Current Page: 1 of 2
Micky for Sunderland?
Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 15:23

Not impossible is it?

Re: Micky for Sunderland?
Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 15:25

No, not impossible but I don't think it will happen. He has a job to do at Prenton Park

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 15:27

We can only hope 🙄

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 15:43

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
We can only hope 🙄

Because "supporters" like you deserve so much better than the shite served up over the last 3 years? What a clown.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 15:45

Sunderland board sack a manager that's got the team to sixth place in the league and take on one who's team is sitting one place above the drop zone. Don't think so.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 15:57

From what I can remember, they started off slowly last season yet they were unlucky to lose in both the checkatrade final and the end of season division one play off final..Obviously thats not enough for the board..A hasty decision I reckon..Same at Mansfield, they shouldnt have got rid of Flitcroft, another hasty decision..his rookie replacement isnt doing well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2019 16:01 by hong kong rover.

Date: 08 October, 2019 16:27

Barnsley have parted company with their manager today, Daniel Stendel. he got Barnsley up last season, and already he is one of the names put forward as next Sunderland boss,,Stendel will be awaiting the outcome of Joey Bartons trial at Barnsley Magistrates tmrw..

Date: 08 October, 2019 16:39

Next Sunderland manager odds from Skybet..

Daniel Stendel 2/1
Roy Keane 5/1
Phil Parkinson 5/1
Gary Rowett 8/1
Mick Harford 8/1
Kevin Phillips 10/1
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 14/1
Neil Harris 14/1 ( he has just resigned from Millwall )
Chris Hughton 16/1
Sam Allardyce 16/1
Sol Campbell 22/1 ( Campbell recently interviewed at Southend )

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 17:18

Quote:
BELMONT
Sunderland board sack a manager that's got the team to sixth place in the league and take on one who's team is sitting one place above the drop zone. Don't think so.

Its all relative you could say MM is the best performing manager in League 1 after all we are 4th from bottom with a National League budget, Sunderland are 6th from too with a Premier League budget

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 17:22

From what I’ve been to, Micky has been told that we will stay where we are for the next few years. The club doesn’t want another promotion because all the money is going into the education side of things at the campus. There will be some available in January if we need it to survive.

From hearing this on Saturday, it wouldn’t surprise me if MM was to leave at some point. All managers what to do their best and not just stagnate for a few years. Plus we would get money for him. I know none of us want to see him go, because he is a top draw manager, but money talks.

We all have to be realistic and acknowledge that we will have no ambition until the club is bought. MP and NP have made no secret of the fact that they wanted to stabilise the club and make it self sufficient. Job almost done and thanks. They have always maintained that they never wanted to run a football club, but wanted to save us, job done and again thanks.

Unless someone comes in to take the club, unfortunately we are not going anywhere soon.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 17:33

Quote:
aktrfc
From what I’ve been to, Micky has been told that we will stay where we are for the next few years. The club doesn’t want another promotion because all the money is going into the education side of things at the campus. There will be some available in January if we need it to survive.
From hearing this on Saturday, it wouldn’t surprise me if MM was to leave at some point. All managers what to do their best and not just stagnate for a few years. Plus we would get money for him. I know none of us want to see him go, because he is a top draw manager, but money talks.

We all have to be realistic and acknowledge that we will have no ambition until the club is bought. MP and NP have made no secret of the fact that they wanted to stabilise the club and make it self sufficient. Job almost done and thanks. They have always maintained that they never wanted to run a football club, but wanted to save us, job done and again thanks.

Unless someone comes in to take the club, unfortunately we are not going anywhere soon.

I think it is also the fact that financially it is impossible... Assuming MP isn't wanting to sell out which appears unlikely we will need 5 years or more I am sure to re-bolster the balance sheet. The numbers in the Championship are simply not feasible on our current budget even with the Indonesian investment.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 17:35

Agree add, we need a big money man or women to move on this day and age.

Posted by: EBAWB (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 20:06

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
We can only hope 🙄
What???!?

Every ball's a white ball

Posted by: Dan SWA (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 20:53

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
We can only hope 🙄
Is it a prescription you’re on? Because clearly your screws aren’t fully tightened!

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 21:02

So are we going to do this thread every time a Championship or L1 manager gets sacked?

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2019 21:32

Quote:
Kentexile
So are we going to do this thread every time a Championship or L1 manager gets sacked?

Yes It will go into meltdown when Man Utd sack their manager,this will leave it open for MM too tie up with Les Parry at Old Trafford.

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 05:41

Quote:
aktrfc

Why do you think someone buying the club is the answer. Its not about lack of ambition its about reaching your level financially. When someone buys a club they don't put in there own money for players and wages they rack up debt. Not every club can play at the highest level, being a s second tier side is why we got relegated to the NL because it was all done on a show string. We need to become a well established lower league club if we we want the club to have a future, it is our level and there is no shame in it.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 07:31

I have just heard a good rumour that sunderland legend and ex England striker kevin phillips wants to be their next manager. in the past few years he has been the strikers coach at Leicester city. I thought when the mackems were in the premier league a few years ago - kevin phillips and niall quinn had a cracking partnership up front. twice they finished in 7th place in the premier league - how times have changed.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 17:00

Regarding the stay as we are quote ,it’s absolutely true ,we indeed can’t afford another promotion ,I tend to believe our last one was unexpected and came to soon .anyway we won’t have to be concerned about the championship for the foreseeable future, not with this team and we definitely don’t have the money ,MP has been brilliant but we are as far as we go it’s about survival now ,staying in League 1 and that is not going to be easy ,any teams that drop down into League one have better players and more money ,the one team that could make it is FGR ,money is not a problem ,say what you like about Cooper end of each season his best players move on ,and he finds some good players from somewhere and they continue to do really well ,I fully expect them to get promotion this season one way or the other ,as I said before the Peter Johnson’s don’t exist in football anymore .they don’t have the mega bucks needed

Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 17:16

MM won't leave. He's playing the long game. MM is working-class Scottish and has principles. He's here for the long haul.. MM ftw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 17:18 by ElvisTRFC.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net