Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Naivety
Posted by: Julius Cesar Wolf
Date: 27/11/2018 19:47
I beg to differ...somewhat.

I don´t think there is something wrong with Nunos ground philosophy.There is nothing wrong in trying to dominate games and trying to implement the basics for this with the team.
We are in an ugly five games streak,but we need to remember that we haven´t had the rub of the green of late either.I certainly didn´t see us doing many wrongs in the matches against Brighton and Gunners for example.The way I see it with just a touch of luck,and of course better goal scoring capacity we should be on 21 points by now..and I think everyone would have been happy with that.

This said,there has to be some room for variation within the limits of play set by Nuno..so to speak.We,as a team,has to be able to adapt to tactics a la Wagners Sunday.I wouldn´t even call it a plan B,just some solid counter to a tactic everyone could see would pose problems for us ten minutes in.Football is to a certain degree a game of chess,and to be real succesfull one needs a little bit of variation at least.

In Nuno and the team I trust,and I am not only saying that because it sounds good.I do believe that the principal path he is taking us is the right one,and it is one that will benefit us in the future as well.

Last..players need to do their part.They didn´t do that Sunday,and when that happens it doesn´t matter what tactics you use.Not if you´re not a top six club anyways.We cannot afford jogging back a la Doc for Mooys first goal for example.We are years from getting away with things like that in Premier League.

Bouncebackability counts.We win at Cardiff and we are back on track.Huddersfield wasn´t any worse than Forest at The Mol last glorious season for example.

We need a striker.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net