Club Statement on Twitter.
Posted by: Kennel (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 10:26

Very interesting reading! Make your own mind up!

Re: Club Statement on Twitter.
Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 10:39

Quote:
Kennel
Very interesting reading! Make your own mind up!
whats it about mate not on Twitter

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 10:57

Presumably this: [www.tranmererovers.co.uk]

I hope there's a method in the madness because, on the face if it, the club is making a laughing stock of itself, banging on about something so trivial.

Two possibilities - either 1) it's landing some heavy political blows on the EFL as part of our bigger political struggle with them, or 2) the club knows it's lost that struggle, is chucking the toys out the pram, and consoling itself by trying to score cheap points to appease/galvanise the fans.

I really hope it's not 2).

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 11:33

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Presumably this: [www.tranmererovers.co.uk]
I hope there's a method in the madness because, on the face if it, the club is making a laughing stock of itself, banging on about something so trivial.

Two possibilities - either 1) it's landing some heavy political blows on the EFL as part of our bigger political struggle with them, or 2) the club knows it's lost that struggle, is chucking the toys out the pram, and consoling itself by trying to score cheap points to appease/galvanise the fans.

I really hope it's not 2).
I agree totally. I think it is 1 though. It's pretty clear that the club statement hints, about as strongly as it can without risking defamation, that someone in the EFL hierarchy has instructed the comments to be disabled and removed because of timing and backlash from our fans, thinking no one would notice, and then enabled them again. They really should know better. The EFL are trying to sweep this under the carpet, but it's just more ammunition, particularly around the notion of a fair and unbiased appeal I would think. The EFL would probably have been better acknowledging it.

Parry's world seems to be caving in around his ears at the moment. If we proceeded with litigation and won then you'd have to think that would be the final nail in his coffin. At the risk of going all CC... good.

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 12:05

Very strange

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] đź‘Šđź‘Š

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 12:09 by Crazylegs Cranebird.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 13:27

The EFL akin to the FBI! In this case Fumbling Bloody Idiots!
Not quite the intrigue of the X-Files though!
Let's just put it down to human "error".
The plot thickens........da, da dah!

Posted by: NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 18:14

I can't claim to know the reasons behind the publication of this club statement but I would think it would be simply to place in the public domain the official response given by the EFL. It seems odd that the EFL were able to stop the issues immediately once they were reported, which suggests to me that they knew exactly why these issues were happening. If the EFL are subsequently found to have lied with their official response then that becomes a serious offence which disadvantaged Tranmere Rovers. That would open up legal avenues to seek compensation.

This is just me thinking out loud. I have no inside information.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 18:38

The club have put out the same news titled..... club statement mellon! Practical joke me and loads of others fell for it

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 21:32

It’s making us look a bit daft tbh

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 21:39

If you look again, it was NOT from Tranmere’s twitter, a fan doing a prank TranmereRoversFC⏱ @tranmereroverz this is not tranmere’s twitter, but looks very similar, fooled many peeps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 21:47 by trfc-boi.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 15:43

Thanks boi I was being a bit thick.... yes your right it was

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net