Monthe Twitter
Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 17:23

See he has released some promotional videos on twitter. Obviously looking to engineer a move with trials banned due to Covid. I see he’s left off the assist at PP for Sunderland amongst some other let’s say atrocious passages of play he was involved in. Personally I’d loan him out to Poulton Vics, if the videos are to garner a move, for the rest of his contract. No issues with players who want a move but don’t be public about it or come out and tell the fans first.

Re: Monthe Twitter
Posted by: davep63 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 18:14

If he wants out just get shut and take the money, he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is SWA

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 18:38

IT depends what signal the club had given. If contracted players have been to
told that the club will not stand in their way if there is an offer from another club then he can hardly be blamed. With no announcement about any offers to those out of contract it is pretty difficult to read the clubs position

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 19:04

Quote:
Bored rover
See he has released some promotional videos on twitter. Obviously looking to engineer a move with trials banned due to Covid. I see he’s left off the assist at PP for Sunderland amongst some other let’s say atrocious passages of play he was involved in. Personally I’d loan him out to Poulton Vics, if the videos are to garner a move, for the rest of his contract. No issues with players who want a move but don’t be public about it or come out and tell the fans first.

Put my thoughts on the tweet about 3pm. It's clearly a promo vid to attract other clubs

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 20:38

It's been touted since his first season with us that he is slightly home sick and would prefer a move back down south.

He's a talented player and very physical, but not the best centre back ever to wear a Rovers shirt.

If he's adamant he wants to move on, then cash in and sign Ellis to replace him?

No brainer for me.

Regardless of how good he is or could be, if his hearts not in it, then surely he needs to go.

My concern is that we need to get a decent fee for him as he will need replacing.

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 20:54

Quote:
Bored rover

In my opinion, I think that’s unfair and unreasonable to expect a player to do that. To “come out and tell the fans first” would be unprecedented for a professional footballer with a year left on his contract.

You cite the few mistakes he made in a purple patch for the whole team in League 1.

What about the big contributions he made in our VNL and L2 seasons ??

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 21:16

Quote:
jonesy792
Quote:
Bored rover

In my opinion, I think that’s unfair and unreasonable to expect a player to do that. To “come out and tell the fans first” would be unprecedented for a professional footballer with a year left on his contract.

You cite the few mistakes he made in a purple patch for the whole team in League 1.

He wants to leave though, so let's cash in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/07/2020 21:17 by pez.

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 21:51

Quote:
jonesy792
Quote:
Bored rover

Over rated by miles, if Pompey take him off our ands we’ve done them over good and proper. Palios May aswell start driving around in that Cobra wearing a zoro mask shouting Stand and Deliver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/07/2020 21:52 by Bored rover.

Posted by: mogsysmullet (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 11:28

He's a Left Sided Centre back which is a rare commodity and under the guidance of Clarke I can only see Monthe getting better. He is more than proven at LG2 level and of course i'd love for him to be here next season but that said do we want a Norburn situation or a Norwood and Cook one? For me goals cannot be replaced when we lost cook we had Nors when we lost Nors we didn't replace him and we struggled in LG1. We dropped Monthe for Ellis and Clarke and we were stable again then Monthe comes back for Blackpool plays a blinder. Mellon replaced Mcnulty seamlessly and Monthe was replaced to after his mistakes early in 2020. I would rather cash in as we've lost a lot of money which reduces budgets etc. and i'd rather cash in and use that to build a squad capable of competing in LG2. He will be a loss of course but do the business early so we aren't scratting round last minute for a CB and end up with a cole Stockton-esque deal on deadline day Stephen Foster, Kevin Gray to name a few!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net