Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Doom or Gloom?
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 14:54

Any relegation is a disaster and getting promotion is bloody hard work and takes a huge amount of effort...WE DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN.., Mr Palios did state that only a small percentage of this new Indonesian money will be available to strengthen the playing budget, with the majority of it being used to help the club off the pitch eg, helping to reduce some of the losses the club made in those 3 years in the NL, strengthening facilities at Solar Campus etc...I would describe Rovers as being a progressive club and over the past few years the club has set these 3 year, 5 year, 10 year plans and agendas as to where they want the club to be aiming for, and I am SURE that relegation is certainly not part of these plans...Relegation would be a big big setback for a club that is advancing and progressing and even though Mr Palios is a genius and our saviour, and he is making sure that the club will not be in a mess such as Bury, Bolton, Macc, Southend and others, I still think he will have to use more of this Indonesian money than he intended to when January comes around to bring in some new players and keep us in league one and keep us progressing...Someone stated in another post that it seems as if this season we are trying to stay up on the cheap, and its not working,,i agree with that...First and foremost is the stability of the club, which is what Mr P has done but I do think he might have to reconsider where the distribution of this new Indonesian money is going and spend more on some new players to keep us up...I believe we can stay up without overspending, but if we don't spend then relegation is a distinct possibility..Some clubs have proved in recent times that they can immediately bounce back after a relegation eg Rotherham, Barnsley, MK Dons...but at the end of the day relegation is a disaster and WE DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2019 14:57 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 14:56

Read the whole post, how can we put money into the team outside of the transfer window which, was closed.

I would be very surprised if there are not a number of additions in the January

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 20:34

From what I understand the investment was going to offset some non-league debts, be used for a 3G pitch and a few other things, and the remainder was going into budget.

I would expect however that when that level of investment comes again next year, which i would presume the investment deal to involve, any money no longer needed for improvements to things or debt recovery could be purely siphoned into budget like Sean Dyche said in the past the money no longer needed to support a new training facility build project was.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Elvis (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2019 16:47

https://i.imgflip.com/3jme4h.jpg

Posted by: Tranmere Tinker (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2019 18:21

It was always going to be a tough season, we are where I expected we would be. I think the Palios' are doing a great job and securing the future of the club at this level. I don't think we will be relegated but I imagine we will be lingering in the bottom group of teams all season. You have to invest off the field to generate the funds required to be a success on the field. Keep up the good work Palios'

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net