Injuries and Discipline
Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 11:36

Yet another one, MM is pushing the players too hard, 100mph constantly, coupled with players who either don't have the physicality to do it or aren't good enough and chase the game constantly, this has been far to high octane in all the wrong places, got to be less headless chicken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 11:41 by Bored rover.

Re: Injuries and Discipline
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 09:16

Interestingly the Sky commentator said that both sets of medical staff were having a meeting after the game to discuss injuries as Coventry also were experiencing a high number of them....

We have an expert in charge I believe but I do wonder having watched some of the campus videos whether strength of muscles is being focussed on too much to the detriment of flexibility - hamstrings in particular..

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 09:52

On the flip side we do score a remarkable amount of late goals. Too many to be a coincidence so we're doing something right with building up the players' stamina. Tricky to get the balance right though, given the risk of injury.

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 10:34

Quote:
ADD
Interestingly the Sky commentator said that both sets of medical staff were having a meeting after the game to discuss injuries as Coventry also were experiencing a high number of them....
We have an expert in charge I believe but I do wonder having watched some of the campus videos whether strength of muscles is being focussed on too much to the detriment of flexibility - hamstrings in particular..
Very good point.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 12:27

Already mentioned on a previous thread that injuries were down to the Solar Campus but did Norwood no harm and look where he is now

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 12:59

Quote:
dicko111
Already mentioned on a previous thread that injuries were down to the Solar Campus but did Norwood no harm and look where he is now

Yes but Norwood was carrying a groin strain at the end of last season and apparently still so into this season

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 13:29

Maybe doing Payne no harm after his effort yesterday .Needs his shooting boots on though

Date: 14 October, 2019 14:16

Quote:
dicko111
Why down to Solar Campus - they are relatively newly laid pitches aren't they?

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 14:45

It’s more to do with physical training I should imagine .Norwood had a groin op last week to try and solve the problem ,young Ben Tollitt I believe came back for The Peterborough FA cup far to soon ,never finished the game ,never been the same since ,it’s about getting the balance right ,some heal quicker than others ,but 10/12 injured somethings not right Liverpool had the same problem due to the managers fitness regime ,had to change it I believe ,players not robots

Date: 16 October, 2019 13:46

Anyone know what was Bank's operation? Didn't know he was that bad???

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 17:34

Quote:
ADD
I heard it was suspected broken foot ist don't know why operation

Posted by: Dimbleby (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 18:03

I have lost track of who is out and when they are due back.
In fact there might be players on our books whom I forgot about.
Can anyone give a list of who is out at the moment?

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 15:28

Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
ADD
I heard it was suspected broken foot ist don't know why operation
sorry add proper reason is torn a muscle off thigh bone. .ouch

Posted by: Tommy Egg (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 16:06

M M mentioned in Radio Merseyside Sports Bulletin that
Harvey Gilmour has got to have a scan on a knee injury sustained in training . What's happening under current training regime .Who have we got left for midfield on Friday night .May have to play Ridalgh there and hope Perkins is back .

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 16:51

Either Jacob maddox or his twin brother was in my gym last night in full tranmere training gear. Looked pretty close to fitness to me

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 17:00

Forgot about him

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 22:06

Wont happen now but Millwall played something like a season and a half with the same starting X1 in the late 60s

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 21:25

Blacket-Taylor bow

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net