Current Page: 1 of 6
Coventry City (a)
Posted by: Elvis (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2019 12:08

A 12 o'clock kick-off always seems to be more of palaver. I don't like finding my seat just as the whistle goes. I like to arrive so I have at least an hour mooching about beforehand. And then find my seat just as the game kicks off. There is actually a difference, even though I'm still only just making the start of the game/the missing the first five minutes. If were a 3pm kick-off, it wouldn't be encroaching Friday night plans. You can probably bet your last dollar, there will be at least an hour faffing around before setting off. If someone were to say to me, "I'll pick you up at 8", I'd be good to go. I wouldn't have a to-do list of so-called "important" things, like drop off a kid, or having to wait in for forty minutes until the missus gets back because she's waiting for a washing machine repair man (or some other bunkum) That's just bad away day etiquette. Shave your bloody balls the night before! Shave 'em in the car, if you really have to. Just be bloody ready!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 12:11 by ElvisTRFC.

Re: Coventry City (a)
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 09:15

I will be able to watch this live on Sunday, and at a respectable hour too..if this was a pools panel result then I am afraid i would have to say Home Win, but saying that, are Coventry at their real home lol...Mind you, if the Coventry defence are as generous as what they were at Rotherham last weekend, then we have a chance..all 4 of those goals were, laugh a minute and the 4th goal was Pure Comedy..

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 23:24

Coventry forum celebrating Mr drysdale appointment as ref on Sunday. Anyone know why

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 23:42

He was the ref at Grimsby away last season. Not a clue why the real reason could be though...

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 23:59

He's their lucky charm. They never lose when he's in charge (until late last season) and he regularly dishes out red cards to their opponents. He also disallowed a perfectly good Notts County goal when Cov beat them in the playoffs and allowed a dubious Cov goal in the same game.

Their luck with him has to change soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2019 00:20 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: davep63 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 11:54

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
He's their lucky charm. They never lose when he's in charge (until late last season) and he regularly dishes out red cards to their opponents. He also disallowed a perfectly good Notts County goal when Cov beat them in the playoffs and allowed a dubious Cov goal in the same game.
Their luck with him has to change soon!
Like on sunday👍SWA

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 17:16

With Perkins banks injured Jenno suspended Danns called up to his national side how are we going to line up midfield wise we are literally down to the bare bones thoughts?

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 17:25

I am not sure how many Tranmere rovers fans have got a good memory - but if you remember quite a few years ago we wanted to sign the Coventry city manager mark robbins while he was so called in his prime. but the big headed ******** said he would only sign for us if we gave him a goal bonus payment for every goal he scored. who the hell does he think he is. quite rightly we never went ahead with the transfer. we need to put him in his place on sunday.

Posted by: This is sh1t (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 18:18

Quote:
the baldy one
I am not sure how many Tranmere rovers fans have got a good memory - but if you remember quite a few years ago we wanted to sign the Coventry city manager mark robbins while he was so called in his prime. but the big headed ******** said he would only sign for us if we gave him a goal bonus payment for every goal he scored. who the hell does he think he is. quite rightly we never went ahead with the transfer. we need to put him in his place on sunday.

Don’t hold a grudge then ? With a memory like that is the baldy one a woman ?

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 20:26

What the heck is baldy on. Strikers are entitled to ask for goal bonuses, the same as midfielders and they are both entitled to ask for assist bonuses, just like goalkeepers are entitled to ask for clean sheet bonuses.

If the guy had asked for his car insurance and phone bills to be paid, then he would have been a cheeky sod, but he wasn't asking for something unreasonable. It's standard practice on almost all playing contracts these days.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 22:07

Wasnt there a Coventry player that Ronnie Moore tried to sign for us a few years back that refused to come unless we bought him a house and other daft things? Transfer collapsed and he never amounted to much anyway?

Posted by: rover87 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 22:21

Would like to see Gilmour CBT and Heburn Murphy all given starts, think we desperately need to shake thiings up abit surely cant leave gilmour and corey out after midweek and id have HM in place of Mullin

Posted by: Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 02:58

Liked what Gilmour and CBT brought into the team on Tuesday. Those two and Audrey HB add a lot of pace to the side, which is what we've been lacking.

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 08:19

Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Liked what Gilmour and CBT brought into the team on Tuesday. Those two and Audrey HB add a lot of pace to the side, which is what we've been lacking.

Agree totally!
Speaking to a mate of mine who goes to all Rotherham's games - he said Coventry were very poor last week (Rotherham hammered them 4-0) so we may have a chance here.
Despite his 2 mistakes (penno against Burton and that throw in on Tuesday) Borthwick Jackson I think is also very good - he can just glide past opposition players and can deliver a good cross. Reminds me of Clarkey on the right 2 seasons back.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Posted by: Tommy Egg (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 11:15

Quote:
rover87
Would like to see Gilmour CBT and Heburn Murphy all given starts, think we desperately need to shake thiings up abit surely cant leave gilmour and corey out after midweek and id have HM in place of Mullin

Isn't that about all we've got particularly if Banks can't play . If Mullin's is replaced by H M , he will have to put a shift in to replace Mullins chasing down if one paced and defending at corners .I'll take a draw and hope Southend and Wimbledon draw .

Posted by: Tommy Egg (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 11:15

Quote:
rover87

Isn't that about all we've got particularly if Banks can't play . If Mullin's is replaced by H M , he will have to put a shift in to replace Mullins chasing down if one paced and defending at corners .I'll take a draw and hope Southend and Wimbledon draw .

Date: 12 October, 2019 11:45

bad injury list for Rovers, plus suspensions and international call ups going into the Coventry game..i see that there are a couple of league 1 games and one league 2 game that are off today coz of international call ups, and the Kidderminster v Farsley game in the NLN is off too coz Kiddy have 3 players on international duty.

Date: 12 October, 2019 11:54

Today...

Rochdale v Accrington
Southend v Wimbledon

I think it will be 2 caretaker managers in charge at Roots Hall today...Southend still managerless, so I think Waddock is still Southend caretaker and Wimbledon boss Wally Downes suspended coz of gambling breaches.

Date: 12 October, 2019 17:08

Southend 1-4 Wimbledon..We are now in the relegation zone..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2019 17:19 by hong kong rover.

Date: 12 October, 2019 17:17

have just been reading that Coventry will be wearing a new specially designed 2-tone kit for tmrws live game, the kit inspired by the Coventry band, The Specials..

Current Page: 1 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net