Current Page: 1 of 3
Micky Mellon - A Tribute
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 21:23

I would like to pay tribute to the great work micky mellon has done over the past 4 years. in his first match as tranmere rovers boss - we smashed wrexham 2-0 at prenton park and then it was success after success. three trips to wembley and two promotions made him our most successful boss since john king. apart from the trips to wembley - other noteable games were - 9-0 v solihull moors at prenton park, 3-0 v aldershot town away in play off semi first leg, 4-2 v ebsfleet at prenton park in another play off semi final, 1-0 v forest green at prenton park in play off semi. games we will never forget. i want to wish micky all the best at dundee united, and i just hope he smashes celtic fc next season. how about having a pre season friendly at prenton park - tranmere v dundee united if not thanks for the memories micky and good luck.

Re: Micky Mellon - A Tribute
Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 22:25

I totally get why hes going. So much potential at dundee united. In the 80s they beat Roma and Barcelona over two legs and went to european semis and a final. All done with local lads
I know times are different however there is certainly potential there

Posted by: Wozza (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 22:29

He goes with his head held firmly but they’ll still be that fan who’s bitter and slag Mellon off

Posted by: Muir the merrier (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 22:30

It will be interesting to know what the Dundee United fans will make of their trio of midfield pre season signings......

Perkins Potter Danns

Posted by: Pete SF (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 22:33

A great job 3 Wembley appearances. 2 promotions.You done tranmere proud. Good luck in your new post .

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 23:05

If Hearts win their case then Dundee United won't even be in the top division next season.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 23:32

Plus they’ve got fines to pay outstanding regarding that too for some reason.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 07:18

Quote:
Muir the merrier
It will be interesting to know what the Dundee United fans will make of their trio of midfield pre season signings......
Perkins Potter Danns

If you have a look on their forum, it clear that they are not impressed. They were after a big name and they get a guy from the bottom league in England. I think he will have his work cut out winning them over.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 07:20

You must be reading a different forum - plenty of positive comments on them mentioning his prmotions...

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 09:14

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
If Hearts win their case then Dundee United won't even be in the top division next season.

do you honestly believe Hearts will?

Date: 06 July, 2020 09:29

Quote:
Crazylegs Cranebird
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

do you honestly believe Hearts will?

Well the court rejected Dundee United's (+the other 2 promoted clubs) attempt to throw out Hearts' case so it does have some legs, even though the court referred it to arbitration rather than ruling on it itself.

Fwiw I don't reckon Hearts will get the relegation overturned, but they may well get compensation.

Obviously if they do get reinstated that'd really open the door for us. So still a possibility that we could end up in L1 while MM languishes in the second tier in Scotland! What a twist that'd be! Unlikely though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2020 09:32 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: terribletid (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 10:07

Suspect Andy Cook would do a job for MM in SPL. After all, Ryan Bowman was handy at Motherwell for a while.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 10:28

Nors to follow him? Not really hit it off with Ipswich fans

Posted by: EBAWB (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 10:40

Micky may well be going to Dundee and good luck to him but they can't have all of him. His heart is at Tranmere 💙. You only have to look at the footage of his unbridled joy as he ran on to the Wembley turf after Borehamwood to know that.

Every ball's a white ball

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 11:59

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

If hearts win the spl will bottle it and let both up I think

Posted by: mogsy73 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 12:23

I would like to pay tribute to the great work micky mellon has done over the past 4 years. in his first match as tranmere rovers boss - we smashed wrexham 2-0 at prenton park and then it was success after success. three trips to wembley and two promotions made him our most successful boss since john king. apart from the trips to wembley - other noteable games were - 9-0 v solihull moors at prenton park, 3-0 v aldershot town away in play off semi first leg, 4-2 v ebsfleet at prenton park in another play off semi final, 1-0 v forest green at prenton park in play off semi. games we will never forget. i want to wish micky all the best at dundee united, and i just hope he smashes celtic fc next season. how about having a pre season friendly at prenton park - tranmere v dundee united if not thanks for the memories micky and good luck.

Couldnt agree more with this, all the best for the future Mickey

Date: 06 July, 2020 12:25

Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

If hearts win the spl will bottle it and let both up I think

I agree. There'd be uproar if they tried to reverse a promotion a couple of weeks before the season starts. Hearts are only arguing the promotions have to be reversed because the league has said you can't have promotion without relegation, but Hearts are only bothered about the relegation.

Posted by: FazakerleyRover (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 14:16

He has been a class act since he was appointed. Nothing but thanks to ya Micky. If the season was had been played out im sure you would of been leaving us in league 1. Cheers Micky lad all the best and thanks for the boss day at wembley

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 14:22

No hard feelings at all from me, he has every right to pursue his dream back home in Scotland and I wish him all the very best.
He's been brilliant in the 4 years through good times and bad, though mostly good. To me he is one of the top 2 or 3 all-time great Tranmere managers.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 16:56

Quote:
ADD
You must be reading a different forum - plenty of positive comments on them mentioning his prmotions...

this is the one i was reading
[tekelterrors.boardhost.com]

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net