Current Page: 1 of 2
Worst Band seen live
Posted by: Hampshire White (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 12:49

A few to pick from here, but I'll kick off with the Pink Faries at the Liverpool Stadium. 1975ish Truly awful.

Re: Worst Band seen live
Posted by: Marlow!'s foot (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 13:05

Tangerine Dream at Sheffield City Hall. A great cure for insomnia.

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 13:22

That is so , so hard to choose . In fairness i've been to over 1000 gigs and i can count on one hand the bad one's .
Meat Loaf at Donnington - So dreadful me and my mate couldn't be bothered standing to watch.
Robin Trower at Liverpool Empire - OK If you're a Hendrix freak , not for me .
Laura M'Vula at Liverpool Academy - Just plain awful .
Caribou at the Kazimier - Sound was dreadful.
Lastly , although I didn't walk out ( As I did the above ) , I did fall asleep at Barclay James Harvest at the Empire in the early 80's .

Posted by: Hampshire White (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 13:30

I could have added Man, Liverpool Empire 1976ish, and Frupp, Liverpool Stadium 1975ish

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 13:38

And I forgot about Jeff Beck at the Summer Pops . Just a cacophony of noise coming from the stage , just a case of ' Look what I can do ' . Crap , so we walked out ( with quite a few more ).

Posted by: Beamish Screamer (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 15:10

Tangerine Dream played behind a dropped curtain if I remember correctly. Concert very forgettable though.

Posted by: spralos baldini (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 15:34

I got tickets to see the Ordinary Boys at the Carling Academy (o2 Academy) around 2004. I liked their first album but the second was average. A lot of their songs on the albums has trumpets in them but, I quote “we don’t have a trumpet player tonight because we couldn’t afford one!” Sounded awful and shortly after the gig matey boy stormed off ‘Never Mind the Buzzcocks’ because they made a joke about his girlfriend. 😂😂😂

Posted by: TimmySoft (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 15:35

I’ve seen many terrible bands, I’ve toured with a lot of them and had to witness the shitness every night for weeks on end!

I think the absolute worst we ever played with was probably Toyah Wilcox, she was pretty bad!

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 15:38

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts at the Empire sometime back in the 80s...Went with a mate, we weren't fans of hers but tickets were dirt cheap because they weren't selling well so we thought, why not, we had nothin' else to do.. lol...The Empire was barely a third full, she was just about ok, but her band were well naff...

Posted by: Marlow!'s foot (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 15:48

Also Saxon at one of the Manchester venues. Went because my girlfriend said they were brilliant. They might have been if they'd turned the amps down a bit. My ears are still bleeding.🙉

Date: 25 March, 2020 15:53

" border="0" alt="" />

Date: 25 March, 2020 15:55

This lot might kill the CORONAVIRUS off...some death metal festival somewhere in the Czech Republic....UTTER SHITE, LOL..

Date: 25 March, 2020 16:02

" border="0" alt="" />

Date: 25 March, 2020 16:03

from the same festival, i think...its called extreme obscene..lol....complete and utter dog w*nk. lol..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2020 16:05 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 16:32

Chemical bothers 94 ish just awful walked out of where I was sitting went to the bar till they finished they were supporting oasis

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 18:29

Red hot chili peppers. Looked like they couldn't be bothered just going through the motions. Stone Rose's on all 5 tines I've seen them.... just not a live band.

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 08:35

I was once forced to watch The Kids from Fame live at Wembley Arena. Come on, no one is beating that...

Date: 26 March, 2020 16:37

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
I was once forced to watch The Kids from Fame live at Wembley Arena. Come on, no one is beating that...

Hi Doogie, please tell me it was a female that dragged you along to Wembley to see that!...lol...

Date: 26 March, 2020 16:45

Saw the Robert Cray Band at the Hammersmith Odeon in the late 80s...A bit of a yawn fest to be quite honest...Not that they were musically inept, they were decent enough, but i dont go in for his syrupy, lovey sweet version of the Blues...For me, the Blues has to be lowdown, well strung and raunchy..

Posted by: mill park white (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 16:58

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost

I'll give it a go! Took a girl to see Shakin Stevens at Liverpool Empire. She was a big fan so I thought my chances afterwards would be good. Awful concert and didn't get past first base ☹

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net