Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Melon on the brink?
Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2019 07:37

How many managers regardless of history, keep their job, if their team is in the relegation zone come Christmas? To retain a manager when you look like you are going down, doesn’t look good on the chairman. Says he happy to go down and isn’t prepared to make changes to avoid it. I really feel for Micky as it’s the club that has put him in this position and not his capabilities as the gaffer. For me, had the investment taken place a few months earlier, then we would be comfortable in mid table now.

Posted by: TimmySoft (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2019 07:51

It’s a difficult transition, there’s a lot of very good teams and players at league 1 level, these are championship clubs in waiting and we can’t sh*t house our way up this league.

4-4-1-1, give Rides some cover down the left, Sit perks in front of the back 4 and let banks move a bit more as he’s the best footballer we have, he may blow hot and cold but he has the best touch in the squad.

Injuries are not helping with squad consistency but that’s something that we have to deal with.

Mickey has done a decent job, we have a side that could compete at this level, but the players need to wise up, sharpen up and regain the tenacity that made us such great fun the last 3 years

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2019 07:56

A MESSAGE TO ALL TRANMERE ROVERS FANS ON HERE WHO WANT TO SHOW MICKY MELLON THE DOOR - PLEASE CALM DOWN. WE HAVE ONLY HAD 7 MATCHES AND YOU ARE ALL OVER REACTING TO THE SITUATION. ITS NOT AS IF WE HAVE PLAYED 40 MATCHES AND NEED TO WIN THE NEXT ONE TO STAY UP. WE NEED TO GET USED TO PLAYING AT A HIGHER STANDARD OF FOOTBALL. MICKY MELLON IS AN EXPERT ON GETTING TEAMS PROMOTED - FLEETWOOD TOWN, SHREWSBURY TOWN AND NOW TRANMERE ROVERS. I WILL ASK ALL THESE TRANMERE ROVERS FANS - WHICH MANAGER DO YOU WANT EITHER SOMEONE LIKE MICKY ADAMS OR MICKY MELLON I REST MY CASE. LEAVE MICKY ALONE TO GET ON WITH HIS JOB OF KEEPING US IN LEAGUE 1.

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2019 08:49

No. He's doing what we had with the resources he has. He got us up last season with (IMO) a mid-table L2 squad at best, leaning heavily on a Championship-quality striker (developed to that level under Micky) to pop up with goals out of nowhere. From there he's had to pretty much rebuild, 13 new players in and we wonder why they haven't gelled after 7 games.

He's brought in plenty of young, quality players (CBT, RHM, Maddox, Wilson, CBJ, Nelson..) that seem to have the quality to really upgrade the team. Ponticelli - are we really calling him a dud after half a game? Yes, MM took a couple of injury-prone older lads but would we have been able to afford an ever-fit Potter or Woods? And we've had some bad luck, Ferrier and Caprice not "injury-prone" players and now we have 3 right-backs unavalaible.

Yes, I'm concerned too, very hard to see where any points will come from in the next few cames. But it's way too early to be calling for anyone's head.

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2019 10:06

Quote:
the baldy one
A MESSAGE TO ALL TRANMERE ROVERS FANS ON HERE WHO WANT TO SHOW MICKY MELLON THE DOOR - PLEASE CALM DOWN. WE HAVE ONLY HAD 7 MATCHES AND YOU ARE ALL OVER REACTING TO THE SITUATION. ITS NOT AS IF WE HAVE PLAYED 40 MATCHES AND NEED TO WIN THE NEXT ONE TO STAY UP. WE NEED TO GET USED TO PLAYING AT A HIGHER STANDARD OF FOOTBALL. MICKY MELLON IS AN EXPERT ON GETTING TEAMS PROMOTED - FLEETWOOD TOWN, SHREWSBURY TOWN AND NOW TRANMERE ROVERS. I WILL ASK ALL THESE TRANMERE ROVERS FANS - WHICH MANAGER DO YOU WANT EITHER SOMEONE LIKE MICKY ADAMS OR MICKY MELLON I REST MY CASE. LEAVE MICKY ALONE TO GET ON WITH HIS JOB OF KEEPING US IN LEAGUE 1.

Do you know you can still punctuate stuff in CAPS LOCK? 😁

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2019 10:19

His chair is barely warm, not even approaching being hot yet.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2019 10:28

This time 2 years ago we were 2 points above the relegation zone in the NL.
Just saying...

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2019 14:24

What a ridiculous post tbf

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2019 17:00

Melon on the brink !!on the brink of being an all time adopted birkenhead legend .he gets us he's one of us.

Posted by: Shaumbra (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2019 21:03

Quote:
mrGr33n13
the savvy among us predicted this start.
we lost a huge player in norwood [not the goals, but the style of play his abilities allowed], have had two consecutive promotions and are rebuilding a team.

mellon is someone who adapts. whilst he gets things sorted we have one job: to not be idiots who can't hold our nerve when the going gets tough

+1
well said Mr G

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Posted by: rover87 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2019 21:25

He may not he perfect but I for one couldnt think of anyone better than Micky for us at the moment, after the journey weve been on the last few years no one else could come in and create the same togetherness and team spirit we have shown I remember times when we would go 2 up and lose 3-2 this team doesnt know when its beaten we may still be adapting and learning at this level but i am confident we will find our feet in this league

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2019 21:30

Yes yes yes yes

Posted by: EBAWB (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2019 21:49

Mickey is the man for this job. End of.

Every ball's a white ball

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2019 21:59

Quote:
EBAWB
Mickey is the man for this job. End of.
Yes

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net