Current Page: 1 of 2
FA Cup 2019/2020
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 17:44

See that the draw for the 4th qualifying round has taken place, the next round after that will be the 1st round proper...Without doubt the league is top priority but we shouldn't dismiss this competition, always the chance of a money spinning 3rd round tie with the TV cameras in attendance, just as it was vs Spurs last season...some of the interesting 4th qualifying round games...

York City v Stockport County
Chesterfield v Wrexham
Southport v Altrincham

Tranmere Rovers v York City in the 1st round with Macca to return to Prenton?

Re: FA Cup 2019/2020
Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 19:04

They really need to sort the final qualifying round out. Because it is N/S split you get fixtures like this in the north section and The Dog and Duck vs Saffron Walden Nomads in the south. It doesn't give the north teams an equal chance of making the 1st round proper and potential deprives them of valuable income. Nearly all the big former league clubs are in the north.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 19:42

The northern section of the draw has 14 ties including 11 National League teams. The southern has 18 ties including the other 13 NL teams. Seems fair to me. Size and history of the participants are totally irrelevant and quite right too.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 20:33

Quote:
hong kong rover

That'd be nice. They've signed Elliott Durrell too, who gave us the runaround at our place with Macc the year they won the league.

Date: 08 October, 2019 07:40

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
hong kong rover

That'd be nice. They've signed Elliott Durrell too, who gave us the runaround at our place with Macc the year they won the league.

Thks for that Aldo, I didnt know that Durrell was there..I think the former Wrexham full back, Sean Newton is still at York. Watched him a few times on those BT Sports games when he was at Wrexham a few years ago when we were in the NL, always thought he was a decent player and should be playing at a higher level than the NLN..York n Chester going well, currently the top 2 in the NLN.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 07:50

if I am correct - I do not think big steve mcnulty has been playing in recent weeks for York city. they were live on the bbc in the fa cup a few weeks ago and he did not get picked for that match. so it looks as though he is struggling to get into the team.

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 09:04

Steve McNulty has been side-lined due to injury. Not sure about wanting another match against a NLN side. We didn't exactly excel in the cup last season against both Oxford C or Southport when we needed replays despite being drawn at home.

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 09:26

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
The northern section of the draw has 14 ties including 11 National League teams. The southern has 18 ties including the other 13 NL teams. Seems fair to me. Size and history of the participants are totally irrelevant and quite right too.
Fair enough, I never checked. But it wasn't the case in our NL years. Perhaps they have evened out the halves of the draw or is it just that northern teams have been promoted (us, Lincoln, Grimsby, Macc) and replaced by southern ones. Either way, I understand the logic of the regional qualifiers up to a point, but do not think the final Q round should be regionalised. That is the point that the NL clubs enter and the point that the league structure becomes non-regional.

Date: 17 October, 2019 08:23

This weekend sees the 4th qualifying round matches taking place, then on Monday evening it will be the draw for the 1st round proper..the very last team to come out of the hat in Mondays draw will automatically get a bye into the 2nd round because of there being no Bury FC...Probably the best chance of Rovers getting a live TV game is if we are drawn away to a really low ranked non league side ( the TV people often choose those kind of games ), but who knows? We might be the last team to come out of the hat!

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 08:28

If we got a bye would it be the televised match 😀 ?

Date: 17 October, 2019 13:42

Quote:
Zint
If we got a bye would it be the televised match 😀 ?

lollers.....whichever team is last out of the hat on Monday will still be awarded the 36,000 quid prize money for a 1st round winner.. We have a one in seventy nine chance of getting 36k for doing s*d all, lol..

Date: 17 October, 2019 13:56

if it were Rovers to get the automatic bye into the 2nd round then that might help our chronic injury list problem, having the weekend off to help recuperate and suffer from no further injuries by not having to play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2019 13:58 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 09:30

Why not have a lucky loser instead of a bye? Or have a draw for the games that go to a replay so two teams go through and don''t have to play the replay. Just a thought.

Date: 19 October, 2019 16:23

i have a live stream for York v Stockport in FA Cup, Macca is back after injury and leads the York team out today

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2019 16:27

Haringey players have walked off the pitch at yeovil due to their keeper being racially abused!

Date: 19 October, 2019 16:36

I think York City will soon be moving into their new stadium...bye bye to another old ground at Bootham Crescent.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2019 17:45

If the draw was taken out of a hat and we we're the last ball in the hat and they went to take it out to show the waiting TV viewers they'd pull out the label showing the hat size first because we don't seem able to take the lead early.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2019 17:47 by BELMONT.

Date: 19 October, 2019 18:17

Final score... York City 2-0 Stockport County....interesting to note that York from the NLN are full time and Stockport from the NL are part time... former Wrexham left back Sean Newton with one of the York goals today, an absolute screamer that took a bit of a deflection on its way in..York look quite a decent side, and a club that is defo on the up and looking to get back into the footy league, currently top of the NLN table, a win in the FA Cup today vs a team from a higher league and soon to be moving into a new stadium...Macca can count himself a bit lucky today that he didn't concede a penalty, it was handball from him from what I saw...but he was solid as ever at the back today...Judging by Yorks performance today, especially in the first half, they look capable of beating league opposition, I wouldn't fancy Rovers being drawn away to them, they could defo cause a shock....York now 18 matches without defeat..they deserved their win today and go into the hat in Mondays draw.

NB.. Big top of the table clash in the NLN next Saturday, Chester v York..

Date: 19 October, 2019 18:37

Quote:
the kav
Haringey players have walked off the pitch at yeovil due to their keeper being racially abused!

they have just been talking about this incident in the post match of the York game. .racist language, spitting and a bottle thrown at the Haringey keeper from a section of the Yeovil fans..the game was abandoned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2019 18:38 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 10:57

Tranmere are numbered 45 in the draw some others are York 57 Accrington Stanley 1 FRG18 Mansfield 25 Newport 28 York 57 Chesterfield/Wrexham 59 and not forgetting Maldon and Tiptree 73.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net