Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Coventry City (a)
Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 15:33

Can think of at least 3-4 games last season where sides did that to us at Prenton Park and the opposition were praised for winning lucky! Few more of them i wouldnt complain although mightnt be good for the blood pressure

Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 16:11

Doesn't matter how well or how poorly you play as long as you don't lose. Play poorly and win that's excellent.

Posted by: rover87 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 17:54

Definition of a classic smash and grab. Terrible finishing from Coventry cost them but its about time we got a bit of luck this season fantastic finish from Corey Stefan Payne motm for me how on earth he missed the chance at the end il never know but he worked his socks off and won everything

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 19:14

Great finish, even if was against the run of play. The Southend game is an imperitive otherwise the gains made from this result could all be for nothing and Southend are a team Tranmere are expected to compete with, so there has to be a victory otherwise bonus results like the Coventry one will seem like a damp squib.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 19:37

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 19:38 by ElvisTRFC.

Posted by: rover87 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 19:48

Quote:
ElvisTRFC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZ8428GSrI
😂 love it do u remember the good old days before the ROVERS

Date: 13 October, 2019 19:58

I'm gonna get 'em to play this at the Southend Meet Up lol

Date: 13 October, 2019 20:05

MM and the boys pulled a rabbit out of the hat. League 1, we are here to stay!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 20:09 by ElvisTRFC.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 20:47

It would be bad manners, in fact complete madness, not to pay homage to the selecter of today's team Mr MM, who took us one step beyond relegation today.
In homage to Coventry's woeful finishing and the weepin' an' a wailin' 'from their fans:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 21:01

Great result, sometimes you have got to sh!thouse your way to a result. Thought the ref was reasonable today, did well to leave us with 11 on the pitch, you could clearly see him telling RHM, you are 'this close' to going off.
Essential we get something from the Southend game now.

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 08:38

I thought our best away performance this season, so far, was at Rotherham. Yesterday we had nowhere near the fluency but we won. I’d take winning ugly any day of the week. Hopefully the 3 pts will boost the lads confidence on their travels.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 12:31

Why did Scotty keep punching the ball from crosses after we scored and hand it back to the opposition ? ,Surely catching the ball from crosses was more of a time waster ?

Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 14:32

Robins is whingeing like a two year old in the press. Deffo hand ball, deffo sending off for Payne, deffo foul in build up to goal, deffo time wasting by keeper.

And his team deffo didn't score any goals.

You make your own luck and yes we rode it on Sunday. We've had it done to us on occasion and just took it on the chin.

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 15:08

Quote:
dicko111
Why did Scotty keep punching the ball from crosses after we scored and hand it back to the opposition ? ,Surely catching the ball from crosses was more of a time waster ?
It's the modern way. A ball that moves around much more, crosses coming in with more velocity to take advantage of this and greasy conditions. Better safe than sorry.

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 15:10

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
dicko111
It's the modern way. A ball that moves around much more, crosses coming in with more velocity to take advantage of this and greasy conditions. Better safe than sorry.

And the balls are much lighter than 20 years back, they swerve all over the place these days.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 15:15

Or maybe not that confident in catching a cross ?? At least he didnt fumble a shot but how many did they have on target ?

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 15:24

I think the Coventry newspaper is making it worse than it was. Robins is a manager whose team had dominated a game but lost-so he won't be happy.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 21:08

Quote:
Kentexile
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
dicko111

And the balls are much lighter than 20 years back, they swerve all over the place these days.
I like a keeper that punches clear provided they get good distance. I don't recall him doing much of this in the past so maybe its something that has been worked on by the coaches. It is all fine and good saying catch the ball, but how many times have we seen him try and catch the ball and present it to a striker in the 18 yard box.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 October, 2019 09:55

Interesting to see the Coventry forum has been in meltdown since the game.
Yes they lost but they’re a good side and if the roles were reversed I’d be disappointed but not hysterical.

For the record, you could see we were stifling them from the off, dropped off them to allow them to mess around at the back and hit them if we managed to get anything decent going up top. It worked as it has against us in the past.

It should give us an edge in the Southend game too as if they think we’ll play like that then they’re going to have a torrid time under the lights!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2019 09:56 by rossb07.

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 15 October, 2019 11:30

I don't know what they're whining for, they had more than enough chances to win the game comfortably. Looked a very good side to me, and I haven't seen us so comprehensively dominated across 90 minutes like that in any other game this season (not Portsmouth, nor Oxford, nor Ipswich).

Current Page: 5 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net