Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: WATFORD.
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 10:35

Quote:
Uptonrover
Perhaps a win on thursday would see player/s brought in friday from the guarenteed money we would get from the Utd cup tie

That is my way of thinking too, downside on that though is the pitch, that needs sorting out in the summer and thats gonna cost.if we beat Watford then where will the money from the Man Utd game be going to?

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 10:44

People saying it wouldnt be too bad if we went down...not so sure on that myself...I know the club has to be frugal and not spend beyond their means, but I dont think we would have to overspend too much in order to stay up and with a little bit of good fortune between now and end of season, we can stay up..We dont want to go down! Why? Its bloody hard work getting back up again...That pitch is gonna cost us though, inevitably money will have to be spent on it, but I have no idea how much?..

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 12:23

The money brought in by beating watford and just by playing utd may bring in a player or two that keep us up. Wont be superstars but im sure they are out there. Honestly speaking id not heard of Woodyard before we signed him but was very impressed with him sat. Im sure theres the equal but plays wing/upfront/defence

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 12:51

Surely even those fans who suffer from the modern day fear of winning cup matches would agree that beating Watford is highly desirable, if only to ensure that we eventually play Blackpool on a date when we have a reasonable amount of time to prepare for it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/01/2020 14:22 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 17:42

as it stands tonight - Tuesday January 21st 2020 - in the next few days we are playing Watford at home on Thursday January 23rd 2020, then either blackpool away on Saturday January 25th 2020 or Manchester united at home on sunday January 26th 2020. from were I stand and I know many Tranmere rovers fans agree with me I think we should forfeight the Watford game by playing the youth team and concentrating on getting 3 points at blackpool with a full squad. in fact its a pity we cannot pull out of the fa cup to put all our focus on staying in league one.

Date: 21 January, 2020 18:24

But you wanted a full team out against Leicester u21????

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 20:08

You know many fellow fans agree with you because you’ve canvassed the streets?

You play your best possible team to achieve what you need to in each game and that includes this one.

Posted by: The hirsute one (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 22:00

I don't know anyone who doesn't think we should go full tilt at Watford, especially now they are in the relegation places and cannot afford to play a strong side on Thursday. Progress may help or hinder us to stay in div 1 - who knows. But one thing is certain, playing united is worth hundreds of thousand £'s and the memories will be priceless. SWA

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 08:24

Indeed but we should never have agreed to play Blackpool on the Saturday: it seems the club has accepted the FAs decision without a whimper. Do we want to avoid relegation?
If there are extra time and penalties on Thursday that will give less than 40 hours break (our older players like Perkins and Danns will be absolutely drained) and no question we will get panned.
Just plain daft

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 08:29

Quote:
The hirsute one
I don't know anyone who doesn't think we should go full tilt at Watford, especially now they are in the relegation places and cannot afford to play a strong side on Thursday. Progress may help or hinder us to stay in div 1 - who knows. But one thing is certain, playing united is worth hundreds of thousand £'s and the memories will be priceless. SWA

OK, I’ll volunteer to suggest that the League is still 100% more important than the FA Cup. Getting relegated will cost us more financially as paying customers dwindle and season ticket sales fall, and we will get less money from the EFL as a League 2 club.

Date: 22 January, 2020 08:49

Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Indeed but we should never have agreed to play Blackpool on the Saturday: it seems the club has accepted the FAs decision without a whimper. Do we want to avoid relegation?

Any decision whether to postpone the Blackpool match would rest with the EFL, regardless of whether Tranmere agree with it or not. Refusing to honour the fixture would, of course, result in a points deduction.

Looking at a bigger picture, at a time when the managers of the big clubs are bleating more than ever about scrapping replays (or even one of the domestic cups), you can't help but think that having a full EPL schedule this week plus making us play on the Thursday/Saturday is all part of an agenda that will eventually bring about the changes the big boys are craving for.

Date: 22 January, 2020 10:27

Theres pros and cons for both sides of the argument. We are stuck with what it is so we have to get on with it. Personally id much rather be in this situation than have gone out to Wycombe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2020 10:28 by Uptonrover.

Date: 22 January, 2020 10:39

Woods and Hepburn-Murphy are back for tomorrow but Banks is out for three weeks with a quad injury.

Nearly 10,000 tickets sold as of last night.

Date: 22 January, 2020 11:01

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird

Any decision whether to postpone the Blackpool match would rest with the EFL, regardless of whether Tranmere agree with it or not. Refusing to honour the fixture would, of course, result in a points deduction.

Looking at a bigger picture, at a time when the managers of the big clubs are bleating more than ever about scrapping replays (or even one of the domestic cups), you can't help but think that having a full EPL schedule this week plus making us play on the Thursday/Saturday is all part of an agenda that will eventually bring about the changes the big boys are craving for.

Fair comment. Its just a shame the proposal made some years ago that the winners of each nations major domestic cup competition should be given a Champions League place, was blocked by the big clubs. If that had have been passed you would not see this dersiory attidued being applied by the clubs, and now the FA and EFL. A team finishing fourth in its domestic league then competing in a "Champions League" is a contradiction in terms.

Date: 22 January, 2020 11:43

Still seems daft that the rearranged replay didn't take place last night, with the Villa v Watford game postponed. Always used to work that way, with little problem. I assume it's because of various commercial obligations that EPL fixtures now take priority over the FA Cup.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 12:26

as we all know- in football there is one rule for the big clubs and another rule for the small clubs. Tranmere rovers has been put in a position were we are playing 2 games in 2 days and we should never of agreed to it. the owners should of put their foot down and told the football association to do one. I am not bothered one little bit that we could play the red mancs on sunday - as I have said 5 times already we should play the youth team v Watford end of story and any fan who does not agree does not have the best for the club at heart. the blackpool away match is a local derby and we should take a fully fit squad there and put in a good shift to get three points.

Date: 22 January, 2020 12:38

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2020 12:56 by Uptonrover.

Date: 22 January, 2020 12:38

Hilarious

Date: 22 January, 2020 12:44

Better brace yourself for more crushing disappointment then.

Given the rubbish you try to kid everyone on here you believe, that could be your epitaph!

Always sad when someone's life becomes so empty they feel they have to be controversial to be relevant. Especially because often they don't.

Date: 22 January, 2020 13:24

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Woods and Hepburn-Murphy are back for tomorrow but Banks is out for three weeks with a quad injury.
Nearly 10,000 tickets sold as of last night.

That's amazing. I'm in Oslo until Saturday, I just hope there is a live stream somewhere

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Current Page: 2 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net