Hepburn-Murphy to Tranmere
Posted by: Tranmere2003 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:43

Rumours say that we are interested in signing him back and he is willing to return, what do you thinking
Very good player to have for free

Re: Hepburn-Murphy to Tranmere
Posted by: Volvic345 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:45

Very good player with bags of potential, pace upfront of Corey and fez and him would be unstoppable

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:47

Was being linked with Championship and L1 clubs on the rumour sites recently. Love it if we could get him though.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 13:17

Other than the mk dons match i struggled to see what he brought to the team. He was fast but thats about it imo

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 13:48

Personally don’t think he offered much however that is more than likely down to how much we struggled as a side last season than his ability, ultimately if you aren’t creating than your forward will be ineffective. Certainly worth a contract.

Posted by: mogsysmullet (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 14:17

I'd have him, Mellon loves to take a player and improve them he struggled playing in the mud on our "pitch" now its been re-laid I think him Morris CBT could do a hell of a lot of damage to opposition defences with their pace.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 14:20

Tried and tested policy in l2 2 good wingers with a big forward and a goalscorer is usually enough to get you top 7...... if you add a good defence top 3. Same every season

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 14:37

Yes, he will be also stronger and hopefully not quite as random in front of goal.

However - Ellis has to be the top priority.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 14:46

would be a very good signing as long as he does not smash any more windows - just joking.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:30

Of all last year's loans Wilson for me is the one with th best future

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 17:01

Not a good signing - too peripheral for too much of many games. We need grafters at l2 level. He wil want to stay higher than L2 anyhow...

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 21:59

Quote:
ADD
We need grafters at l2 level. He wil want to stay higher than L2 anyhow...

Then again he might surpise you and sign, assuming he was offered anything to begin with of course.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 15 July, 2020 19:30

Hepburn-Murphy has signed for Pafos in Cyprus!

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 19:58

Hardly a step up

Posted by: Winsfordrover11 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 20:10

Not a step up no but will be on a lot more money definitely

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 20:19

Would he though? Their stadium only holds 8,500 so unless they're getting big money broadcast deals, then assuming their attendance were only around 1,000 more than Tranmere and the broadcast monies were similar to league 1, then the money wouldn't be much more, but then if he could go somewhere else for even another £500-£1,000 better ot do that ten wait for a club to signi him who right now might not evne be recruiting players.

As the Palios' have not completely givev up a legal challenge, or not last time Mark spoke, then it would seem any managers budget would as yet not be 100% concrete, so who let someone loose with a budget that could be possibly 10%-20% better in the long-term, because then it's setting the squad up to potentially underperform, by not allowing for the maximisation of recruitment relevant to viable spend.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 20:27

Clubs aren’t offering deals to out of contract players as they don’t know when the season is due to start, so in his position as a young out of contract footballer if a firm offer is on the table he would be stupid not to take it.

Date: 15 July, 2020 20:32

Top flight in Cyprus is certainly a step up from L2. More or less on a par with the SPFL, arguably better if you took Celtic or Rangers out of it.

Russian money man backing them, Cameron Toshack manager (was in the running for the Swansea job with Mellon last year!), Jason Puncheon and a couple of Cypriot internationals on the books.

Still a very strange move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/07/2020 20:53 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: stek26 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 23:24

Spent 7 months in Nicosia last year with work, got loads of free tickets to Apoel & Omonia. Went to quite a few games, I can confirm it is not a step up from L1 or L2 in fact.

They think Matt Derbyshire is Maradona, to be fair he was knocking on the goals.
But it’s full of south Americans & Spanish. Only one I recognised was Jordi Gomez and he is getting on abit, again he is made to look like Pele.

If he’s got the right attitude and is not going for the sun then he should do well. With the exception of a couple of players in a couple of teams, the vast majority only earn a few hundred euro a week, if that.

We also played the Olmpakos Nicosia u21 team in a friendly, all of them including some of the first team have second jobs

Date: 16 July, 2020 00:22

Quote:
stek26
Spent 7 months in Nicosia last year with work, got loads of free tickets to Apoel & Omonia. Went to quite a few games, I can confirm it is not a step up from L1 or L2 in fact.
They think Matt Derbyshire is Maradona, to be fair he was knocking on the goals.
But it’s full of south Americans & Spanish. Only one I recognised was Jordi Gomez and he is getting on abit, again he is made to look like Pele.

If he’s got the right attitude and is not going for the sun then he should do well. With the exception of a couple of players in a couple of teams, the vast majority only earn a few hundred euro a week, if that.

We also played the Olmpakos Nicosia u21 team in a friendly, all of them including some of the first team have second jobs

16th in the UEFA coefficients. Scotland marginally ahead in 14th.
Different type of football for sure, less entertaining too I imagine, but the performances of their clubs in Europe is comparable with the SPFL's. That seems to be the level Pafos are aspiring too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net