Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 20:45

5-0 bloody hell!....this weekends visitors to Prenton, Doncaster have won 7-1 away at Southend, Southend had 2 players sent off...Bolton won away at Bristol Rovers..Wimbledon and MK both lost, so that helps us... See that in the championship, Reading had 2 of the greatest ever players to have ever graced the game playing for them at QPR tonight, Puscas and Pele...Puscas ( Puskas ) got one of their goals and Pele came on as a sub..



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2019 20:48 by hong kong rover.

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: Dan SWA (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 20:47

Put it in perspective lads, 2016/17 Sunderland were Premier League we were National League. They paid £4 million for Will Grigg I believe, that’s more than our entire squad! Do you think Solihull Moors went into hysterics when we smashed them 9-0, probably not. We all knew that certain teams would smash 7 kinds of s@?;# out of us,keep calm,get the lads back fit and see where we go,nobody said a trip to the moon in a deadly submarine was going to be an easy ride!

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 20:50

Defeats at Sunderland, Ipswich etc won't define our season.

Suck it up and go again.

And we've extended our cushion over Southend by a goal!

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 20:50

I'm trying to think of positives... Nope, it's gone..

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 20:51

The pasting I said was due ,has just transpired ,,the bad news is we have Doncaster next ,now Payne unavailable for Saturday ,never rains but it pours .pretty pathetic at the moment ,,feel sorry for the SWA who made the nearly 400 mile round trip

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 20:51

Never expected to get anything tonight but 5.0 sticks in the throat a bit .but long way to go got ayers to return and am sure mm got a couple of players in mind to come in next transfer window .so at moment sea like it's doom and gloom but believe it will get better and we will avoid a fast return to league 2 .we have to give even more encouragement on Saturday the 12th man needed

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 20:56

Didnt expect anything tonight but what i did expect is to at least do the basics. Ray is an absolute disaster zone of a player. Crewe must have been lacking if he got player of the year. Lacking a serious goal threat i think thats obvious. Payne will get a few here and there (i really like him) but unfortunately not a 20 goal a season player.

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 21:00

Our defence has looked inadequate all season.Ray's positional sense is poor and Rides is just out of his depth. The worrying thing is thatavailablealternatives do not look as if they offer no more more than just just a change of name on the team sheet .We are shortb of quality . That showed against Southend . Sunderland have not really dominated opponents .
Our best hope is that despite tonight's win. Bolton have too much to make up and that Southend are far worse the we made them look but I am not confident that there is a third team that will finish below us.
The one hope is that for a third season in succession we successfully restructure the side in January

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 21:14

It’s clear from the past few games that a number of players in our team are not up to League 1. Ray, Perkins, Rides among them.

Only players who were decent were Caprice and Morris.

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 21:15

Quote:
Dan SWA
Put it in perspective lads, 2016/17 Sunderland were Premier League we were National League. They paid £4 million for Will Grigg I believe, that’s more than our entire squad! Do you think Solihull Moors went into hysterics when we smashed them 9-0, probably not. We all knew that certain teams would smash 7 kinds of s@?;# out of us,keep calm,get the lads back fit and see where we go,nobody said a trip to the moon in a deadly submarine was going to be an easy ride!
Perspective is important, I am not defending the performance particularly at the back which was not at all good tonight. Their two strikers and wingers would probably walk into most championship sides. On paper Sunderland and Ipswich are the strongest sides in the league so away to those two we shouldn't expect anything.

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 21:15

Total crap, not having budget or spending 4 mil doesn’t excuse that look wat Shef UTD did yesterday. We are totally disorganised and lack discipline in all aspects. The back 4 aren't a back 4 its 4 individuals no cohesion no leadership no talking, Scotty isnt getting involved doesn’t command his box. Team is defending as 11 individuals loose ranks accross the back, should be a 5 in front of a 4 and hunt in packs. We are closing down as individuals which is just pointless, May aswell not bother have to get out to the ball and close doen in 3’s cut passing lanes, if we arent closing down in 3’s stay disciplined stay in the ranks and park the bus. Got to stop trying to play football, stop bombing the full backs on opponents are breaking at speed we have no cover round the back of the centre backs from Rides or Jake as they are up the other end which is fine if the midfield lads cover at FB but they arent they are pushing up to high. Even though we push on we arent getting players into the box and when we do the ball is into poor areas, weve got to get CFs running near post and whip it in, compounded by suspensions and stupid errors from the ill discipline. Total opposite of a team out of their depth last season which it was full of untested NL players!

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 21:33

Quote:
Bored rover
Total crap, not having budget or spending 4 mil doesn’t excuse that look wat Shef UTD did yesterday. We are totally disorganised and lack discipline in all aspects. The back 4 aren't a back 4 its 4 individuals no cohesion no leadership no talking, Scotty isnt getting involved doesn’t command his box. Team is defending as 11 individuals loose ranks accross the back, should be a 5 in front of a 4 and hunt in packs. We are closing down as individuals which is just pointless, May aswell not bother have to get out to the ball and close doen in 3’s cut passing lanes, if we arent closing down in 3’s stay disciplined stay in the ranks and park the bus. Got to stop trying to play football, stop bombing the full backs on opponents are breaking at speed we have no cover round the back of the centre backs from Rides or Jake as they are up the othe
r end which is fine if the midfield lads cover at FB but they arent they are pushing up to high. Even though we push on we arent getting players into the box and when we do the ball is into poor areas, weve got to get CFs running near post and whip it in, compounded by suspensions and stupid errors from the ill discipline. Total opposite of a team out of their depth last season which it was full of untested NL players!

Agree about a very poor defensive unit. I think Rides and Ray are the weak links.

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 21:39

I must admit ray is not doing a good job very one paced and can't get his game together would rather see monte and nelson paired in centre looked more solid when they play together

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 22:51

We have no outlet up front and no real drive from midfield. We end up going sideways by which time the opposition have had time too get shape. We got in a few times down the right but couldn't make it count. For periods we matched Sunderland but shortcomings in defence and lack of bite up front were obvious tonight.

On a happier note I took some friends from Newcastle and they were amazed at the level of support from the travelling SWA. Truly inspirational.

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 23:14

Quote:
gary anderson
I must admit ray is not doing a good job very one paced and can't get his game together would rather see monte and nelson paired in centre looked more solid when they play together
Correct Ray is one paced - unfortunately that is very slow! Nelson must be fit by now - why the hell he is not preferred baffles me as well...

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 23:18

Quote:
mb53trfc
We have no outlet up front and no real drive from midfield. We end up going sideways by which time the opposition have had time too get shape. We got in a few times down the right but couldn't make it count. For periods we matched Sunderland but shortcomings in defence and lack of bite up front were obvious tonight.
On a happier note I took some friends from Newcastle and they were amazed at the level of support from the travelling SWA. Truly inspirational.
I am sorry but this ongoing stuff about how great / "inspirational" etc etc. the SWA is starting to get to me... we need to focus on what ultimately matters - much better we take nobody away from home and the players do not embarrass us like they did tonight!

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 23:49

The level of the away support was a positive tonight and not just ongoing stuff! Its fantastic that we take that number away to Sunderland on a Tuesday night. It brings pressure on the team to perform, its not a given. What ultimately matters is that support continues to hold firm when things are not going well. To suggest that no one should go is cloud cuckoo land. We all know that improvements are required of the present squad.

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2019 00:03

Am I the only one getting fed up of MM spouting the same drivel after each defeat.back to training hard, must defend better ,practise our defence ,super support .its the same old drivel ,the only thing he is right about is the SWA ,out of his depth in this League ,the assessment of him by the Shrews supporters is coming home to roost ,I am fed up of hearing the same lament ,injuries ,suspensions etc ,things will improve ,the truth is bad recruitment ,players not up to this standard ,no leadership on the pitch ,look disjointed, apart from Payne ,can’t get goals ,dropping like a stone ,the ultimate horror on the horizon, we go down FGR come up I have already picked them out for promotion this season .i don’t know what the answer is but things need to change ,Bored Rover spot on with the same assessment,I know the Mickey for ever brigade will be on my case ,but hey the truth often hurts ,done the best he is capable of ,time to move on

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2019 00:19

What do you want him to say in a presser? All that matters is what’s said behind closed doors.

Just because you have it in for him, don’t drivel on about it when we get a loss or play down wins by suggesting we should’ve gotten trounced.

I’m not a ‘MM forever brigade’ member. It’s called supporting your club and the manger and having faith that they’ll do whatever they can to keep the club competitive.

Re: Sunderland (a)
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2019 00:22

If you listened a little harder you'd have heard quite a departure from "the same old drivel". Post match quotes tonight from MM included "We’re 14 games in. Where are we at? Are we getting better?” and "We either have to improve the players or quite simply, the playing staff. That’s probably where it’s at. We need to have a look at the whole thing.”

Hard-hitting stuff, I'd say. Though you won't be happy until he comes out with some guff like "50 was right, I'm poor and was just lucky the last couple of years, blah blah blah blah"

Current Page: 3 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net