Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Deano Jailed
Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf
Date: 06/10/2019 09:50
I’m certainly not going to argue against the overturning of the original sentence though Deano comes out of this with zero credit, quite rightly. I’d forgotten he originally didn’t want to serve community service due to his punditry (why??) which he will do now. An interesting turn around! The following is taken word for word from the BBC, reading the final sentence, is this an admission of drink driving, which of course he hasn’t been charged with?

Judge Everett said the district judge had been right to jail Saunders but, because of his previous good character and the prospect of rehabilitation, he could now suspend the sentence.
"The sheer shame is going to live with you for the rest of your life," he added.
"You should literally hang your head in shame by what you did.
"I suggest you take the opportunity to tell others that it really isn't worth it. Drink-driving is a terrible thing."
In a statement released by the League Managers Association, Saunders said: "I want to apologise to the court, my family and all of the people I have let down as a result of my actions.
"I made a terrible error of judgment for which I have been rightly punished, and I wholeheartedly regret that it happened.
"I accept that I have been given an opportunity by the court and I hope that people can learn from my experience. The message is a simple one - don't ever drink and drive."

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net