Managers announcement
Posted by: Every balls a white ball (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 22:44

When do you think Tranmere will announce our new manager? we are starting to miss out on some decent free transfers?

Re: Managers announcement
Posted by: ptay II (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 22:50

Next Wednesday

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 22:57

Quote:
Every balls a white ball
When do you think Tranmere will announce our new manager? we are starting to miss out on some decent free transfers?

MP has got his agent, Anonymoose, working on a shortlist, EBAWB! smiling smiley

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 07:12

When there is an agreement on next seasons start date

Posted by: Free_Library_Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 10:18

Quote:
Every balls a white ball

Even with a manager we won't be signing anyone soon. Palios stated that in the recent Q & A.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 10:35

Quote:
Free_Library_Boy
Quote:
Every balls a white ball

Even with a manager we won't be signing anyone soon. Palios stated that in the recent Q & A.

He said that whoever the new manager is, he'll have a decent squad capable of winning promotion back to EFL 1, that doesn't sound like we won't be signing anyone soon to me?

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 14:45

In fairness that is what every chairman would say at this stage

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 15:05

The manager will be appointed when Robbie Fowler and Benitez finish their pints in the Halfway House and then realise that Clint Hill is the best option 👍

Posted by: TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 14:33

MP is in no rush to appoint according to Beeb

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 15:24

Quote:
TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
MP is in no rush to appoint according to Beeb

Late recruitment and panic buying was our downfall last summer.

There is currently an abundance of decent talent this year, but we don't have a manager ,so being in no rush is a bit more of the same isn't it?

I totally agree that we need to recruit the right man for the job, but wait too long and we'll be left with everyone else's cast offs.

Mark Palios stated that his aim is to see us pushing for promotion at the end of next season. With this in mind, surely we need to start assembling a promotion winning team sooner rather than later?

I'm sure he knows what he's doing, but it's very unnerving when we see quality players signing up for our rival teams and were in no rush to appoint a new manager.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 16:38

I think the "no rush" quote is from last week's interview with MP. Though he actually said as soon as possible but no rush.

Wouldn't be surprised if we appoint someone this week. Can't see why it'd need to drag on longer than that, especially as EFL are supposed to be choosing a start date for next season very soon

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 08:07

We’ve really could do with making an appointment soon, even The Cheshire Phoenix basketball team are signing players for next season, I suspect our budget is bigger and more stable than there’s!

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 12:10

Believe the Owners(Mark and Nicola)are a board on holiday at this moment in time, so no panic long way to go yet .
If they are I'm sure they have it in mind what way to go forward from here. just leave in their hands

Posted by: Aldo40 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 12:17

Didn’t realise they could surf board 😄

Posted by: prentonpete1 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 14:05

Nobody's mentioned Kevin Nolan have they another Scouser looking for work I think he's available.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 10:59

Jacko now 4/6 favourite on skybet! McGreal second at 7/4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net