Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Micky for Sunderland?
Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 17:27

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2019 19:20 by ElvisTRFC.

Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 17:29

We thought the Cowleys had principles Elvis & they said they were at City for the long stay to get City into the Championship & look what happened, when a Million each was offered, money talks & makes a family set up for life.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 17:33

I'd have thought Mellon's experience, ability, potential and ambitions are all well-aligned with those of the club. Doesn't happen often in football. For that reason alone, and leaving loyalty out of it altogether, I don't see him going anywhere.

Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 17:36

I hear you, Jal Jal, but there's more to MM than that.

Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 20:35

I hope so Elvis (I never thought I'd talk to Elvis other than through a medium) [:wor kid:]

Posted by: jim rockford (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 22:02

Quote:
ElvisTRFC
MM won't leave. He's playing the long game. MM is working-class Scottish and has principles. He's here for the long haul.. MM ftw.
So this would be a different Micky Mellon to the one who was interested in the Swansea job in the summer and at one stage was favourite with the bookie's as it happened he did not reach the final interview but think you are naive to think if a bigger job came along he would not take it.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 22:26

Que sera sera etc

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 13:36

Phil Parkinson named as new Sunderland boss, his first home game in charge vs Rovers next Tuesday.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 14:40

phil Parkinson bad choice for the mighty mackems. why is it that the same old managers get jobs all the time. sunderland could of done better. if I was a mackem I would be gutted. sunderland missed the boat. for the past 3 years or so one of the best managers in the lower leagues has been danny cowley. they have acted to late.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net