southend united - henrik larsson
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2019 10:50

I see the Swedish international legend and ex celtic and man utd striker Henrik Larsson is being linked to be the new manager of league 1 strugglers southend united. can someone please tell me- what on earth does mr Larsson know about southend united fc. I bet he has not even been to the place in his life. from my point of view - if southend united want to stay up they need someone who knows what league 1 is all about. not going for some big time Charlie. if I was a southend fan I would be very concerned.

Re: southend united - henrik larsson
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2019 11:32

Quote:
the baldy one
I see the Swedish international legend and ex celtic and man utd striker Henrik Larsson is being linked to be the new manager of league 1 strugglers southend united. can someone please tell me- what on earth does mr Larsson know about southend united fc. I bet he has not even been to the place in his life. from my point of view - if southend united want to stay up they need someone who knows what league 1 is all about. not going for some big time Charlie. if I was a southend fan I would be very concerned.

Perhaps John Barnes would feel like giving it a go.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2019 13:37

Now your talking Belmont ,zingari League here they come

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2019 18:48

Also down in that area of Essex, I see that the controversial Billericay owner and Essex wide boy Glenn Tamplin has quit as owner of the club...

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 19 September, 2019 05:46

What again that bloke been manager owner chairman and god knows what he quit the club before and went back .left the drug takings in the boardroom safe ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Date: 19 September, 2019 16:27

I see that Southend United have been issued with another winding-up petition, there seems to be quite big financial woes there, could we have another Bury?

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2019 04:36

Quote:
hong kong rover
I see that Southend United have been issued with another winding-up petition, there seems to be quite big financial woes there, could we have another Bury?

If itโ€™s was anything like the Bury debacle, they will still be fighting the EFL this time next century.

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2019 07:13

The winding up order is the fifth in recent times. I wonder if they are considered in isolation or if previous claims are evaluated in the context of those issued in the past?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/09/2019 07:14 by Zint.

Date: 21 September, 2019 15:37

I see I was correct. Henrik larrsson is at sothend uniteds game today watching in the stand. he is due to take over next week.

Date: 23 September, 2019 16:58

I didn't realise that Gary Waddock was Kevin Bonds assistant at Southend, Waddock is caretaker at the moment after Bonds dismissal..Waddock did well to mastermind their 1-0 away win at MK on Saturday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2019 17:08 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2019 19:53

i'm surprised Bond got the job, considering he was exposed a few years ago on a documentary about football corruption, when working with Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth, in being knowledgeable about a pretend bogus football academy.

He got fired from the job he had at Newcastle when the documentary went out, so you could argue his reputation was tainted enough to stop him working in the game again.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 05 October, 2019 08:28

See that Sol Campbell has been interviewed about the Southend job.

Date: 15 October, 2019 17:33

its not going to be Larsson at Southend, talks have collapsed and I don't think Sol Campbell will be going there either..Seems like they are having trouble finding anyone who wants the job..Gary Waddock is currently caretaker and it might be him in charge this Friday night at Prenton..

Date: 16 October, 2019 04:48

what is going on at southend united. after being kept hanging by Henrik larrsson for three weeks and now he has turned his back on them gary waddock is now in caretaker charge. I am confused. how can gary waddock be good enough for league one when he got Aldershot town relegated in the national league last season. I know Aldershot town were allowed to stay in the national league last season even though they were relegated but they still ended up in the bottom 4. so waddock has gone from the bottom 4 in the national league to the bottom 4 in league one. it is crazy.

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 09:21

Is it national โ€˜donโ€™t use capital letters dayโ€™ ? ๐Ÿ˜

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 11:05

Waddock did well at Aldershot-took them to the playoffs twice.Just before last season almost all of their better players left and they had little cash to replace them.

Date: 16 October, 2019 11:18

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Waddock did well at Aldershot-took them to the playoffs twice.Just before last season almost all of their better players left and they had little cash to replace them.

+1..and he had a chronic injury list there last season too..

Posted by: Hampshire White (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 11:25

Spot on Hoots, money issues were also a factor, Gary is a good Manager if he gets the proper support.

Date: 16 October, 2019 16:45

absolutely no way jose. gary waddock a good manager- you must be having a giraffe. if he ever came any were near Tranmere I would not be happy at all. for a start he looks like zeberdee from the magic roundabout. he got Aldershot town promoted and relegated so he is about as much good as a mouldy bakewell tart.

Date: 16 October, 2019 17:01

Quote:
the baldy one
absolutely no way jose. gary waddock a good manager- you must be having a giraffe. if he ever came any were near Tranmere I would not be happy at all. for a start he looks like zeberdee from the magic roundabout. he got Aldershot town promoted and relegated so he is about as much good as a mouldy bakewell tart.

Giraffes, Zeberdee, The Magic Roundabout, Bakewell Tarts????... 'Kin hell Baldy, What the hell are you on? I'm not sure if I want the prescription for that lot!... Gary Waddock is a pretty decent manager and I think currently he has a thankless task on at Southend..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net