Current Page: 1 of 6
New Tranmere manager ?
Posted by: Volvic345 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 15:08

There is talks about John mcgreal leaving Colchester and possibly joining us which would be good, Ronnie Moore is to old, Paul cook won’t drop down to league 2, I think he might be the man, what do you think?

Re: New Tranmere manager ?
Posted by: Volvic345 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 15:11

Nigel clough is another shout, great manager and is from Liverpool. He’ll know lots of good players from higher and lower leagues which is what we need as a manager.

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 15:12

Quote:
Volvic345
Nigel clough is another shout, great manager and is from Liverpool. He’ll know lots of good players from higher and lower leagues which is what we need as a manager.

Played for Liverpool in the 80's but born in Derby I think?

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 15:15

Born in sunderland

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 15:27

Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
Volvic345

Played for Liverpool in the 80's but born in Derby I think?
90’s even

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 15:45

Used to managing a a very low budget at Burton, experienced of championship/league 1 and non league. Presumably good contacts. Crucially not with a club so no compensation. Ticking lots of boxes. Weather he woukd be interested is a question but why not?!

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 15:51

Quite a lot of fans have said ryan lowe- no way. ryan lowe owes the tranmere rovers fans an apology. until he apologises he can do one. ryan lowe signed a two year contract at tranmere rovers, then he walks out after only a year. who the hell does he think he is. he can rot at plymouth for all i care.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 16:19

In this he showed that he is hard headed and for that reason it is hard to believe he will join us for we are unlikely to offer the same salary

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 16:52

Anyone in admin or in know can join the 7 threads about the managerial position at Tranmere together would be great why so many threads

Posted by: davep63 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 16:58

Quote:
Wozza
Anyone in admin or in know can join the 7 threads about the managerial position at Tranmere together would be great why so many threads
Agreed why so many threads on the same subject SWA

Re: New Tranmere manager
Posted by: pc1968 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 16:59

My understanding is that Ryan Lowe did not “do one”
He scored 20 goals in a struggling team
A tremendous effort
He signed a 2 year deal in 2013 so only had another 1 year to run at may 2014
Ryan asked for that 1 year to be extended to 2
Jeremy butler said no he was too old
Another club offered him 2
He was still very fit
I think Ryan Lowe would have undoubtedly carried on scoring
Certainly at least the following season
He would have been playing at a Lower level in league 2
Who’s to say he wouldn’t have scored another 20
Even 15
Those extra goals would have probably earned us another 10 points and kept us in the football league
I think our top goalscorer that season was max power with just 7

Someone capable of scoring 20 goals and I repeat in a struggling team is someone you make every effort to keep
In my view a very poor decision by Jeremy butler who as I recall wasn’t at the club much longer

Sometimes I think we make our own difficulties

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 18:34

Spot on PC...... we would have been mid table too if we had kept him. A goalscorer makes a massive difference at l2 level . Wd saw that with our mediocre team going up thanks to nors goals

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 18:56

Quote:
the kav
Spot on PC...... we would have been mid table too if we had kept him. A goalscorer makes a massive difference at l2 level . Wd saw that with our mediocre team going up thanks to nors goals

Mediocre? All those mediocre clean sheets and all those mediocre chances we created for our lone striker in our mediocre 4-5-1 system?

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 19:25

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
the kav

Mediocre? All those mediocre clean sheets and all those mediocre chances we created for our lone striker in our mediocre 4-5-1 system?

We were pretty mediocre especially August to feb. We didnt create that much just had a class finisher who took what came along. The example being when we beat lincoln... they @#$%& on us

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 19:43

On good authority its going to be John McGreal

Posted by: FloodlitFridays (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 19:54

Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
the kav

We were pretty mediocre especially August to feb. We didnt create that much just had a class finisher who took what came along. The example being when we beat lincoln... they @#$%& on us

We were a comfortable mid-table side before the January additions. Without them, and in spite of Norwood's goals, we would have finished well outside the playoffs. Ultimately, it was the mid-season additions that were the decisive pieces in the promotion puzzle. Also, Lincoln barely created anything after the 20th minute of that game. Mellon's formation change won it for us in the second half which we edged overall.

Posted by: Muir the merrier (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 20:03

If it's McGreal I don't think it's a bad choice.
Tough squad rebuilding job ahead but sooner the appointment the better in my opinion.

Re: New Tranmere manager
Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 20:53

[b][/b]
Quote:
pc1968
My understanding is that Ryan Lowe did not “do one”
He scored 20 goals in a struggling team
A tremendous effort
He signed a 2 year deal in 2013 so only had another 1 year to run at may 2014
Ryan asked for that 1 year to be extended to 2
Jeremy butler said no he was too old
Another club offered him 2
He was still very fit
I think Ryan Lowe would have undoubtedly carried on scoring
Certainly at least the following season
He would have been playing at a Lower level in league 2
Who’s to say he wouldn’t have scored another 20
Even 15
Those extra goals would have probably earned us another 10 points and kept us in the football league
I think our top goalscorer that season was max power with just 7

Someone capable of scoring 20 goals and I repeat in a struggling team is someone you make every effort to keep
In my view a very poor decision by Jeremy butler who as I recall wasn’t at the club much longer

Sometimes I think we make our own difficulties
spot on , my thoughts exactly . He had a family to provide for ( As most of us do ) and wanted that security . We never gave him that security so he sought it elsewhere . Anyone would do the same and I thought the verbal abuse he got from a few at Gigg Lane was totally uncalled for . He owes NO-ONE an apology !!

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 21:39

Too true. Lowe wasn't given what he was worth. How can a guy scoring 20 goals for you not be given a one year extension. Butler made a big mistake and it could have been a big catalyst for Tranmere being in the NL for 3 years, because a guy with a 25+ goal league 2 rep, would have made a difference in trying to keep Tranmere up.

If anything Butler owes people an apology not Lowe.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 21:44

Quote:
Matt34
Too true. Lowe wasn't given what he was worth. How can a guy scoring 20 goals for you not be given a one year extension. Butler made a big mistake and it could have been a big catalyst for Tranmere being in the NL for 3 years, because a guy with a 25+ goal league 2 rep, would have made a difference in trying to keep Tranmere up.
If anything Butler owes people an apology not Lowe.
yes matt butler was a bad choice for us.think he was bit of a bluff merchant. And now he's got a top job in Australia mad eh.

Current Page: 1 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net