Current Page: 1 of 3
V’s United
Posted by: This is sh1t (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 06:56

I believe this our 1st game ever home v’s mancs?
Looking forward to seeing this !

Re: V’s United
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 13:07

have just taken a look on one of the Man Utd fans forums, not many happy bunnies about and confidence is very low...one of the threads was titled, 'Tranmere v Man Utd, Who will be the first scorer?'.....some of the answers/replies made me laugh...

Their No 9 on 67 mins.
Connor Jennings 24 secs.
Don't know any of their players.
Aldridge 90 mins.

Date: 24 January, 2020 13:41

Really wish I could be there on Sunday.

Date: 24 January, 2020 13:46

my mate sent me this joke text today...

My son is taking part in a social experiment. He has to wear a Man Utd shirt for the next 2 weeks to see how people react. So far he has been spat at, punched and verbally abused..It will be interesting to see what happens when he leaves the house.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 13:53

Utd have sold all their tickets. Its the one game ive always craved to see since i started going in 1990.

Date: 24 January, 2020 16:30

This will be the first time we have ever faced Man Utd at Prenton in a competitive match, that now leaves only 1 of the 91 current clubs ( no Bury anymore ) that has never played in a competitive match at Prenton, Who is that club?...and for a bonus point, Which 3 current NL teams have never played in a competitive match at Prenton?

Posted by: Reremnart (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 16:38

Arsenal

Harrogate, Barnet and Chorley (unless you count Ben who have played there a load of times)

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 16:39

Quote:
hong kong rover
This will be the first time we have ever faced Man Utd at Prenton in a competitive match, that now leaves only 1 of the 91 current clubs ( no Bury anymore ) that has never played in a competitive match at Prenton, Who is that club?...and for a bonus point, Which 3 current NL teams have never played in a competitive match at Prenton?

Harrogate and Chorley in the NL.Salford in league

Posted by: Reremnart (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 16:43

We played Salford in the Boycottit Trophy a few months back

Date: 24 January, 2020 16:47

Quote:
Reremnart
Arsenal
Harrogate, Barnet and Chorley (unless you count Ben who have played there a load of times)

correct, well done

Date: 24 January, 2020 17:28

When we played Utd at Old Trafford in 1976/1977 in the League Cup 2nd round the attendance was 37,000 approx. and our share of the gate money was 9,000 quid...

UNITED

Stepney
Buchan
Houston
Nicholl
B.Greenhoff
Daly
Coppell
McIlroy
Macari
Pearson
Hill

ROVERS

Johnson
Mathias
Flood
Parry
Philpotts
Young
Kenny
Palios
Moore
Tynan
Allen

United eventually got knocked out in the Quarter Finals, losing 0-3 vs Everton at Old Trafford..Incidentally the Final that year Aston Villa v Everton was decided in a 2nd replay at Old Trafford, with Villa winning 3-2. The first match at Wembley finished 0-0 and the first replay at Hillsborough finished 1-1....

Q. Which 2 players in the Everton side vs Villa that night at Old Trafford in the Final 2nd replay later went on to play for Tranmere?

Date: 24 January, 2020 17:34

NB...look at that full strength United team back then vs Rovers, and this was only the 2nd round of the league cup...Different story now with all these top clubs...Mind you, saying that Solskjaer will probably play quite a strong side on Sunday, his job could well be on the line!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/01/2020 17:39 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 18:03

Man U as a business are driven by success to keep their domestic and foreign turnover healthy. If they've got a sniff of one of the domestic cups then I believe they will go for it. Could be a tough one for the Whites but we've already made a massive success of the FA cup (yet again) this season and hopefully will reap the benefits.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 18:37

I'm not overly bothered if we get beat on Sunday as we've done what we needed to do. Providing we don't get humiliated, all's good with me. For my son's sake, I want United to play their strongest team so he can get his FIFA fix and wreck my mind with a bombardment of stats and facts of the gaming world; can't wait!

Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 19:08

I was there. It all turned when Macari hit a shot from way out and it hit Dicky Johnson in the chest. He looked like he'd been shot by a twelve bore. Ronnie Moore had one decent crack at goal. Other than that it was a bit of a pasting.

Posted by: Pete SF (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 20:02

Wish I was there. I will have to watch it in the mad dog in the fog in San Francisco at 7am the doors open at 6am. Sausage and egg roll and a couple of pints be kick off. Enjoy the game come you rovers. PeteSF.

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 20:39

UTD will play a premiership side, top 4 looks in doubt, they demand trophies, if they loose or even draw to us OGS position is in serious jeopardy and Ed Woodward has come in to a lot of flack since the Burnley game, there fans were not happy after Burnley and I suspect only a 0-10 on Sunday will suffice from their fans point of view.

Date: 26 January, 2020 11:08

Interesting stat....Of all the clubs never to have played in the Premier League, none have knocked more top-flight sides out of the FA Cup than Tranmere ( seven times in total. )

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 11:27

Quote:
hong kong rover
Interesting stat....Of all the clubs never to have played in the Premier League, none have knocked more top-flight sides out of the FA Cup than Tranmere ( seven times in total. )

My son tells me we're equal with Millwall on that stat (not sure if that's fact). Anyhow, let's extend that record today (you can but dream or what's the point)!

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 11:53

Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
hong kong rover

My son tells me we're equal with Millwall on that stat (not sure if that's fact). Anyhow, let's extend that record today (you can but dream or what's the point)!
yes millwall on par with us

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net