Current Page: 1 of 3
Ollie banks
Posted by: Tranmere2003 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 20:07

If Ollie banks isn’t offered a new contract then I think palios need to rethink about his job, he’s a class player and so underrated, it’s stupid that he hasn’t been offered one when other teams want him, disgraceful.

Re: Ollie banks
Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 20:58

Class player but inconsistent and injury prone. Needs to work harder!

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 00:31

Agreed, disappears to often in games

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 06:10

a luxury item - we need grafters a la Harris esp in L2. Not for me.

Posted by: mogsy73 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 07:12

Jesus, Palios needs to think about his job - walofs

Banks is a good player and I'd like him to sign, nobody is going to start dishing out contracts in this environment, we haven't got a clue when our next paying gate is going to be - maybe Palios thinks it's more important that we have a club to support in the next few years than signing on players on expensive contracts that could put the club out of business

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 08:29

A luxury player. He goes missing too often.

Posted by: Tranmere2003 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 09:24

That’s very true, as long as we keep banks still interested in signing a new contract whenever it will be, we should be ok

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 10:07

Jennings is much more important than Banks. I just think Ollie isn’t interested in playing for us anymore.

Posted by: mogsysmullet (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 11:27

Jenno is more important to our midfield than banks. Yes Banks can pull it out the hat but in this climate can we afford a luxury player that is fit for half the season then turns up to half the games in that fit half season? As for Palios rethinking his job he's done a hell of a lot better than Lorraine Rogers or Jeremy Butler so I think he's safe for now winking smiley

Posted by: Free_Library_Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:15

Quote:
mogsy73
Banks is a good player and I'd like him to sign, nobody is going to start dishing out contracts in this environment, we haven't got a clue when our next paying gate is going to be - maybe Palios thinks it's more important that we have a club to support in the next few years than signing on players on expensive contracts that could put the club out of business

Absolutely spot on. It would be madness to sign players, and commit to paying wages when no date for the club earning money in the near future known.

Posted by: WirralHatter (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:22

Jennings to Stockport is as good as done

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:26

Quote:
WirralHatter
Jennings to Stockport is as good as done

Source?

Link?

Date: 01 July, 2020 17:30

Sources at our end

Just bought a house in Stockport and I believe his girlfriend is pregnant?

He’d be on more money here and playing right by his home

I’m not 100%, but pretty sure it’s done

Date: 01 July, 2020 17:34

What do you mean "sources at our end"? Be specific.

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:36

Quote:
mogsy73

To be fair a few clubs have started signing players over the past week in league 2, quite a lot of business done the last two days.

Two possibles as to the “real” reason we aren’t, we are skint and in trouble or the Chair thinks we have a decent chance of winning a legal battle for either compo or our lg1 spot back and budges will be set accordingly from their.

Date: 01 July, 2020 17:36

I’m hardly going to be giving names on a message board

As I say, I’m not 100% but would be very surprised if he wasn’t with us come the start of the season

Date: 01 July, 2020 17:40

Why not? You've been trolling this "story" for a while on here now so let's get to the bottom of it. Which sources? Where?

If it's just kids with active imaginations and Twitter accounts then don't bother. If it's anyone more credible, tell us more.

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:01

"More money here"
The sort of thing we were hearing from Stockport 10 years ago, before they were caught out for cheating and then punished.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:10

Quote:
WirralHatter
Sources at our end
Just bought a house in Stockport and I believe his girlfriend is pregnant?

He’d be on more money here and playing right by his home

I’m not 100%, but pretty sure it’s done

“Sources”. “I believe”. “Not 100% but pretty sure”.
So basically a mates mate mate said

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:26

To criticise MP is to completely miss the fact that with a major reduction in wages you cannot use old benchmarks to determine who should e retained. If we can get better than Banks for the same or less then it is shrewd to let him go.
As supporters we just judge on peformance. As Chair MP has to use best value judgements .

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net