Current Page: 1 of 2
Dave Challinor
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 15:53

Sacked by Fylde today..... what went wrong there with all their money???

Re: Dave Challinor
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 16:10

bad start to the season has cost him his job..he got Fylde to Wembley twice last season just as the recently departed Sunderland manager did too..

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 16:19

All the money Fylde have spent I think it was expected they would be out the NL by now , not looking good for this season either ,no success ,unfortunately ,no job ,no patience these days ,the trouble with success is it can soon turn to misery as luck is not forever in football ,like us Norwood going has changed our teams ability overnight ,that’s all it takes .i know a lot disagree but we should have kept Jay Harris ,was brilliant at the end of last season playoffs ,and in The Borehamwood final can’t be worse than what we have now ,as I say that’s just my opinion

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 16:29

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
All the money Fylde have spent I think it was expected they would be out the NL by now , not looking good for this season either ,no success ,unfortunately ,no job ,no patience these days ,the trouble with success is it can soon turn to misery as luck is not forever in football ,like us Norwood going has changed our teams ability overnight ,that’s all it takes .i know a lot disagree but we should have kept Jay Harris ,was brilliant at the end of last season playoffs ,and in The Borehamwood final can’t be worse than what we have now ,as I say that’s just my opinion

Which matches did you see that you thought we were good in and which ones did you think we were poor in?

Posted by: FloodlitFridays (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 16:45

No, Norwood going hasn’t “changed our team’s ability overnight”. Being in a higher league featuring teams able to splash millions of pounds has a lot to do with us being at the wrong end of the table. Not to mention recently having four centre backs out as well as our two best right backs and strikers! And now Connor’s suspended and Danns will be away for a little while. So ultimately, it’s a meagre budget and a huge dollop of rotten, rotten luck which are the main reasons we are where we are. And come off it with the Harris comment, honestly. Every midfielder we have is of superior quality to him. Furthermore, if we had ended up keeping Harris and got shut of someone like Banks instead, I’m certain you’d still be making the same complaint.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 18:40

Not a good decision I think, especially as the game against Sutton was postponed, so they might have won that.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 20:39

Nice one Matt

Posted by: Dan SWA (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 21:06

Get him in as a long throw coach,

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 22:03

Quote:
ADD

Perhaps the Chairman had someone whisper in his ear that a higher profile person was looking for a Manager's job,it happens now and again over prawn sandwiches in the boardroom.smoking smiley

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 22:04

Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
ADD

Perhaps the Chairman had someone whisper in his ear that a higher profile person was looking for a Manager's job,it happens now and again over prawn sandwiches in the boardroom.smoking smiley
What Micky Mellon maybe???

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 07:54

It’s strange. According to the BBC he was sacked over a ‘rail incident’. Very odd but presume he was involved in something akin to gross misconduct, which given the teams poor performance, was used as an excuse to ditch him. Wonder if the will offer the job to Clint. He is no 2 at Fleetwood.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 07:57

Get him in as centre half at the moment dan! Haha

Date: 13 October, 2019 18:59

A rail incident? Someone is blaming him for the reason three NL games got postponed.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 15 October, 2019 14:03

I think it was very harsh sacking dave challinor. he got them to Wembley twice last season winning the fa trophy. what more does the owner want. we should get him back as a defence coach.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 October, 2019 14:13

The rail incident was an accident on the line, nothing to do with Dave, just ment the team couldnt travel and they bizarely sacked him after not playing. Perhaps it was lined up anyway

Date: 15 October, 2019 17:05

Well I was being tongue in cheek. No matter how crazy some chair people look sometimes sacking a manager for a rail network issue would be the height of ludicrousness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2019 17:05 by Matt34.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 October, 2019 20:50

And i was replying to zint Matt, where it was speculated that Dave was sacked for an act of gross misconduct over a rail incident...

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 08:54

Quote:
Uptonrover
And i was replying to zint Matt, where it was speculated that Dave was sacked for an act of gross misconduct over a rail incident...
Did they actually get on the train only for it to get cancelled and DC to lose it, threatening staff, etc, thinking the club would be find and lose points. It's unlikely and pure guesswork, but it is the only gross misconduct rail incident I can think of. Pressure does strange things to people and makes them act out of character. More likely it was pre-planned and this was just an excuse.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 09:01

If you depend on the train to get the team to away games you can soon come unstuck .coach better method ,you can still get stuck in an accident but always a chance to do a detour,,surely more to this story ,he must be in for compensation as it was out of his control

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 09:37

Challinor's departure has nothing to do with a rail incident.

The BBC reported "AFC Fylde have sacked manager Dave Challinor - three hours after their National League game with Sutton was postponed because of a rail incident". The rail incident caused the postponement of Fylde v Sutton, it didn't cause his sacking!

The rail incident - which I got stuck in myself for over two hours and was caused by a fatality on the tracks around Milton Keynes - prevented Sutton from getting to the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2019 10:17 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net