Current Page: 1 of 6
Mellon Leaving?
Posted by: ScottishFan (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 16:19

He's second favourite with pretty much all bookies to become Dundee United's new manager. Seems a bit random to just be nothing in it. Don't think he'll be their next manager personally, but surprised it's not been commented on.

[m.skybet.com]

Re: Mellon Leaving?
Posted by: Toffeehater (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 16:25

Nah, wasn't he 'favourite' for the Kilmarnock ( ooops,meant St Mirren lol) job a few years back and supposedly even had an interview . Turned out to be complete bo##ocks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 16:59 by Toffeehater.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 16:31

Reports earlier in the week said he was "on their list" - whatever that means - though Mackay and McClaren were front runners and supposedly in talks with the club.

Bearing in mind that when St Mirren merely spoke to MM a couple of years ago - along with dozens of other people - the rumour mill quickly twisted it into him being interviewed for the job, it's probably not worth worrying about.

And of course he was odds-on favourite for Swansea this time last year!

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 16:37

He was nailed on for the st Mirren job this time last year

Posted by: Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:21

See Steve McClaren at 6/1. Jon Daly 20/1, is that the golfer? Would be par for the course if he got it!!

Date: 01 July, 2020 17:49

McClaren was offered the job and turned them down. Was odds on last night.

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:57

Did your team vote to relegate Hearts and Partick Thistle?

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 19:17

Danny Cadamarteri played for them a while back. Bet they don't interview him, as it would be like signing Joey Barton, but with less of a not whiter than white reputation.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 13:02

Are we really doing this one again?

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 13:34

Got an interview according to my contact who is a football writer

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 14:35

Hear we go again .every year the same rumours I heard cos my mate said who knows a press guy who is married to a Scotsmen who supports queen of the south who drinks in a pub just outside the ground where third larnock used to.play who met a guty who used to hunt the lockers monster who brother used to know Robert the Bruce who used to read the news on outer Mongolia radio 6 we used to go to school with a guy who watched queen of the south and if he don't know then no one does

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 16:57

he should come cheap with a relegation on his CV...

Posted by: FloodlitFridays (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 17:11

Quote:
ADD

Relegation? More like an expulsion due to an arbitrary mid-season rule change. And his multitude of promotions vastly outweighs that, anyway. There's always a subtle undercurrent of nastiness and hostility that accompanies your posts about MM, something that'll always boggle me.

Date: 02 July, 2020 17:26

That's Mellon 1/3 on with SkyBet.

Date: 02 July, 2020 22:45

Now 5/1 on...

Posted by: Tranmere Tinker (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 23:00

If only I could lay that bet, easy money

Date: 02 July, 2020 23:05

Quote:
FloodlitFridays
Quote:
ADD

Relegation? More like an expulsion due to an arbitrary mid-season rule change. And his multitude of promotions vastly outweighs that, anyway. There's always a subtle undercurrent of nastiness and hostility that accompanies your posts about MM, something that'll always boggle me.
It was an attempt at humour but obviously wasted on you at least!!
BTW it is not nastiness or hostility for heaven's sake just because someone does not 100% share your view on MM. I think this season he was average at best and we should not have been where we were when COVID intervened.. you I am sure disagree but I don't go on about your views.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 23:09

I don't suppose it makes a blind bit of difference but please don't go Mickey. You have regained the feeling between the fans and the club. Anyway if you do go Thanks for everything

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 23:22

He's been given the green light to have talks with them according to latest news. Hope he doesn't go but good luck to him if he does

Date: 02 July, 2020 23:28

A journalist that's known to be pretty spot on in Scotland (But it's the Sun so I won't link) has confirmed that United have been given permission by Tranmere to have talks.

Current Page: 1 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net