Another one gone.
Posted by: Carruthers (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 23:07

I see Blackpool have sacked Simon Grayson

Re: Another one gone.
Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 13:07

Grayson has always been gracious in his comments about us and he would make a good future manager for Tranmere Rovers if ever that came to being.

Although I am sure he was the Leicester player who "saved" that shot from Aldo on the line in that Playoff SF in 1993 - which cost us promotion to the Premier League or what it was then. In fact he virtually caught the ball in one of a number of huge refereeing injustices we suffered in those 1990's play-offs and League Cup SF games.

Aldo turned appealing to the face of that incompetent b****** of a referee, whereas if he had stayed focused and put the ball in after the handball we would have been there.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 13:16

crazylegs cranebird - simon grayson was indeed the player who caught the ball on the goal line in the play off semi v Leicester from aldos shot. we were cheated in that match. if you remember aswell - the one and only brian little was manager of Leicester city then and also in goal for Leicester city was the one and only gavin ward who later in his career played for Tranmere and scored a goal for us from a goal kick.

Date: 13 February, 2020 13:22

Quote:
the baldy one
crazylegs cranebird - simon grayson was indeed the player who caught the ball on the goal line in the play off semi v Leicester from aldos shot. we were cheated in that match. if you remember aswell - the one and only brian little was manager of Leicester city then and also in goal for Leicester city was the one and only gavin ward who later in his career played for Tranmere and scored a goal for us from a goal kick.

Indeed! We were horrendously cheated against Swindon the season before, and also in both Aston Villa games that were in the February before the Leicester games.

I was there for that goal (I think it was against Cambridge in a 6-1 win). I also thought Brian was a good manager for Tranmere Rovers: we were also cheated in that crucial promotion game at Hull City.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 15:19

True colours shining out yet again...

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 15:35

Quote:
rossb07
True colours shining out yet again...
+1 wow good riddance that someone is no longer here Over a game of football thatโ€™s an all time low

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 16:22

Just out of interest do we have any admin monitoring this site anymore as personally I think that is a disgraceful comment by Baldy and needs to be removed.

Posted by: mill park white (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 17:11

I thought last week was a Baldy low point with his sexist and insulting comments about Vicky Jepson (which I think got removed). But this really is poor taste - I didn't think a Tranmere fan could ever stoop so low as to celebrate the death of a former referee.

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 19:17

Yep, we were screwed over. Stonewall

[m.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 19:18 by 2 the moon.

Date: 13 February, 2020 20:36

Quote:
2 the moon
[m.facebook.com]

How could that referee not give a penalty? There was no margin of error whatsoever.

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 20:49

Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
2 the moon
[m.facebook.com]

How could that referee not give a penalty? There was no margin of error whatsoever.
no idea, everyone saw it, everyone called it

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 09:14

mill park white - I find your comments staggering. lets get one thing straight- I was not in any way what so ever celebrating the fact that a former referee had passed away. you have twisted my words. what I said was the fact in two massive games for us he had two very poor performances and made decisions that were corrupt. its not my fault if you cannot read properly. now about Vicky Jepson - I agree I did slag her off but only because she was poking her nose into Tranmere rovers business. so are you now saying I cannot stick up for Tranmere rovers when some blonde bimbo is talking garbage.

Posted by: mill park white (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 23:25

Apologies for twisting your words Baldy. I just tried to re-read your comments in your original post to see how I could have made such a mistake. You know, the ones along the lines of -terrible referee -since deceased- good riddance- but they seem to have been removed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net