O/T Virgil van Dijk and the Pickford incident.
Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2020 23:45

I have made it clear, here, in the past, that I favour the Blue side , over the river.

However, that was a shocking assault on van Dijk, offside or not. It seems like the lad has had his cruciate ligaments, in his knee, fecked. I have suffered that injury and, not only is it excruciatingly painful, but you are nacked for ages, and touch and go if you come back, at all.

I know that he is not averse to dishing it out; see Hamez early doors. But I hope the lad recovers and comes back.

Not long after I did it I saw Chelsea player, Casaraghi, go down with it, in a seemingly innocuous moment, and thought that the lad's career was over... and it was, sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2020 23:47 by Yiggsy.

Re: O/T Virgil van Dijk and the Pickford incident.
Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 06:59

Was a disgraceful challenge to be honest. If that was an outfield player on a keeper would have been a straight red and all sorts of hell to pay.

Posted by: Brenk (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 08:19

Is there a citing procedure in football as in rugby union? If there isn’t, there should be!

Posted by: Crazylegs Cranebird (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 09:06

Quote:
Uptonrover
Was a disgraceful challenge to be honest. If that was an outfield player on a keeper would have been a straight red and all sorts of hell to pay.

and that t*** we had yesterday - helped by Labadies usual cheating theatricals- sent Lewis off.
then Labadie cynically chops down Young and the referee takes no action, causing Clarke to do his nut.
At the end Clarke has a word with Coggins and the camera catches the t*** laughing as Clarkie walks away.

At least Labadie didnt bite anyone this time smiling smiley

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 10:32

I dont actually agree with the BT ref when he said it was violent conduct, yes the whistle had gone but Pickford committed to the challenge prior to so i don't see how it could be a red violent conduct is for exactly that violent conduct not bad tackles. Just one of those football oddities.

Posted by: mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2020 16:42

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2020 16:43 by mrGr33n13.

Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2020 10:13

Didnt see the game incidents or game for that matter. My only reflection on the derby match this year is for the benefit of my bluenose friends. Isn't it great that Everton have at last a squad that has so far competed in the Prem, and isn't it terrible that not one of you has been able to actually see them play. (and its not looking like you will see them play for quite a while).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net