Current Page: 1 of 3
Forum User Names
Posted by: Marlow!'s foot (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 07:41

Several centuries ago I used to play in the Wallasey Junior League. We had a young lad who's name was Eddie Marlow who, in a game, stubbed his foot in the turf while trying to shoot. He yelled out " me " effing " foot." It was not the done thing in those days for kids to swear on the field and his dad came on the pitch and dragged him off. For some reason the memory has stayed with me and I decided to use his name on the forum. Any story behind your user name.

Re: Forum User Names
Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 10:28

First saw a Rovers game In 1969.Yours is more imaginative!☺

Posted by: This is sh1t (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 11:28

I tried to create an new account several times but for some reason I had no success.
Finally I changed the username to this is @#$%& as I was getting p1ssed off - and of course that worked...

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 11:58

Yes - i know from time to time i can be a bit controversial, my user name comes from the fact about once a month i shave my head so its a like skinhead/bald so hence the user name.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 12:45

Mine after Eddie loyden who scored in the famous Victory at arsenal

Posted by: Hampshire White (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 12:52

I've lived in Hampshire for over 25 years after leaving the RAF

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 13:23

Mine is self evident !!

Posted by: mogsysmullet (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 13:33

I went to my first Rovers game in 1992 v Birmingham city we won 4-0 Aldo scored 2 as did Kenny Irons I can't remember who got the other but Johnny Morrisey and pat nevin were our wingers. What a midfield we had then what a team even! Great time to start going the games got me hooked on the rovers. Regarding Morrisey The man flew down the wing, Later on around 97-99 I just remember him having an all year round tan but his mop of hair as he raced down the wing made him my favourite player at the time hence my user name.

Posted by: Tommy Egg (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 14:06

Circe 1958 paying 1 old shilling to stand in the front row on the half way line on the former Borough
Road terrace ( getting to the ground an hour before kick off ) and watching the brilliant Tommy
Egglington flying down the wing with the waft of Elleman 's Rub in his wake !

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 14:32

Quote:
Tommy Egg
Circe 1958 paying 1 old shilling to stand in the front row on the half way line on the former Borough
Road terrace ( getting to the ground an hour before kick off ) and watching the brilliant Tommy
great penalty taker don't think he missed any

Posted by: Beamish Screamer (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 15:07

I was at school with Ken Beamish's brother which is why I started following Rovers. Ken was known for his shooting, although not always on target, but occasionally scored a screamer

Posted by: TimmySoft (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 15:36

Mine is not a reference to my anatomy

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 16:24

Mines boring like me my name is warren so people called me wozza in school so I went for that because I have know imagination

Posted by: Tommy Egg (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 17:20

Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Tommy Egg
great penalty taker don't think he missed any

Afraid I don't remember his pens but I think of George Payne in his green roll neck G K Jersey and buying pear drops at his sweet shop near Dacre Hill before going to the Regal Picture House ( now Tescos) .

Posted by: Toffeehater (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 17:29

Can't stand the blue sh#te lol

Posted by: mill park white (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 18:14

Quote:
Tranmere69
First saw a Rovers game In 1969.Yours is more imaginative!☺

Ditto - first game Tranmere v Barrow October 1969. 5-0 win and I was hooked.
Brought up on the Mill Park Estate, used to get the 41 bus with the old man, from the Rake pub and change at Bromborough Cross for the 28 up to Rock Ferry. Happy days, a long time ago.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 20:39

My first game was 1949 and DevonExile reflects 52 years away from the Wirral .The body ages but the passion for Rovers remains unchanged despite my periodic bouts of congenital pessimism

Posted by: mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 20:43

picked the screenname of the end-boss of the variant of poker i play

mrGr33n13 was the screen name of dan colman. he was the daddy of the online $1000-$5000 heads up single table tournaments. he could make and break poker careers, lead a cartel of players that had the high stakes tables locked down. was a top trash talker too.

he quit after winning a ridic sum playing live, but he was a legend in the format before solvers took over.

Posted by: Dupak (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 20:59

Mine is a very poor acronym from a football related song by Birkenhead's finest HMHB. I occasionally wear the shirt to away matches. Answers on a postcard please.

Posted by: mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 21:17

have you found the proper transformer yet?

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net