Current Page: 1 of 5
Sunderland (a)
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 11:44

I've noticed that every away team so far this season that has visited Sunderland have scored..So hopefully a chance for the Rovers to find the net..Sunderland not exactly setting the division alight..i will take a repeat of Coventry last week, where the home side had 71% possession and 19 shots at goal with only one on target and we nick it with our one and only chance 5 mins from time..A losing start for Phil Parkinson at Wycombe yesterday...Cmon the Rovers!

Re: Sunderland (a)
Date: 20 October, 2019 11:51

Latest...half time - Accrington 2-0 Ipswich...No Norwood today...we could do without this result, and bloody Wimbledon won yesterday with a last gasp winner to put more pressure on Pompey boss Kenny Jackett...Wimbledon going well without Wally Downes..

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 11:58

Lad in works a Blackcats fan, they are hoping for improvement under their new man, their salivating at the thought of facing us a couple of weeks into his new tenure, they are hoping for a repeat of our performance at St Andrews last Sunday, their 4 million pound man has struggled for goals this season despite an excellent record of being in and around 18-20 goals in every season that he's played at this level, so they are hoping he has his shooting boots on for this one. From our point of view he reckons we need to go 4 4 2 and get at their fullbacks who have been iffy this season however that was under their wingback system with the old manager. All in all really tough game for Rovers.

Date: 20 October, 2019 12:21

just watching the 2nd half of Acc v Ipswich, Jon Nolan the lpswich midfielder is a gutsy fiery little individual who gets stuck in, not too dissimilar from Jay Harris.

Date: 20 October, 2019 12:42

Both teams now had a player sent off, its a full blooded 2nd half is this with a few choice tasty challenges going in from both sides, good honest proper footy lol.. Stanley still 2 up.

Date: 20 October, 2019 12:56

Have to say its been a bad weekend of results for us, Accrington, Wimbledon and Rochdale all winning and MK getting a draw... Fair play to Stanley, they got stuck in to Ipswich today and made it difficult for them.

Posted by: dnors (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 18:03

So we are playing a team who's name starts with S for the second game in a row, the last time this happened and we didnt win the second game was a good few years ago now, name that team anyone, no prize available.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 06:39

Hoping Sunderland are still getting used to Parkinsons tactics/ideas etc and we can somehow sneak a draw

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 07:18

Can’t see us getting anything ,but who knows after the Coventry result ,hopefully like the Coventry forwards they are being coached by St Dunstans AFC

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 10:07

We'll go one down in the first 20 minutes. It will be backs to the wall until half time. We'll get an equaliser after 60 minutes and then the winner in the fifth minute of added time.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 10:17

It's an occasion to savour and a free hit against one of the big boys. All the pressure's on them. If we can exploit all that, keep our shape and organisation and put in another massive shift we could frustrate them and sneak something. But head over heart suggests a 2-0 home win.

Date: 21 October, 2019 15:42

Quote:
dnors
So we are playing a team who's name starts with S for the second game in a row, the last time this happened and we didnt win the second game was a good few years ago now, name that team anyone, no prize available.

Swindon Town?

Posted by: Dan SWA (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 19:14

Maybe we can pull some shenanigans like we did in the FA cup many moons ago,wasn’t it Clint who get sent off so we just put a sub on in his place,I was there with my now ex wife who happens to be a geordie, we got some proper funny looks and I spent most of the game explaining she wasn’t a Mackem,she’s from Newcastle. Last time I was at the Stadium of Light,we got smashed 4-0, but I got a free ticket and VIP parking because I knew a girl who worked in the ticket office. I think we’ll get beat tomorrow,but I thought that with Coventry!

Posted by: Tranmere Tinker (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 00:29

Stephen Frail was the guy that came on for Clint I believe, took a few minutes for the ref to cotton on.

Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 06:45

Knowing our luck, we will probably have a shambolic first half, and then MM will make the obligatory second half changes whereby we play marginally better football. And to top it off, we end up scoring a late goal for the three points. It's the same old same. And then we will likely draw at home to Doncaster. If you ask me, it's just not cricket! I dunno why we can't just play really well and lose or draw all of our away games and win our effing home games like a normal team! I don't think I can stomach another 4 point week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2019 06:47 by ElvisTRFC.

Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 11:38

Sunderland are not the best in the league by a long way. Like us they tend to leak goals and are not prolific in front of goal. Tactically MIcky is as good as anyone in this league, I don't think a draw is beyond us.
No one mentioned Max yet, looks like he will be playing, think Rides is the only player left in our squad that played in the same team.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 13:52

[quote stairwaytoheaven]Sunderland are not the best in the league by a long way. Like us they tend to leak goals and are not prolific in front of goal. Tactically MIcky is as good as anyone in this league, I don't think a draw is beyond us.
No one mentioned Max yet, looks like he will be playing, think Rides is the only player left in our squad that played in the same team.[/quotemax could be facing Perkins who is godfather to his children]

Date: 22 October, 2019 15:42

CBT out with hamstring

Date: 22 October, 2019 17:13

Birmingham v Blackburn tonight
Coventry v Fleetwood tomorrow night

St Andrews groundsman gonna be busy on Thursday morning!

Date: 22 October, 2019 19:15

How the hell this game is 2-0?! We have dominated prior to the first then a stupid free kick when we should have had one for a hand on Danns face

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net