Neil Danns
Posted by: mogsysmullet (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 11:24

I saw on the drink it in football podcast Neil Danns stated "If Tranmere want me to resign then I'll happily resign. I think its a great club going in the right direction"

I'd have him back think he offers more than Perkins and potter, looked like he still had more legs about him than them 2 and he has some height. Local lad, experienced and has a lot to offer in league 2.

Would you have him back?

Re: Neil Danns
Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 11:43

I liked Dave Perkins - he was great in our Lg2 promotion - but I guess his legs are going now.
Same with Danns and Potter

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:00

Danns is versatile which would be useful if we're entering an era of smaller squads. I've seen him fill in at full back and on the wing at times, and always gives 100%. I'd take him back for one more season if there's still life in the old legs

Posted by: Tranmere2003 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:33

Neil danns can play in a lot of positions and would be a very useful signing

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:45

Hope that's resign not resign

Posted by: Volvic345 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:46

I couldn’t agree with you more

Posted by: TRSince1968 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:46

Quote:
the kav
Hope that's resign not resign

Hope that's re-sign not resign not resign lol

Posted by: terribletid (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 13:04

I never thought Danns added very much in eithe rdirection. Perkins added more. Of all those with expired contracts, I'd only really be desperate to do something with McCullough and Jennings. Given the number of available players this summer, I can't see why we can't replace the others with better/younger...

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 13:15

Agree with terribletid. I was never a fan of Danns. Id make McCullough a priority with Ellis

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 13:50

I’d sign Danns over Mccullogh Danns, has not had meant fitness issues where as Mccullogh is a sick note. However we need to go easy on old legs with a smaller squad but do need some experience in their.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 13:53

Sicknote? The lad had a long term injury and that was all. Id use the term sicknote for someone having a few weeks out regually rather than one big unfortunate injury (with us)

Posted by: mogsysmullet (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 14:15

Upton Rover "The lad had a long term injury and that was all" When McCullough came to us on loan he was recovering from an ACL he'd done at Doncaster and whilst playing for us he suffered the same the same injury again Cruciate ligament. He's played/been fit for about 1 season in the last 3. That said when fit he is very good player however he's like James Wallace in a sense but I agree what was said above about Jennings and Ellis being our priority signings.

The question for Palios is are they good enough to get us up and keep us up and we were found wanting in League one as we didn't improve the squad in the summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 14:20 by mogsysmullet.

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 14:25

Quote:
mogsysmullet
Upton Rover "The lad had a long term injury and that was all" When McCullough came to us on loan he was recovering from an ACL he'd done at Doncaster and whilst playing for us he suffered the same the same injury again Cruciate ligament. He's played/been fit for about 1 season in the last 3. That said when fit he is very good player however he's like James Wallace in a sense but I agree what was said above about Jennings and Ellis being our priority signings.
The question for Palios is are they good enough to get us up and keep us up and we were found wanting in League one as we didn't improve the squad in the summer.

What you said, a good point also that players signed should have he proven ability to perform in a higher league not potential

Posted by: Volvic345 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 14:46

I personally think danns is much better than Perkins and creates more in attacking and gives a bit of bite in midfield like Harris did, he is old but will be good for one last season, he wants to joins back which is good. Mccoulgh danns Ellis banks and Jenno need to be signed but happy with just banks Ellis and danns/Jenno

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 15:00

It's a tricky one with Danns and Perks but only because of their age.

Only a year ago Danns had just captained Bury to automatic promotion from L2 and Perks was obviously a catalyst for our promotion from L2. But neither really imposed themselves on L1, hence Woodyard coming in.

Only MM and the two lads themselves will know if they've another full (and successful) season in them at L2. But, from the outside looking in, signing both of them might be too big a gamble.

Posted by: Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:15

Had to many old legs last season. Only need one pair and would be either Danns or Perkins. Danns more likely to score so that would shade it, as much as I've appreciated Perkins contribution over the last 2 seasons. Also agree we need to sign McCullough and Ellis.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:28

I would have Woodyard before any of the above

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 23:12

Agreed Woodyard looked a much better signing

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 15:34

I completely agree. this season we had far to many old players. we should of changed our name to oap rovers. i was amazed none of them toppled over without their zimmer frames. we need young players to run round the pitch. all these old age pensioners did not have the stamina to complete 90 minutes. the worst one was neil danns. complete waste of time and space. he should of stayed at bury fc. then we had david perkins. slightly better but still over age. what makes this worse is - all the oldies were in the same position in midfield and also they did not score any goals. so our midfield was basically not there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net