Current Page: 1 of 3
No transfers made = Frustrated Tranmere fans
Posted by: Volvic345 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 11:37

As a Tranmere fan, I feel ashamed of MP or MJ for not making any signs of giving new contracts to players or signing anyone, we’ll end up with Academy players who i personally don’t rate, defence besides right back and Ellis is sorted, wingers sorted, ferrier will be good for us next season but we need someone next to him, would like to see how Payne does in league 2 but better of with Vaughan. In regards to midfield, Banks Woodyard is a priority, following with LM and Neil danns. The fact is that a lot of teams have returned to training and our players are still on furlough, it’s a tough with no guarantee when to start but we should at least be training and signing players for £0 plus there wages. Frustrated is the only way to describe how all Tranmere fans are right now. If nothing happens this week or the next, then we’ll be fighting to go up in 2021/2022 season and finish at the highest of mid table the season. Signings need to be made as soon as possible. Fingers crossed for some decent transfers this season. TRFC SWA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 11:39 by Volvic345.

Re: No transfers made = Frustrated Tranmere fans
Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 11:44

Theres hardly a glut of signings being made by anyone.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 11:50

We would all like to see signings but MP has said signings in August
Currently about half of the league are yet to sign a new player.They are all very wary of paying wages when no money is coming in.Some clubs might go under.When he considers it right there will be signings and hopefully some old favourites and promising talent will appear in the white shirt.SWA

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 11:53

Cant train whilst furloughed. Danns is no way a priority.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 12:18

Quote:
Volvic345
As a Tranmere fan, I feel ashamed of MP or MJ for not making any signs of giving new contracts to players or signing anyone, we’ll end up with Academy players who i personally don’t rate, defence besides right back and Ellis is sorted, wingers sorted, ferrier will be good for us next season but we need someone next to him, would like to see how Payne does in league 2 but better of with Vaughan. In regards to midfield, Banks Woodyard is a priority, following with LM and Neil danns. The fact is that a lot of teams have returned to training and our players are still on furlough, it’s a tough with no guarantee when to start but we should at least be training and signing players for £0 plus there wages. Frustrated is the only way to describe how all Tranmere fans are right now. If nothing happens this week or the next, then we’ll be fighting to go up in 2021/2022 season and finish at the highest of mid table the season. Signings need to be made as soon as possible. Fingers crossed for some decent transfers this season. TRFC SWA

After baldy1 and ptay2 we now have 3, 4 and 5 all together!
Just because you feel ashamed for some mysterious reason doesn't mean all Tranmere fans are frustrated. We're not.
From today, clubs are contributing more to the furlough (NI and pension). Pre season training presumably starts next week. Six weeks now to the start of the season. This was the time last year when we started announcing signings - a whole load of them, reflecting the work done behind the scenes over the previous weeks.
All seems under control.

Posted by: Hampshire White (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 12:21

I'm looking forward to Monday, I suspect that we will hear a lot more then.

Posted by: TRSince1968 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 12:29

I feel ashamed about that sort of post....

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 12:33

Quote:
Hampshire White
I'm looking forward to Monday, I suspect that we will hear a lot more then.
we will on monday and nextweek.ashamed and frustrated i think that was my first girlfriend ! Anyway get a reality grip this time nxtweek you will have your frustrations relieved

Posted by: This is sh1t (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 13:25

Quote:
TRSince1968
I feel ashamed about that sort of post....

Agree

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 13:34

I can see both sides of the argument, however, Mark Palios is highly regarded in his ability to turn failing businesses around. Therefore, the lack of recruitment so far is linked to the financial stability of Tranmere Rovers as a business.

I also feel a bit disappointed, but I am fully confident that when the time is right, we will see the team develop in time for next season.

MP stated that he expects us to be fighting for promotion next season, that suggests to me that he will assemble a squad of players with the ability and quality to achieve that.

Who's to say that there haven't been pre contact agreements already made with players and the club is fully utilising the furlough scheme to ensure the financial security of the club?

There are roughly six weeks until the proposed start of the season, however, looking at recent spikes of the pandemic, that could be put back even further.

The fact that Ellis, Banks and Danns haven't moved on yet, makes me think that maybe the club has made an approach to them and is waiting for official guidance before going firm on any new contracts.

All we know so far is that it is the intention of the EFL to start the new season on 12th September. This is subject to the Government reserving the right to make changes at short notice, which has been the case in recent days with Covid related restrictions.

We are obviously in negotiations with Woodyard and his agent because it's being touted that Wimbledon have attempted to hijack the move. Whilst that news is disappointing, it means that negotiations are going on behind the scenes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 13:36 by pez.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 14:01

I am mildly concerned that half a dozen teams,all,likely to ne promotion contenders have made quite a few signings but the starter post of this thread is both an over reaction. It is nonsense to say that anyone should feel ashamed. We do not know for how long the club will need to operate without a normal income stream. It is arrant nonsense to claim tone player or another is a priority. The first priority at our level has to be ensuring the viable sustainability of the club. We have seen how even in better times any foolish chief exec can sanction fan pleasing signings only for the club to be left with long term financial problems that threaten its existence.
We have a chairman who is pragmatic and far better qualified than most in football to steer us through the current uncertainties and challenges. If there is any shame,then sadly it falls on the originator of this thread for such ill informed judgement .It is one thing to have an opinion but when it comes to denigrating those whose actions have been consistently driven by the interests of the club there can be no tolerance

Posted by: Tranmere2003 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 14:33

Danns said he wants to sign back and I think he’ll be good for us next season and MJ has spoke to him about the situation, I would like to see caprice banks woodyard Ellis and mccoulgh all playing for us next season

Posted by: Pitou (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 16:26

I think a lot of clubs are staying away from signing anyone as we don't know if the season will starts and if they have a contact they need to be paid.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 17:00

Quote:
Tranmere2003
Danns said he wants to sign back and I think he’ll be good for us next season and MJ has spoke to him about the situation, I would like to see caprice banks woodyard Ellis and mccoulgh all playing for us next season
McCullough has signed for Glentoran. Of the others only Woodyard and Ellis for me plus Danns as you mention. We have a massive amount to do given we have only 9 first team players and of those massive doubts over Manny, CBT, Nelson and I suspect Payne given his twitter comments who all probably want to go - plus Ray who was so bad last season that even in L2 I have my doubts we can afford to play him -Jacko has his work cut out.
Have to be announcements Monday surely given training is starting? unless MP is taking the view that our finances are such that we are better off gambling the season start will be delayed and if its not the money saved will be worth starting the season with an unfit squad.

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 17:30

Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Tranmere2003
McCullough has signed for Glentoran. Of the others only Woodyard and Ellis for me plus Danns as you mention. We have a massive amount to do given we have only 9 first team players and of those massive doubts over Manny, CBT, Nelson and I suspect Payne given his twitter comments who all probably want to go - plus Ray who was so bad last season that even in L2 I have my doubts we can afford to play him -Jacko has his work cut out.
Have to be announcements Monday surely given training is starting? unless MP is taking the view that our finances are such that we are better off gambling the season start will be delayed and if its not the money saved will be worth starting the season with an unfit squad.

delay doubtful as the Scottish season has already kicked off. Time to get moving.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 17:31

Completely means nothing. If the season needs to be delayed on safety grounds it gets delayed

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 18:00

I think we will have a few deals lined up and deals done in principle, so much is up in the air, with Manchester now locked down again and debate over wether pubs will need to close to open schools I really doubt the season in Lg1 and 2 will start in September unless the a lot of clubs go part time.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 19:49

It seems there is definitely something in the water where Volvic345 is concerned, but whatever it is, I doubt it's the taste of guilt about this ill judged broadside, on objectively club minded people like the Chairs and the manager.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: stek26 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 22:33

Surprised MP or the club have not put out any statements on anything. It’s August now, we’ve got the new season start date and I would of thought a return date for pre season would have been released by now.

We’ve been relegated, lost our manager, lost Jennings, players who were on loan/out of contract & available to sign permanently are signing elsewhere.......

Really does suck to be a Tranmere fan right now, we could do with some good news!

Wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Danns and Perkins as our first choice CM again next season - serious!

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 23:36

My son keeps an eye on twitter etc....I am just to old to bother, he tells me that we are linked with a number of players, and some of our team last season are on their way, latest one was Caprice. While we may all think we can do a better job of managing the team than MJ, I doubt there are many of us that would claim to be better than MP at running a business in difficult trading conditions.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net