Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Naivety
Posted by: tumbleweedwolf
Date: 28/11/2018 10:30
I'm not buying this "managers have sussed out our style " crap that's put forward by the media and large sections of the fanbase. Most teams have only one style of football which is pass the ball, close opponents down and score as many goals as they can. This adjusting styles mantra normally involves teams simply putting an extra body upfront when chasing a game or putting an extra defender on when defending lol. The idea that managers watch wolves looking at an apparent unique style and adjust to compensate is ridiculous quite frankly. I can guarantee if team identities were hidden, none of these so called pundits on the radio/tv discussing styles could determine one style from another apart from how well a team plays which is determined by motivation and quality of player. If nuno had the same players McCarthy had, I doubt you would find any difference in styles regardless of a fancy sounding name or long beard.

The reason our "style" was lauded by the media earlier in the season was because we were playing well... for whatever reason that changed against Huddersfield but it's nothing to do with being "sussed out". The week before we nearly beat Arsenal at the Emirates and I expect us to get a result at Cardiff. Football has ridiculously fine lines with people trying to over analyse a sport where anyone can beat anyone on a given day and nothing to do with being sussed out like we are the target of an MI5 probe from scouts hiding in raincoats perched in the eaves of the Billy Wright exposing us.

One of the reasons I've lost interest in football is due to the over analysis that goes on.. United drew to palace last weekend and calls were coming in screaming for Mourinho to be booted out yet the week before he was lauded as a great manager turning the ship around beating Juventus. The Mix is full of cry babies soiling themselves at being sussed out- beat Cardiff and they are labelled pant wetters again with Nuno a God. You see this up and down the country with teams/clubs/managers due to supporters not fully understanding what they are watching on any given day with 22 men kicking a ball about where anything can happen finding the necessity to quantify the sport as more logical/scientific than it actually is.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net