Current Page: 1 of 2
Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 07:41

Seems like only yesterday when Dale came to PP on the opening day and gave us a rude awakening to life in L1.

They looked like Barca at times with their passing and movement, and still have the highest possession stats (61%) of any team visiting PP in the league this season. But, as some on here predicted, their early season form eventually tailed off and this is now, of course, a relegation six pointer. Kind of..

Clarke's available, outside chance for Banks too. But Wilson and Woods are out for a couple more weeks and Ray misses out too with his groin injury.

Apparently their pitch is dodgy, so nothing new for either team there.

No idea how to call this one but I can't believe it'll be a similar game to last August. So with blind optimism I'll go for a 2-1 Rovers win.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2020 07:46 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: GentlemanJim (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 08:04

With no goals scored in 9 hours and 16 minutes of football I find it very hard to believe that we’ll score twice! If the pitch is dodgy we may play out a 0-0 draw?

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 08:53

surely we have to score a goal sometime. it has been so long since we scored, I cannot even remember who scored our last goal. I think it was big many v Ipswich, but I stand to be corrected. Rochdale fc are not a good team, they were lucky to win 3-2 at prenton park last august so as long as we keep ian Henderson quiet we have a chance to get a draw at least. I will go for a 1-1 draw.

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Marlow!'s foot (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 09:19

All we are saying is give us a gooooaaaall. A song for all seasons.

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 10:14

We're going to win at Rochdale 1-0 question is which Rochdale player is most likely to score the OG or perhaps it's combination of wind assist and their keeper.

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Elvis (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 11:02

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Seems like only yesterday when Dale came to PP on the opening day and gave us a rude awakening to life in L1.
They looked like Barca at times with their passing and movement, and still have the highest possession stats (61%) of any team visiting PP in the league this season. But, as some on here predicted, their early season form eventually tailed off and this is now, of course, a relegation six pointer. Kind of..

Clarke's available, outside chance for Banks too. But Wilson and Woods are out for a couple more weeks and Ray misses out too with his groin injury.



Apparently their pitch is dodgy, so nothing new for either team there.

No idea how to call this one but I can't believe it'll be a similar game to last August. So with blind optimism I'll go for a 2-1 Rovers win.

It's 'Barça' not 'Barca'

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: GentlemanJim (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 11:21

With 50mph + winds forecast for tomorrow the game could become a complete farce? A wind assisted mistake could clinch victory for either side. Hoping for the best but on present form fearing the worst!

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 12:04

I must admit i was taken back by how far ahead of us they were on that opening day. Getting two back made it look respectable but they were running rings around us

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 13:27

apparently a pitch inspection tomorrow morning according to the Supporters Association. Pitch is playable now but concerns about the surface with the amount of rain forecast. To my mind won't be a bad thing if off especially as if it is on it will be another terribly heavy pitch - gives Clarke, Banks et al another week to get fit and brings Woods and Wilson a week closer to being fit again..

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 13:30

Beat me to it ADD.
Here's Rochdale's statement in full: [www.rochdaleafc.co.uk]

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 14:39

I wouldn’t be too fussed if the game was off. Time to get a few more players fit. 👍

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Muir the merrier (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 15:54

And more importantly get some shooting practice in !!

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 17:33

Quote:
ADD
apparently a pitch inspection tomorrow morning according to the Supporters Association. Pitch is playable now but concerns about the surface with the amount of rain forecast. To my mind won't be a bad thing if off especially as if it is on it will be another terribly heavy pitch - gives Clarke, Banks et al another week to get fit and brings Woods and Wilson a week closer to being fit again..

and Ellis

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 18:18

Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
ADD
apparently a pitch inspection tomorrow morning according to the Supporters Association. Pitch is playable now but concerns about the surface with the amount of rain forecast. To my mind won't be a bad thing if off especially as if it is on it will be another terribly heavy pitch - gives Clarke, Banks et al another week to get fit and brings Woods and Wilson a week closer to being fit again..

and Ellis
Indeed and Gumbs is supposedly ahead of Ellis - he played 45 minutes in a friendly... not sure how long it takes after that to be in consideration??? i would have thought by now he would not be far off??

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 20:23

Gumbo is completely untried at this level and could not command a place even we were in the National. It is hard to see his fitness being a game changer

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Muir the merrier (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 22:40

Judging by the last few performances the entire squad look untried at this level .......

Tomorrow, prove us wrong Rovers and go out and perform like gladiators......something Steve Mungall did in every match, win or lose.

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: jim rockford (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 23:06

Quote:
Zint
I wouldn’t be too fussed if the game was off. Time to get a few more players fit. 👍
Also time to get a few more injured it's been that sort of season.

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 01:52

Not a bad thing if it was off. Have played a lot of football recently, so a break would not be bad. Also give the coaches time to drum it into the players what those things at each end of the pitch are for.

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 08:43

Quote:
DevonExile
Gumbo is completely untried at this level and could not command a place even we were in the National. It is hard to see his fitness being a game changer
True although he was having a great game in his comeback game until he got injured again poor lad. What I was interested in is if he was fit enough to play 45 minutes in a reserve game 2 or 3 weeks ago what happens after that? How long before you are available for selection (even if not picked).

Re: Rochdale (A) - match discussion
Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 09:09

The 10am pitch inspection seems odd. It hasn’t started raining on Wirral yet and we will get the storm about an hour before it hits Dale. I reckon we are going to be in ‘match abandoned’ territory. The last match I went to where this happened was the pre-season friendly v Walsall. When was the last time we had a competitive game abandoned?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net