Current Page: 1 of 2
Elvis Lives!
Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 22:42

It's a fact! Elvis plays live at Prenton Park this Friday evening; I kid you not!
Now that should put a few more bums (as in backsides and not the usual drunken, disorientated ones that frequent the place) on seats, even though we know there's only one King (well, two I suppose if you want throw Jesus in to the equation as the bronze medallist in the King stakes)!
Back to another Jim Beam with cider...

Re: Elvis Lives!
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 06:32

talking about elvis - I was wondering if someone could tell me what team does elvis Costello support. about 10 years ago I saw him on a football show on tv wearing a Tranmere rovers scarf but a few years ago again he was on tv but this time he had a Liverpool scarf. so surely he cannot support both teams.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 06:55

The last sighting of Elvis that I heard about was a few years ago now, and that being that he was alive and well and working in a sausage factory in Carlisle..

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 09:41

Costello supports Liverpool but comes to PP due to his father.
Not 100% sure if his dad was just a fan or worked for the club though, have seen someone else give an in depth reason as to his affiliation with the club before on here.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 15:25

Quote:
rossb07
Costello supports Liverpool but comes to PP due to his father.
Not 100% sure if his dad was just a fan or worked for the club though, have seen someone else give an in depth reason as to his affiliation with the club before on here.
wasn't he at the last game with russ Abbott ?

Date: 17 October, 2019 16:11

Talking of kings, my top 5 would be:
1. Johnny King (goes without saying!).
2. Elvis (pure animal magnetism to the ladies and didn't he record the odd tune?)
3. Jesus (seemed like a decent enough bloke, the type you'd enjoy a pint with and that turning water in to wine party trick has some good value, particularly when you're broke).
4. Henry viii (I'm struggling with one wife and he knew effective solutions)
5. Budweiser (King of beers).
Oh yeah, bonus entry at no.
6. King Kong (loved his movies as a kid and the re-makes as an "adult"; wish I'd have had the chance to meet him (think of the selfie!) and felt he was misunderstood and a little hard done to).

Date: 17 October, 2019 16:43

Quote:
Phil65
2. Elvis (pure animal magnetism to the ladies and didn't he record the odd tune?)
3. Jesus (seemed like a decent enough bloke, the type you'd enjoy a pint with and that turning water in to wine party trick has some good value, particularly when you're broke).
6. King Kong (loved his movies as a kid and the re-makes as an "adult"; wish I'd have had the chance to meet him (think of the selfie!) and felt he was misunderstood and a little hard done to).

Hi Phil, I know that you are an aficionado of the Blues, not forgetting the 3 Kings of the Blues to add to your list - BB, Albert and Freddie.....Freddie 'The Texas Cannonball' King is probably my favourite of all those great African/American bluesmen, he was a supreme blues guitar player..

Date: 17 October, 2019 17:08

Hong King Rover, you know me too well! πŸ˜€

Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 18:57

(Sm158) Regards Jesus turning water into wine, I will chance it was a white wine. And I don't think the water used was nearly as clear as we associate nowadays with bottled or tap water. I should imagine Jesus started off with an unusually clear white wine of the time. And it probably looked very much like the drinking water of the time, with a yellow tinge. Where he got it from, I just don't know. I don't think white wine was nearly as popular as it is today. Yes, white wine was probably around, but likely to be only served in some of the more trendy bars of the time like Greece maybe. I should imagine any white wine in Nazareth at the time was looked upon with suspicion. And it looked remarkably like water from the get-go! It's probably not that good a trick when you think about it. If it were a red wine, then that's probably worth writing about. This is all speculation, so please don't shoot the messenger. I can't even begin to imagine how disappointed I'd be if a guy turned up with a girly box of white wine. I'd probably just look at 'im, and say, "I ain't drinking that, pal"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2019 19:01 by ElvisTRFC.

Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 19:31

Behold! I'm going to turn undrinkable ditch water into home brew beer!

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 22:03

I tought Elvis was living on that Lancaster Bomber on Mars

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 22:16

I heard he's sometimes seen impersonating Eddie Bishop or Nicko.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 08:15

When Jesus declared he would change the water to wine someone shouted (quote) you bloody well won’t ,you will put a shekel in the kitty like everyone else ,

Posted by: Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 09:06

Quote:
hong kong rover
The last sighting of Elvis that I heard about was a few years ago now, and that being that he was alive and well and working in a sausage factory in Carlisle..
Elvis Presley alive and making sausages in Carlisle! Don't they make those expensive sausages. Cos you only get one for the money! Or is that my suspicious mind!

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 14:45

Quote:
ElvisTRFC
(Sm158) Regards Jesus turning water into wine, I will chance it was a white wine. And I don't think the water used was nearly as clear as we associate nowadays with bottled or tap water. I should imagine Jesus started off with an unusually clear white wine of the time. And it probably looked very much like the drinking water of the time, with a yellow tinge. Where he got it from, I just don't know. I don't think white wine was nearly as popular as it is today. Yes, white wine was probably around, but likely to be only served in some of the more trendy bars of the time like Greece maybe. I should imagine any white wine in Nazareth at the time was looked upon with suspicion. And it looked remarkably like water from the get-go! It's probably not that good a trick when you think about it. If it were a red wine, then that's probably worth writing about. This is all speculation, so please don't shoot the messenger. I can't even begin to imagine how disappointed I'd be if a guy turned up with a girly box of white wine. I'd probably just look at 'im, and say, "I ain't drinking that, pal"
Hmm. How to turn clear water into something slightly more yellowish in tinge like white wine? That's no miracle, it's p155 easy, literally. Making it drinkable, now that's the trick. Having said that, most of those eastern Med region wines taste like p155 anyway so they'd never know the difference!

Date: 18 October, 2019 15:08

Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Quote:
hong kong rover
Elvis Presley alive and making sausages in Carlisle! Don't they make those expensive sausages. Cos you only get one for the money! Or is that my suspicious mind!

Lollers...I just can't help believing, that Elvis is now making sausages!

Date: 18 October, 2019 15:10

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
ElvisTRFC
Hmm. How to turn clear water into something slightly more yellowish in tinge like white wine? That's no miracle, it's p155 easy, literally. Making it drinkable, now that's the trick. Having said that, most of those eastern Med region wines taste like p155 anyway so they'd never know the difference!

Lollers

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 22:03

Quote:
Phil65
Five out of six maybe Phil , but Budweiser ??? , REALLY ??!! IT'S ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING !! I would honestly have a soft drink before drinking that ( And I love my beer 🍺 ) The real Budvar is lovely but the Anheuser Bausch American brew is Yuck ! 10 out of 10 to the advertising campaigning though cos anyone who can get that muck to be a best selling brand gets my respect !!😊

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 23:55

Elvis played right back for Southend last night-seriouslysmiling smiley

Date: 19 October, 2019 07:22

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Elvis played right back for Southend last night-seriouslysmiling smiley

πŸ‘ And you all thought I'd lost my mind! He died in the end; who'd have thought it!

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net