play his abilities allowed], have had two consecutive promotions and are rebuilding a team.

mellon is someone who adapts. whilst he gets things sorted we have one job: to not be idiots who can't hold our nerve when the going gets tough

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2019 20:11 by mrGr33n13.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2019 20:46

Quote:
the kav
As I've said before I support him till end of season however Shrewsbury comments that he was out of his depth at league 1 level scare me to death

They might have had a point if their board were giving him £5,000+ a week to offer signings, but I don't think that was the case at all.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net