Current Page: 1 of 2
Once again!
Posted by: Ingleboro08 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 14:38

Gone behind (again) from a set piece!

We definitely need to stay in this.
Could do with getting in their box.

Hopefully, we can make a comeback!
Paul Mullin has scored again! (Pen.) 6 for the season.

Re: Once again!
Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 14:41

Newport have clearly got the most comfortable grass in the league; they're spending enough time lying on it.

Date: 17 October, 2020 14:46

Same last season!

Paul Mullin again! (Pen)

Must get at them a bit more second half.

Posted by: FloodlitFridays (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 14:54

Quote:
Phil65
Newport have clearly got the most comfortable grass in the league; they're spending enough time lying on it.

Yes, and the ref's been buying it every time. No change to their style of two years ago, quite clearly. Flynn's definitely got a bit of a proclivity for the dark arts.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 14:56

We need a magic MJ sub at half time.

Posted by: TRSince1968 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 14:57

Could do with VAR. One free kick they were given was when the player tripped up his right foot with his left! The commentators suggest that Tranmere only ever play long and direct. Based on the half, I can see why they think that. I think Feeney and Young should be given a chance. Maybe take off Banks because of his yellow card.no shots at all says a lot... The team last week had fourteen shots....

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 15:18

The Newport players should be ashamed of themselves but I doubt if they are! Surely something should be done about them congratulating themselves after the sending off. Shameful behaviour.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 15:22

Anthony Coggins the referee feared the worst.

He of Chester v Rovers VNL fame or is that infamy.

Date: 17 October, 2020 15:28

Quote:
TRSince1968
Could do with VAR. One free kick they were given was when the player tripped up his right foot with his left! The commentators suggest that Tranmere only ever play long and direct. Based on the half, I can see why they think that. I think Feeney and Young should be given a chance. Maybe take off Banks because of his yellow card.no shots at all says a lot... The team last week had fourteen shots....

Glad he was reading this thread lol

Posted by: Rally the rovers (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 15:52

The Irish clown commentating has absolutely no clue!

Date: 17 October, 2020 16:01

Quote:
Rally the rovers
The Irish clown commentating has absolutely no clue!

He definitely has a bias for Newport!

Anyway, before we are bombarded by the usual suspects, four out of six games have been played away, quite a few teams are playing badly and conceding goals and we have players to come back, so things could be far worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 16:04 by TRSince1968.

Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 16:04

Dire game that

Date: 17 October, 2020 16:17

Not good, started too defensive, no outlet and setup not to lose.
We did lose!
Not a shot on target, their goalie had a day off, nowt to do.

Not my idea of playing football.
Shape wasn't brilliant, another set piece goal again from a mistake.

They weren't great and maybe with hindsight should have had a go and tried to put under pressure, but the sending off didn't help.
Not worth a tenner!
Crap service, not good enough!

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 16:46

That was truly dire. Back to the absolute rubbish of the early games. We had a good side out today with a first choice/ equal back 5 (Murphy and Davies interchangeable for me) and 3 guaranteed starters in midfield. This playing 1 up front does not work when we don't have a target man. Jacko however seems unwilling to recognise that and we persisted until 4 minutes from time when the game was lost already.Created absolutely nothing with not a single shot on target.
The sending off shocking reactions by Newport players but doubt it will be over turned on appeal - looking at it again his right foot seems to come out after the initial challenge as well. Have to say playing as we were I think we would have lost even without the sending off but we will never know now.
Finally referee was terrible beyond belief - and not just because of the sending off.
Bright spots very few, other than Murphy made two excellent saves, Clarke was solid as ever and Young looked excellent when he came on. Hasn't been easy start for Jacko with Covid last week and this week and I appreciate we have had more away games but even so 6 points from 18 is not good.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 16:48

Never a sending off but at the end if the day dont give the ref the decision to make especially when he looked like he was itching to get his cards out

Posted by: greasbyrover (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 16:52

I don't watch the ifollow games, only the highlights on Quest. From reading various forum comments, there seems to be several matches now where we haven't even had a shot on target!

Date: 17 October, 2020 17:08

Quote:
ADD
That was truly dire. Back to the absolute rubbish of the early games. We had a good side out today with a first choice/ equal back 5 (Murphy and Davies interchangeable for me) and 3 guaranteed starters in midfield. This playing 1 up front does not work when we don't have a target man. Jacko however seems unwilling to recognise that and we persisted until 4 minutes from time when the game was lost already.Created absolutely nothing with not a single shot on target.
The sending off shocking reactions by Newport players but doubt it will be
over turned on appeal - looking at it again his right foot seems to come out after the initial challenge as well. Have to say playing as we were I think we would have lost even without the sending off but we will never know now.
Finally referee was terrible beyond belief - and not just because of the sending off.
Bright spots very few, other than Murphy made two excellent saves, Clarke was solid as ever and Young looked excellent when he came on. Hasn't been easy start for Jacko with Covid last week and this week and I appreciate we have had more away games but even so 6 points from 18 is not good.

The team has been depleted due to the Covid 19 situation within the club. The team still managed a reasonable performance against the top 2 teams. The top two teams are only 7 points ahead. Yes, performances need to improve but there needs to be a settled team. I prefer to look on the bright side. There is a long way to go.

Posted by: FloodlitFridays (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 17:14

Quote:
ADD
The sending off shocking reactions by Newport players but doubt it will be over turned on appeal - looking at it again his right foot seems to come out after the initial challenge as well. Have to say playing as we were I think we would have lost even without the sending off but we will never know now.

I knew it! No comment when we comfortably beat Scunthorpe and the only comment on the Salford game came (shock horror!!) when we were 2-0 down. Painfully obvious you’re champing at the bit to see the team fail. Or more specifically, the manager. Your clear contempt for both MM and Jacko is baffling.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 17:20

To be fair that wasnt a depleted side though was it? We had players missing that might have played but that could pretty much be a starting 11. Jackson says we were not upto it today in his post match and i think thats a fair assessment. Newport played the ref much better than we did and Jackson admitted we knew thats how they would play , using the “dark arts” yet the team were not streetwise enough not to fall into their traps

Posted by: Pete SF (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 17:35

Today not a the races. No shots on goal no corners. Second best though the hole game. We need a win on Tuesday.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net